Sticky Introduce Yourself

response

if you want minimum damage let s cooporate. i m mathematician and got some secret ,can sms you when to lunch a trade how to adjust stop losses etc .depending on your initial deposit.if you got account of more 1000 pounds i guarantie ya 30 pipes per day with 40.000 lots it s 30*4 =120 dollars per day and can go far too

Magictrader27,

Tell me more about your experience with mathematics. What branch of the subject?
What are the secrets that you mentioned? You can sms but are there any charges?
Have you any examples of success rate?
How long have you been trading?
AW

Hi all

I am not exactly new here. But never took active part as I was busy with a indian traders forums in which i am one of the moderators.

I am from India. Technical Analysis is a passion and have been working hard on it for quite some time. I have learnt a lot from this forum especially from the posts of dbphoenix. Currently putting together a simple summary on Volume Spread Analysis on my blog.

I dont know if it is legal here to post links to personal blogs. hence I amnot posting it here.
happy Trading to all

regards

A newbie to the site, hello everyone

Hi folks. I'm new to T2W. I'm usually a lurker because I don't really have any type of expertise but I would like to learn more about trading stock options and learn better how to trade stocks. I have been working to learn more about technical analysis. My biggest trading problems seem to be setting stops and taking profits too soon. I am anxious to learn from more experienced investors. Dotell

hi everyone im prince uyi and im glad to be with you . i hope we will have a lovely trading stay together

if you want minimum damage let s cooporate. i m mathematician and got some secret ,can sms you when to lunch a trade how to adjust stop losses etc .depending on your initial deposit.if you got account of more 1000 pounds i guarantie ya 30 pipes per day with 40.000 lots it s 30*4 =120 dollars per day and can go far too

That is interesting, i will love to know more on the how.

Market ptofile software

Hi all, I am trading since few years. I go through some of the several learning process steps (from the trade as gambing to the search of the perfect silver bullet indicator, heavy backtest, ...). After reading Phil Town Rule#1 I became a lover of the Buffet value investing. And now I am very interested in the trading version of the value investing, that uses market profile to see where value does not meet price. I see that market profile software comes usually with (expensive) real time data provider. Does anyone knows if there is a tradestation, metastock, or similar, software plugin that allows to see profiles using EOD data, maybe with 60 min bars. Thanks. Ciao, Stefano

Hi All,
The first, i want to say hello to every one. I am a new one in TA. I want to study about TA. So I singned up this site. Please help me when you can!
Trung NIIT

hi everyone
my name is julian from south africa this is my first message i hope by communicating with you all will add value to my trading thanks.

hi everyone, i'm a newbie to this site, and to trading. i have been investing for some time. but i didn't feel as if i was in enough control of my financial destiny. i think in success in trading will be a nice balance. i expect to learn a lot from this site. that's why i am here

New in Town

Hi All of You,

I'm living in Belgium (close to the dutch border) in Limburg and wondering if there are other traders from Belgium or Holland on this site. I work mainly with options. I do have some 5 years of trading experience.

Albert

Hi All,
The first, i want to say hello to every one. I am a new one in TA. I want to study about TA. So I singned up this site. Please help me when you can!
Trung NIIT

Hi Trung,

IS FOREX Trading common in Vietnam. YO trade FOREX

harrods88

Been trading eminis for a long time. Have used most of the tech signals available..CCI, MACD, TRIN, etc. I use IB which connects with Quotetracker(free). Quotetracker charts are the best I've ever seen and are free in real time.. tick to tick if you desire. I use Bracket trader to trade(also free). Basically no expenses except for the account at IB and the round trip costs for the contracts.
Ok..I'm a cheap guy. I have settled on my best indicator on two minute charts..MACD 6,8,8. If you watch this indicator and sim it for some time..you will see it declare tops and bottoms as it hooks and breaks htls. Anyway..there's more to it, but this a brief intro to my stuff..and I'm happy to join up here. Have read some great articles on this site.

