Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hey Madisondad
If you don't mind me asking, what's you top 5 lessons you had learn from your experience and what changes did these lead to.
Thx

LJS

hello .. im new here , my name is Myrtle and im from Australia .*wave*.hope to learn new things here and maybe help aswell..

Hi Myrtle, I am in OZ too, at the Gold Coast, have started trading in October and am 60 % down trading on advice of a company which charges $5000 to become a member. In this forum are a lot of wnkers, I have not yet seen one useful suggestion people get off on their egos. Just look at some of their avatars! If you wish to have a chat send me an e-mail I am keen to share ideas with someone here in Australia, I think we are a bit disadvantaged from a time zone point of view? I am a swing trader mainly in FX and some commodities such as the grains and oil and gold. feel free to e-mail me on [email protected]
cheers
Rainer

Hi there folks,

I just came across this forum, although I've been in the other ones for a while. Not sure if that should be interpreted into something, but I am looking forward to having an enriching experience here.

As for my trading, have been doing that on & off for the last 2 years - have started doing this more seriously from this year, albeit time still poses restrictions. Due to that I'm focusing mainly on end-of-day trading - primarily swing trades.

Well, that's about it I guess. See you all around.

Cheers!

Good Day

I am a veteran currency trader and I have decided to register in order to post here. I hope my stay here is enjoyable and helpful.

Hi all,

I've been trading for the last 19 years. For myself as well as managing for others. All my experience is based on the US markets, dealing in futures, stocks, and options. On the international front, I've only traded the EURUSD pair in FOREX.

These days I find myself focusing purely on day trading, and have just about given up position trading altogether. If and when I do position trade its in the futures markets or with options on popular stocks. Not that day trading is better than position trading or anything like that, it's just what I prefer. Based on my personality, my strengths and weaknesses, day trading is what works for me personally.

I'm really new to all this internet social network thing, and I really don't know much about forum etiquette etc. Facebook and MySpace are a complete mystery to me as to what the purpose is. Like most traders, I'm always looking to refine my skills and become more disciplined (i.e. looking for the Holy Grail of Trading). That being said, I won't throw good money at a bad idea....test test and test some more....

Anyway, this many years into the game, I've got tons of war stories, from the trading room to the pro side of the business (managing for others).

So, like everyone else here, I'm looking for people to network with, as day trading is a really lonely endeavor, and of course always on the lookout for....the HOLY GRAIL OF TRADING.....lol....

Happy Trading to y'all

John

Hello, I found this forum as I was searching for a good online broker to better trade my Canadian stocks. At the moment I'm interested in Interactive Brokers so I plan to ask some questions in the IB sub-forum.

Tom :cool:

Hi RealDavinci,
Here are the top five lessons that I've learned over the past 4 years of day trading the futures market.
1. The markets are not random. - They operate on cycles just like everything else. Once you learn those cycles, you increase your performance. (Hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithmic_trading)
2. Check your tools! – Most of the trading tools on the market don’t provide “actionable” intel and tend to keep traders entrenched in outmoded strategies.
3. Early to bed, early to rise makes a trader wealthy and wise! - More often than not, the futures markets are more active and function “as designed” during the very early hours of the morning than when most traders begin their second cup of coffee.
4. Learn to play poker. – The have parallel concepts. Especially learning when and how to fold, it’s a critical skill if you want to live to trade another day.
5. Forecasts and predictions are similar, but totally different. – Predictions are forecasts without calculations, which in this line of business is a recipe for disaster! Seek out information sources that provide forecasts based on good science, not some guru’s gut.
I'll be happy to help in the future. Happy hunting!!

Hey Madisondad
If you don't mind me asking, what's you top 5 lessons you had learn from your experience and what changes did these lead to.
Thx

LJS

Response:
Hey Madisondad
Thx

LJS

I don't mind at all SprintLJS, that’s a fantastic question! I would have to say the top five lessons and the changes they led to were:

1. The markets are not random. - They operate on cycles just like everything else. Once you learn those cycles, you increase your performance. (Hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithmic_trading)

2. Hammers don't work when a screwdriver is needed! – Most of the trading tools on the market don’t provide “actionable” intel and tend to keep traders entrenched in outmoded strategies.

3. Early to bed, early to rise makes a trader wealthy and wise! - More often than not, the futures market is more active and functions “as designed” during the very early hours of the morning well before most traders start their first cup of coffee.

4. Learn to play poker. – The concepts are parallel. Learn when and how to fold, it’s a critical skill if you want to live to trade another day.

5. Forecasts and predictions are similar, but totally different. – Predictions are forecasts without calculations, which in this line of business is a recipe for disaster! Seek out information sources that provide forecasts based on good science, not some guru’s gut.

Hope that helps chief, happy hunting!!

Howdy Folks.

Thanks for the site and boards. I've been lurking around for a while now and I am preparing to become more than just a shadowy face.

I've been trading full-time and not well for longer than I want to admit and it's time to get serious. Actually it's way past the time to get serious but that's a story that will make itself known over the course of the next two years.

I really appreciate all that I've read and look forward to participating with you all.

Happy Trading, J. (TPD)