Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello Anna1, This is Miss Tint and I am new here as well. Welcome aboard and I hope you find your experience and info searching here a very positive one.

Cheers

haha good answer man. I definitely agree w/u.

i think mentors should start with this:

"here are my live statements, this is the proof that i know what i'm talking about"

otherwise anyone is willing to be a mentor nowadays, and 1% in a million can actually trade. the rest offer mentorship as a way to make money, not to truly expand knowledge and mastery of trading"

you guys might be from the 1% im referring to, in which case please provide your live account statements as a kind gesture to everyone.

the proof = is always in the live account statements

and here are mine:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...s-dd-5-looking-investors-advice-new-post.html

and there's another chap in that thread who is offering his live statements

happy trading :)

:)

Hello all,

Searched for a board looking for help, and after skimming around T2W I wanted to jump in. I am a 20 year old college student, stateside, with absolutely no knowledge in investing. With that said, I basically come to peruse and learn some ins and outs. Thanks in advance guys + gals.

- Monstro

Monstro, trading is not something you jump in, and then all of a sudden, you're making big money. It takes time and lots of practice on demo accounts to learn to develop a methodology. There are many metholodolgical views just on this site, yet, everyone of them are right if the trader is a consistent winner. There are also many indicators to use, I do mean Many. Once again, it takes practice to figure which ones are best for you to use in the developmental process of your methodology. Personally, I would begin with opening a demo account, become acquainted with all the indicators you can. Visit the threads where trades and forecasts are posted. There are also some good web sites you can visit. After all that, then keep an open mind, and practice, practice and practice. Build up your experience. If after 6 months, you are a consistent winner on your demo account, then you might be ready to trade live.
These are all helpful nuggets that I hope will help get you started on your journey.

Hi MonstroniuM,

Glad you have joined us. There is quite alot to learn about trading and about yourself. Do you know what markets you would like to trade? Also, I would recommend that you read up on Trading Psychology. There are two books by Mark Douglas...Trading In The Zone and The Disciplined Trader. The contents of these books you will need throughout your trading career.

I have a thread here called Goldmine! If you think I can be of help in any way, please let me know.

Take care and welcome again,

FX4Newbies

Hello all,

Searched for a board looking for help, and after skimming around T2W I wanted to jump in. I am a 20 year old college student, stateside, with absolutely no knowledge in investing. With that said, I basically come to peruse and learn some ins and outs. Thanks in advance guys + gals.

- Monstro

Great replies so far, yet another reason why I thought this would be the right place to get on the wagon.

I think my first stop is Stock Market/ Investing Lingo literature so now I can get that down pat. I have located the two pieces of work from Mr Douglas that you have so kindly recommended me FX.

@4XP, I see what you're saying and intend to do so. Like I said, still in college so my money already has priorities over my retirement, etc as of now. But like you said, I wanted to get the experience under my belt so I can jump in when I am finally in the reigns of my employment, etc. I wouldn't have to entrust my hard earned dollars to someone who does have investment knowledge.

Again, thanks for the kind words, and the warm embrace T2W. Look forward to the experience to come.

-Monstro

Wonderful! Just keep pressing. It is a journey I think you will not regret.

All the best!

FX4Newbies

Great replies so far, yet another reason why I thought this would be the right place to get on the wagon.

I think my first stop is Stock Market/ Investing Lingo literature so now I can get that down pat. I have located the two pieces of work from Mr Douglas that you have so kindly recommended me FX.

@4XP, I see what you're saying and intend to do so. Like I said, still in college so my money already has priorities over my retirement, etc as of now. But like you said, I wanted to get the experience under my belt so I can jump in when I am finally in the reigns of my employment, etc. I wouldn't have to entrust my hard earned dollars to someone who does have investment knowledge.

Again, thanks for the kind words, and the warm embrace T2W. Look forward to the experience to come.

-Monstro

I'm very grateful for this site. Great comments and articles from many seasoned traders.

I have been a physical natural gas day trader for three years, now embarking on a new career direction. Time to put what I have learned (and continued to learn) into practice for myself.

Will be spending a lot of time defining my Trading Plan. Most traders I have worked with who have crashed and burned did not adhere to the basic rules.

Thank you for such a great site.

Hello Moreilly,

Glad you are thinking seriously about your Trading Plan. That shows that you have a good understanding of the MM component of success in this business. Continue to put solid building blocks in place until your goals are achieved. Don't know what you use for TA. I use the Andrews' Pitchfork as my primary tool of analysis. My thread is located at Goldmine! where I have several charts that show how it is used. Hope you will have a chance to visit.

Glad to have you and all the best.

FX4Newbies

I'm very grateful for this site. Great comments and articles from many seasoned traders.

I have been a physical natural gas day trader for three years, now embarking on a new career direction. Time to put what I have learned (and continued to learn) into practice for myself.

