Sticky Introduce Yourself

Ok, any idea which trading platform GDMFX is using?
It's kinda important info for me to know before I invest.

As I know, GDMFX is using MT4 platform, heard it's a secure and well recognized platform. Perhaps u can get more info from their website.

Hi guys, am an option trader. Wanted to know if this is a site mainly for FX traders or is it open to traders of all type. Thanks

Hi from Ohio,
Just a few inspirational quotes from some of my Hero's and Edison's quote that's kinda funny.

“If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts.” - Albert Einstein
”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.” - Abraham Lincoln
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” - Winston Churchill
" Why not Me :) " Ken R. a.k.a. topfuelfan

I've been leaning the trading ropes for a few years now. It's been a great self discovery lesson which I had no idea at first that it would turn into. For those more seasoned traders I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. The battle is within and with myself. Who knew ? Well many did, we just were not listening.

I'll try to drop by more often.

Introduction - seasoned trader

Hi:

Since retiring, I have devoted a lot of my time to becoming well acquainted with options, and option strategies and adjustments specifically. I've also had the time to conduct in-depth research to debunk a lot of the opinions that long-time floor traders (now retail traders) still carry with them, like so much excess baggage.

I have a fairly conservative trading style, which means I prefer to consistently get on base as opposed to hitting home runs. And this is why I find options so attractive - they enable me to select strategies with high probability outcomes (i.e., you risk a lot to make a little) The reality is, however, that on the rare occasion that you lose, you typically lose a small amount (while potentially you could lose a large amount).

While I have learned a lot, there are three important lessons that stand out. First, the markets are driven by newsworthy events. Therefore, understanding both the magnitude and the duration of these scheduled (and unscheduled) events on the markets is important to your trading success.

Second, as a result of the above, the price action of the markets is predominantly random (that is, they exhibit Brownian motion). Once you can accept this fact (for many this is not easy), then you are ready to apply the Probability Model, in conjunction with options, to increase your probability of profit (POP) from 50% to well over 90%.

And third, option modeling (ex., Black-Scholes model) enables us to measure directly market expectations through implied volatility (IV). While modeling is not perfect, it is far better than inferring expectations of market participants through historical volatility (HV). While IV is forward looking (as opposed to HV which is backward looking), it is not predictive (as many would mistakenly assume); it does however, provide the last important component needed in the proper employment of the Probability Model.

Hi everyone, I'm Steve.

I am interested in spread betting, I have been doing so for over a year now. I lost some money at first because I was new, inexperienced, greedy. Recently I have been making a little money by trading safe and not being too greedy. .

I like to trade apple if I can. And good luck to everyone here

Hello there people. I am a relative newbie who wants to learn trading CFDs short term trades (between a few hours to a few days). I only used to trade CFDs when there were major events in the world. For example I had a punt with the banks Morgan Stanley and Citigroup immediately after the Lehman bros crash, and I made a few bob. I also bought BP shares after its Gulf of Mexico oil disaster in 2010. I used the basic things I learnt from teaching Economics.

But now I want to become much more involved in trading regularly (after all waiting for the next economic event can take a while!!).

So please accept me into this community. I really want to make some success of a home trading career.

Cheers

Ali

Hello there!

This is Emma Jones. I'm a full time mom and full time financial adviser in a multinational finance company, Financial Link Corporation. I've been into this business for almost 3 years and counting. Keeping abreast of daily stocks, finance, cash bonds, financial advice, financial trading and news feed regarding financial market is my daily routine. Our firm is base in Melbourne,Australia specializing financial software for stock market traders. Wherein you can track expenses, use reporting tools and financial calculator and outlook. Find time to talk with me and link yourself in financial trading!

Reach me at:
[email protected]

link at the top told me to come here and say hi :) so hi :)

Right now I'm starting a site that follows traders and funds so that others can mimic their results. No analysis or research, just enter and exit when they do according to either their method and sizing, or I come up with a rational methodology (to fill in the blanks particularly with 13-f filing followers)

Also working on coming up with my own trend following system. Searching about ATR sizing brought me here initially (to a topic that wasn't really about ATR sizing unfortunately).

Maybe I'll post more later if I have something to contribute.

Hello. Just found this site. I only trade options,
on etf's. Dia, spy, tza, tna . The system I use is support and resistance levels. Stocksta.com is a very good site that does the work for you. It's free. I Keep it simple. No guru software. I'm here for the gossip and maybe pick up a tip or two.

introduction

HI, I am guy from Nepal and wants to broden my knowledge about forex trading so i joined this forum. Hope you guys will help me.

Hey there,

My name is Eric and I have decided to pursue an independent education in trading. I have a background in IT and Management. After completing my Masters in Administration, I decided that the ROI of a PhD program was not worthwhile since I am not interested in Academics at this time. Rarely have I seen a CIO or CEO obtain a PhD unless it was specific to a niche environment, the MBA seemed to be the terminal degree professionally. However, I do have the "learning bug" where I constantly enjoy challenging myself. Coming here to start my education in trading, investments, etc. seems very appropriate.

I am not a gambler, though I love strategy. I've been to Vegas twice, gambled for 1 hour, doubled my money and never gambled again while there. I once put $5,000 in a raffle which gave be 50% odds of winning a car (I bought 1000 of the 2000 total tickets). I didn't win, but I did claim it as a donation to charity. I would consider myself much more objective than subjective, though I do enjoy studying psychological influence.

My background in IT allows me to master infrastructure and understanding new technology, so I know that will be helpful when setting up a true redundant high speed environment (multiple internet connections, multiple power sources) for maximal uptime. My ADHD/OCD allows me to keep up with multiple tasks and micromanage them constantly without tiring.

I work as an IT Project Manager in Silicon Valley, but ultimately I would like to pursue my passion of financial optimization and strategy while travelling. I've got quite a few years ahead of me before thinking about marriage and children, and I have a fantastic career that allows me the flexibility of finances, so I feel that this is a great time to tackle my trading education.

I'm not looking to "get rich quick" and I do not have time constraints, I want to take the time to study and become a master trader. I want to "win the game" and reap whatever supplemental benefits come from it. I know this could take 5-10 years or even a lifetime, but joining this forum should help me jumpstart that education.

Eric

Hi all

I've been trading options for about 5 years and like to focus on market neutral strategies.

I'm hoping to meet some like-minded people and share trading ideas.

Hi everyone,

I've been trading for 13 years and have read every trading book you could imagine. I have come to this site because I am curious if there are any books I might have missed? Oh yeah, how do I start a thread?