Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Everyone !

I'm Charles, been reading the forum for a while, never posted or anything, but learnt a lot. I'm in my early 30s and been trading for 7 years in a broker firm in Hong Kong. Just wanted to say hi to everyone !

Hi all,

My name is Mikey and i'm here to learn about trading, I am a complete newbie but would like to learn about technicals. I am interested in particular in options - US markets. I am UK based and was wondering if anyone knew of a UK based online brokerage site that will allow me to trade US options without exorbitant fees (or forced currency conversions). Thanks

Hello everybody, my name is Lucas Freemann and I am a financial investor / broker. I have a genuine Provider of Bank Instrument such as Bank Guarantee and Standby Letter of Credit. If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me for more details. Thank you.

Looking to Start a UK OEIC or UNIT TRUST (Canadian Equitiy Focused)

Good afternoon - I work in the investment department of an established investment management firm looking after private clients, foundations and a mutual fund. I am looking to start or set up a Canadian equity fund in the UK (either an OEIC or Unit Trust). Looking for the best ways to do it that is not too costly - I would consider a sub-advisor mandate too if it is easiest to do... Any ideas or suggestions?

Good evening everyone, my name's Jason. I currently work in the Finance sector for a merchant bank as an underwriter; with a basic understanding of stocks and day trading, looking to get a real strategy down and start to day trade from home and build a portfolio.

Hi There

I am living in England and am learning to be a full-time Forex trader. I started in June 2012 and have just started to make a profit. I am particularly interested in exit strategies.... It is easy to open a trade but not as easy to maximise profit. All suggestions gratefully recieved.

Hi,

I'm in Atlanta GA. After months of virtual trading /es I left my 17 year career in nuclear medicine and cashed out my retirement to trade full time. I had my game down cold on TDAmeritrade but when it came game time the wouldn't approve me to trade /es. Now I'm having to start over on IB and figure it all out. They aren't very user friendly...

I've been reading the site off and on for a few years. I've been trading since 2000. I started trading bull put spreads in options in 2000, after taking a "course" offered by a trader in my town. You can guess for yourself how that went. A couple years later I cobbled together another trading account, read some books, and started trading O'Neil stocks before moving to some indicator based, shorter term systems. I took more courses, read more books, became more systematic and statistical in my market approach, and I had some success (finally). About two years ago, I started trading a couple of back-tested systems intra-day with very small risk size. After about 8 months, I was able to build up to my target risk size and traded that way for a little over a year. I'm taking some time off right now to stay at home with toddler, but I plan to start trading again within the next few months.

Edit: Oops, I forgot, I trade equities and ETFs now...no more options.

Last edited:
I've been reading the site off and on for a few years. I've been trading since 2000. I started trading bull put spreads in options in 2000, after taking a "course" offered by a trader in my town. You can guess for yourself how that went. A couple years later I cobbled together another trading account, read some books, and started trading O'Neil stocks before moving to some indicator based, shorter term systems. I took more courses, read more books, became more systematic and statistical in my market approach, and I had some success (finally). About two years ago, I started trading a couple of back-tested systems intra-day with very small risk size. After about 8 months, I was able to build up to my target risk size and traded that way for a little over a year. I'm taking some time off right now to stay at home with toddler, but I plan to start trading again within the next few months.

Edit: Oops, I forgot, I trade equities and ETFs now...no more options.

Last edited by MrUnderhill; Today at 7:46am. Reason: grammer

and ironically, spelling :LOL: Welcome to the forum, nice post.

Hi Folks.

My name is Harry. I'm from London and mainly trade European Fixed Income. I'm not sure how much discussion there is on that here but will take a look!

Hi, My name is Wessel. I trade shares on the JSE the past 18 years. I have written my own software bases on the Dow principle (these days the Efficient Market Theory) to make share selections and projections. My background is Applied Maths (Princeton), Computer Science (Oxford) en Theoretical Physics (Oxford)

I have lost all knowledge of the business I am in. Please send me resume of the opportunities available to me. Thanks

hi, I am new to forex trading, a confident and quick learner but also humble and willing to learn. I used to sell life insurance and got on the fsa register due to that with my company, please kindly advice if i can still use that platform to accept peoples money or do I need to re-register. kind regards

Hi Boykie76,
Don't know about those, never done it; I do serious maths on all entities. That gives me direction as well as when (intra-day) to trade. When positive (or negative) factors enter the entity my maths(graph) tell me and I can take action.
Hope this helps
May you have a good day!
Wessel