Will be spending a lot of time defining my Trading Plan. Most traders I have worked with who have crashed and burned did not adhere to the basic rules.

Monstro, that will turn out to be a positive thing for you. You can learn without the pressure of wanting to start too quickly. The one thing that you will still be availed of is the priviledge to start a demo account so you cna begin demo trading. There are a lot of brokers that will give you a lifetime demo. Most of the successful traders I have talked to have a demo account to still practice new tricks on.
Times are different as far as the needed funds are concerned to get started. Many brokers have what are called micro accounts, where you can start comfortably with about $100. Once your methodlogy is fully developed, even $100 can grow quite quickly.
In stocks, you cna now purchase and sell partial shares of stock, or you can buy on sell directly on the index.

-Monstro

About 90% have crashed and burned in the 1st 3 months. I think most successful traders will agree with me that there are three things you need to have fully developed before you start trading with your own money--1. A fully developed methodlogy--another words, know exactly when and how to exit and enter a trade. Let your methodology be the standalone foundation you have to make your trading decisions on. Also, it is not important how many trades you make, or the tenure of your trades. The thing that is right is what is right for you; 2. Margin management--You may have the best methodology in the world, but you don't margin properly, you will bankrupt your account; 3. Managing self--Fear and greed are the two main factors that rule people. Those two factors have to be dead when you are making trading decisions. Also, stay level. Stick to the basics. Don't get up too high, and don't get down too low. Thsoe 3 items are of equi-imprtance. You will fail if you have perfected 2 of them, and failed in one of them.
Best wishes!

Re: Fibonacci Grid Trader - Hello Everyone!

Hello Shakespeare515,

Welcome! Your advice is so right on! Everybody new thinks they can just grab a trick here and there and have no idea that in the final analysis, their success will depend on them. I wholeheartedly agree with the mentoring concept.

I trade using the Pitchfork. My thread is called Goldmine! Glad you have a system taht works for you. I just find the Pitchfork to be an amazing tool. Fibs are wonderful too by the way :).

Take care,

Hi FX4Newbies, just saw your post, dont know how that got by me.. Thanks for your welcome. I will be watcing your thread..

Also, I forgot to mention earlier that you can watch us trade live via our live Forex Malibu traderoom webcam

Anyone can stop by and watch us Mon-Thursday 8:30am-Noon Eastern Time

Let me know what you think if you get a chance to stop by..

...good trades,

Sam

Absolutely right on advice for any new trader! Take all three of these points to heart..and you really have got to have a methodology that gels with you.

About 90% have crashed and burned in the 1st 3 months. I think most successful traders will agree with me that there are three things you need to have fully developed before you start trading with your own money--1. A fully developed methodlogy--another words, know exactly when and how to exit and enter a trade. Let your methodology be the standalone foundation you have to make your trading decisions on. Also, it is not important how many trades you make, or the tenure of your trades. The thing that is right is what is right for you; 2. Margin management--You may have the best methodology in the world, but you don't margin properly, you will bankrupt your account; 3. Managing self--Fear and greed are the two main factors that rule people. Those two factors have to be dead when you are making trading decisions. Also, stay level. Stick to the basics. Don't get up too high, and don't get down too low. Thsoe 3 items are of equi-imprtance. You will fail if you have perfected 2 of them, and failed in one of them.
Best wishes!

1. Updated bio data: I’m Mustapha Azeez . I am a professional forex trader – signals strategist, funds manager, researcher and coach. I started my trading career some years back. I was a novice trader for a long period of time, but since the year 2007 the thoughts of some great traders like Ed Seykota, Van K. Tharp, Emilio Tomasini, Wolfgang Kurz, Mike Baghdady etc have shaped me, therefore bringing the breakthrough I need. I profoundly feel obliged to help new and advanced traders duplicate the kind of trading success I experience.

2. My trading belief: Truly, there has been no clear empirical or mathematical detection that complex trading systems provide better results than simple ones. Market wizards agree that success isn’t based on our ability to predict the market accurately. It’s based on the 3 simple secrets: cutting losses and running profits, strict position sizing with low risk, discipline and patience to follow the 2 preceding secrets. No one can survive the markets consistently (in the long run) without these simple concepts. Losses are a normal part of trading. The overwhelming need to be right about a position usual results in financial disaster. But with a good risk-to-reward ratio (positive expectancy), plus strict risk management, we will survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, one & all.

I'm a new (re-)registration, having previously been a (mostly inactive) member of T2W's predecessor (so long ago, I can't even remember what it used to be called)

Been trading/investing with varying degrees of success over the last 2 years. Still making some very stupid mistakes that were glaringly obvious in hindsight, and should have been obvious at the time.

Becoming more TA oriented as I've learnt more.

Basically, have come over here to further my TA education, and to look for other perpectives.

thanks.
milanoagency

Hai to all how do you all I am Nasar from India and I am an advocate and new to Stock market and just joinned