Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone,
My name is Lee, i've been working for an Investment Bank for 15 years in the Corporate Finance side of the business which has allowed me to become familiar with different markets and how the move. In the last 18 months i've been learning technical analysis of forex markets and have been trading my own account for six months. Ideally i'd like to trade full time so i can concentrate my attention and continue to progress. I'd like to hear from you regarding your stratergies, what indicators you use and generally share ideas. etc etc
thanks
Lee

Hello world,

I'm Max, 313 Max... A resident of the Netherlands, trying to learn and teach myself more about the stock, investments and everything else that is involved with it.
I've been involved with all the stocks and it's updates for over 2 years. But never had the chance (and for my say the knowledge) to start investing with real money. So I've always been participating in demo's and wish to start going live soon. Friend of mine who is a TA gave me some books and papers to read, and so far has been a great mentor.

Now I'm a bit on my own, and I'm eager to learn more so I can start real stock trading. I guess you can say that I'm addicted to this game, even though I haven't used real money yet.

Hello everyone, my name is Sergio, I am 24 years old, and I currently live in France. I heard about a friend about CFD Trading outside the UK, he used Cmc Broker, for its user friendly nature. I have never traded before in my life, I didn't even know what a broker or a stock was before. I did a Demo account over there, and so far I've learned so much, yet i'm sure i'm far away from opening a live account. I used to grow and sell weed for a living, but I want out, since it has become really risky. I wish I could meat success full and un-success full people around, interested to share their knowledge. Im planing on making this my new business, along with any work I find along the way. So far, planing to be a Daily trader, on small amounts (When I actually decide to open Live). Thanks for reading, I can be contacted here "[email protected]". Peace, and success (Or should I say luck? hehehe).

Hi, my name is Tim and I'm a newbie. looking forward to making a lot of friends. I'm from the United States and I'm looking for a broker. All the brokers outside the U.S. will not open new accounts if you live in the U.S. Anybody know of any good brokers?

Hi,

I've been following share prices of companies for some 15 years now but have rarely had sufficient spare cash to invest, preferring to put money aside for a rainy day. I've now realised that I'm not much of a trader but do like observing how trends (social, political) and events impact stock prices.

My experience has distilled into a new online social investing game which enables more experienced investors to encourage followers. By tying groups of people around hypothetical trades, we can separate the wheat from the chaff - the alpha from the beta. Nobody loses or gains anything more than points.

The game is ready and I hope that some people like. Can I post the URL as I'd like to solicit some opinions and advice?

Regards,
Adam

Hi,
My name is Jan. I am a forex trader with about 2 years trading experience. I am still at University meaning that I don't have much money spare to fund a full time career in trading. I am mainly looking for ways in which I can make a career out of the skills I already have. I make a profit with my trading but I do not have the money to invest in order to make a living off trading alone.

Hi Guys,

I am a forex trader mainly trading the majors- EUR/USD/JPY/CHF. I am currently living in London and have been working for a prop house until December 2012, when the managers decided to close down the fund. I have a successful track record on my own account and was just starting to make money at my ex job in the prop house, just before they shut it down. Indeed, my system is quite reliable and last two weeks it had a spectacular performance- 310% return. The problem is that I am trading with a small amount of money, which are still not enough to cover for my living expenses. After my last job (at the prop house), I haven't had any other corporate experience and I have been pretty much trading for my own account. I have had several interviews with other prop houses and some of them offered me a place if I put some money on the table- money which I don't have at the moment. At the same time, I really urgently need a job and feel that finding another trading job could take ages even with a good track record, since almost nobody is hiring right now. That is why, I am in front of a huge dilemma- whether to take any job whatever it is- even a marketing job and leave trading for now, when I have finally built a successful trading system (technical+fundamental+psychology). If I choose that way, I would feel like I have wasted my last 4 years of research and trading experience, but the ugly reality is that I won't be able to support myself financially otherwise. Although my general impression was that I would easily find a job in other financial sectors, it appears that banks in general do not appreciate people coming from a trading background, since I have applied to other fields like Risk, Private Equity, Research, etc. and had zero success. Despite everything, my greatest passion is trading and that is what I want to do for a living and I have the proof I can do it if only I had someone backing me up. But since, that is not happening and the time is passing very quickly, I would appreciate to hear what other people who have walked in my shoes have on mind.

Thank you for your response,

Cheers,
Atanas

my name is kieth and i want to my little contribute in this awesome community. Hope you all my fellows participated here in a good way and learn a lot. I have seen some discussion of my senior friends who define great.

Greetings Guys,

My name is Jay and I am a parttime trader looking to go fulltime. I hope to learn much from this forum

Hi - I'm having a quick look around the forums. Am interested in Forex, spread betting, and long-term investments,

cheers,

Jon.

new to this forum though a couple of years trading full time now with mixed success...the hard school of knocks .
Left the big bad corporate world at 44 as a partner level consultant and don't intend to return: hoping to get my trading to a new level in the next few months.

Hi There

I am living in England and am learning to be a full-time Forex trader. I started in June 2012 and have just started to make a profit. I am particularly interested in exit strategies.... It is easy to open a trade but not as easy to maximise profit. All suggestions gratefully recieved.

I will help you, no problem

Hi Guys,

I am a forex trader mainly trading the majors- EUR/USD/JPY/CHF. I am currently living in London and have been working for a prop house until December 2012, when the managers decided to close down the fund. I have a successful track record on my own account and was just starting to make money at my ex job in the prop house, just before they shut it down. Indeed, my system is quite reliable and last two weeks it had a spectacular performance- 310% return. The problem is that I am trading with a small amount of money, which are still not enough to cover for my living expenses. After my last job (at the prop house), I haven't had any other corporate experience and I have been pretty much trading for my own account. I have had several interviews with other prop houses and some of them offered me a place if I put some money on the table- money which I don't have at the moment. At the same time, I really urgently need a job and feel that finding another trading job could take ages even with a good track record, since almost nobody is hiring right now. That is why, I am in front of a huge dilemma- whether to take any job whatever it is- even a marketing job and leave trading for now, when I have finally built a successful trading system (technical+fundamental+psychology). If I choose that way, I would feel like I have wasted my last 4 years of research and trading experience, but the ugly reality is that I won't be able to support myself financially otherwise. Although my general impression was that I would easily find a job in other financial sectors, it appears that banks in general do not appreciate people coming from a trading background, since I have applied to other fields like Risk, Private Equity, Research, etc. and had zero success. Despite everything, my greatest passion is trading and that is what I want to do for a living and I have the proof I can do it if only I had someone backing me up. But since, that is not happening and the time is passing very quickly, I would appreciate to hear what other people who have walked in my shoes have on mind.

Thank you for your response,

Cheers,
Atanas

alright I will help out, will discuss see how proficient you are, then I can benchmark set you straight

Hi

I find myself nearer and nearer to my goal in terms of trading successfully, but can only see light at the end of the tunnel. Should have been glaring ages ago !

I think the video explanations (free on registration) about "what moves the markets" are excellent on Martin Cole's and worth having a listen. Please note: I am NOT interested in the software and haven't tried it out at all (so I am not recommending it) !

Last edited by a moderator: