Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all.
Ijust joined the forumsas I am on my way to get into the world of trading. I'm studing quite a lot (articles for now, looking to buy some good books) and doing papertrading.

I am not looking to go live anytime soon, mostly because I realized what a mess the world of online brokers and web traders is.
Scam or not?

For now I am using Plus500 demo mode with fake money, and have been swing trading the last few days and closed all my open positions at profit (some forex and some CFDs).

What's your take on Plus500?
Do you know if it is serious enough to be trusted with money?

I couldn't get a clear image roaming the internet, they are one of the most advertised it seems, but I also read that they are some sort of scam. I liked it because of the no commission fee, seems to make more sense for a small investor (I don't want to invest anything more that 500£, but probably not even that.)

Last edited:
hi

my background is ecomonics/current affairs - been in and out of shares since 1986 at the tender age of 15. Work in manufacturing now but have always followed the markets and have built up a smallish sum trading shares.

What brought me here ? opened an account with JN Financial but not funded it yet - when i started digging i ended up here - the commission structure and inherent bias towards overtrading doesnt sit well with me on a managed account. What i read here has helped.

I live in fear of one thing and one thing only - losing my capital. And when I make a mistake its down to my due diligence. I'm here to pool some ideas and read about other peoples experiences.

Hi all who uses Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Hi,

I'm half way through the book "Stan Weinstein's Secrets for profittig in bull and bear markets.

In the book, he uses one indicator called "relative strength".

Does anyone know which software can show it on a chart?

Thanks!!:)

jojo77

Hi,

I'm half way through the book "Stan Weinstein's Secrets for profittig in bull and bear markets.

In the book, he uses one indicator called "relative strength".

Does anyone know which software can show it on a chart?

Thanks!!:)

jojo77

hi jojo77

i think it should be refer as RSI -- relative strength index.

thx & happy trading:D

Hello..My name is Velislav

Hello guys, My name is Velislav..I am new to trading and would like to learn more and share what I have come across with!
Thanks

im new here

Hi, one & all.

I'm a new (re-)registration, having previously been a (mostly inactive) member of T2W's predecessor (so long ago, I can't even remember what it used to be called)

Been trading/investing with varying degrees of success over the last 2 years. Still making some very stupid mistakes that were glaringly obvious in hindsight, and should have been obvious at the time.

Becoming more TA oriented as I've learnt more.

Sharescope user (isn't everyone?)

Basically, have come over here to further my TA education, and to look for other perpectives.

Steve.
Hi im new on here ( got on this site by a fluke while browsing the web, noticed you use sharescope ,i've just signed up to the gold service and trying to learn it,how are you doing with it? and good luck investing.
regards

hi jojo77

i think it should be refer as RSI -- relative strength index.

thx & happy trading:D

Its called the relative strength index, Its a great indicator actually and i use it and talk about it in the signals we offer. As it sounds, the Relative Strength Index (RSI) casts the ratio of the instrument’s strength compared to other periods, which is usually a value between $ 30 and 70. It is one of the main tools used FXLORDS Managed Forex Accounts.

The most common method for analyzing this indicator is to look for deviation between the values of the indicator and those for the prices, meaning; when prices reach a new record high, and the RSI remains below the previous high. This deviation is an indicator of a nearby change in the current direction. When the Relative Strength Index (RSI) begins to fall and then start penetrating the previous bottom, it may have therefore confirmed the downward trend.

Ways to use the Relative Strength Index (RSI) chart analysis:
Tops and Bottoms When RSI above 70, it usually indicates that the price is forming a top, and when it falls under 30, it indicates that the price is forming a bottom. Usually the indicator reaches a maximum value before an actual shape of a top or bottom is formed on the price chart.

Chart Patterns RSI often forms some known models and patterns such as the head and shoulders or triangles that may or may not be visible on the price chart.
Failure of support or resistance – Breakthroughs That’s when the RSI exceeds the previous high or fall to a new low.

Support and resistance levels The Relative Strength Index (RSI) sometimes shows support and resistance levels more clearly than the price itself.

Deviation As discussed above, deviations occur when the price reaches the top (or bottom) without a confirmation, a top (or bottom), from the RSI. In these cases, the price will usually start correcting alongside the trend of the relative strength.

Listne, check my website which you can access from my profile here, and take a look at the technical analysis page, theres a few Forex trading signals there that actually depended on the RSI. Bottomline, it works

Hi Everyone

My name is Jake and I am a third year university student studying accounting and finance with a strong interest in financial trading. I have no experience in terms of actually investing but I look forward to learning more so that I can make more informed decisions in terms of trading.

Hello Everyone,

I am Snehal and am looking forward to learn great stuffs about trading from fellow members.

Regards

Hello everybody

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick. I'm interested in trading commodity futures and options. I'm from the UK and I am studying the methods of Jim Prince at the Greatest Business on Earth located in Grants Pass, Oregon, USA.

It'd be nice to hear from anyone near Swindon as I have nobody to talk to about futures and options and even better if you subscribe to GBE.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi

My name is Niall, I am new to spread betting so I am learning as much as I can from this brilliant site and other sources. I have a couple of novice questions that I hope someone can help me with;

1. Which market? I work full time so will be learning how to trade in the evenings and weekends. This then begs the question about what markets that i can trade to get real time experience (i am leaning towards forex at the moment). The time frame that I will be looking at will be daily, weekly and potentially longer.

2. Which platform? I have looked at alot and tried a few; IG, ETX and Plus 500 but the things I need are;
A. A demo account which lasts longer than 2 weeks. I think I would need atleast a few months to get to grips with it before putting my own money in.
B. Good charts, I want to be informed by technical analysis of charts so, they are important but I would be willing to use other software if they are better options. Sharescope looks good but quite expensive at this stage in my learning.

I suppose that I am looking for advise and not answers but any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Niall

Last edited:
Hi,

Looking forward to learning and trading with you fellow forum members.
I reside in the UK!

Regards,
dkpaper

Software for screening shares in FTSE

Hi
I trade in FTSE shares and in Funds. Interested in Swing trading in Shares and Funds.

Like to know from members about softwares for screening .Read many book on trading.Not leading anywhere. I am not very successful in my trading. In frustration ,became an advisory client to Prime Markets and had a bitter experience .
Appreciate some advice from members.
Nachimuthu