Nick

Hi all,

Permit me to use this medium to announce my membership into this forum, I am use it will worth it's while looking at the quality of post here, I can learn more and develop better trading strategies from knowledge gathered here, and as well, I am sure I have something to offer all on the forum too.

Fakayode Ademola
http>//be-lifted-today.blogspot.com

hello everybody

This is my first post on this great website. I have read a lot on this website and have have got loads of information on trading. Currently I am working as a prop trader in one of the city firms.

With all my knowledge and practical sense I am getting a positive return of 15% per month on my 5 figure worth portfolio. Due to small size of the portfolio I guess i am doing well.

The returns are very restricted as I trade a lot but have very strict risk management in place. So in all I make number of small profits and number of small losses. When you do the maths overall I am in profit. But these methods drains all energy out of you...

But nevertheless. I enjoy trading ... its more like fun than a job to me..

Devesh

Hope to learn more from this place.. with all the gurus.. of traders out here.. .

New to This!!!

Hi, I have read a lot of views on prop firms. I am a business graduate from the university of edinburgh. I am very enthusiastic about trading. Few days back I saw an advert on efinancialcareers.co.uk about FTC's Global Trading Community 3 month derivatives professional trading apprenticeship program.

They are charging 2500 pounds for the first month, 1500 pounds 2nd month and 1000 pounds the 3rd month. In the 3rd month they will be opening me a house account and allow me to trade company funds of CFT Financials. I checked on FSA Register on FCT Alternate Investments, it is no more FSA authorised; last was Sept 2007. But CFT Financials, a Partner firm of whom clients I will be dealing with, is Authorized by FSA. CFT Financisl is "Exempt CAD firm" as stated on FSA Register.

My basic motive is get on a salaried job (IB, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Venture Capital) post this Program. But I have some questions in my mind;

1. What is the credibility of the Program, the firm & where would I stand post this course.
2. What is the worst case scenario; if I dont perform (in one of the threads here I read 90% fail..this is all just to calculate my risk here), will the employers be still inerested in me???
3. As my basic goal is to get into Alternate Investment Industry in a salaried position, Should I go for this Program irrespective of the cost, also knowing that I am a novice in this as for now.

Please GUIDE.

disconnect8teen.

Hi.
I am an apparent novice investor. I have been in the speculative options markets for probably a decade and can't seem to make any money. I do admit to taking some extreme risks, holding on to losers too long and cutting winners short.
I just need to figure out how to turn this around before I go completely broke again.
It never seems to fail that I get in at the top and out at the bottom.
Any insight would be appreciated.
I am not really as dumb as it may seem. I am a relatively sucessful entrepreneur and would like to not be part of the 90% or more losers.
Thanks again for the oportunity.

winning at trading anything

Hi.
I am an apparent novice investor. I have been in the speculative options markets for probably a decade and can't seem to make any money. I do admit to taking some extreme risks, holding on to losers too long and cutting winners short.
I just need to figure out how to turn this around before I go completely broke again.
It never seems to fail that I get in at the top and out at the bottom.
Any insight would be appreciated.
I am not really as dumb as it may seem. I am a relatively sucessful entrepreneur and would like to not be part of the 90% or more losers.
Thanks again for the oportunity.

cutting winners short is fine. There is always another one. Example. In emini trading, a lot of traders go for the long ball. It is just as valid and safer to go for two points with multiple contracts (in the case of ER or EUR) and maybe 3 pips on ES. You will end up with the same amount of money..probably more.
You have to examine why you hold on to losers. The process is probably as follows. The trade starts moving in the wrong direction, but your signals say the trade will come around. You start to hope, you start to beg..and then you are stopped out with a huge loss. Let's do this. Let your signals confirm a move north. You let the price backup at least 50% of the last candle. You put a buy stop in at the top of the last candle. If it moves to your buy..you are in. If it backs up again..two pts. OUT! I prefer this to buying over the top of a range end. Also there are trading hints at this web site which might help you. I have found sticking to this method is profitable. You catch good moves and take yourself out early before getting killed.

Nick