Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Just joined a the group. Have familiarity with trading, and am understanding about technical analysis, I trade with small funds. Looking forward to learning more.
Thanks!

Hallo,
I am a veteran trader and psychotherapist who teaches trading psychology. I'm curious as to how many think this is a worthwhile field of study, so I am scanning different Forums for information. As a perpetual student I'm also interested in learning (naturally). My guiding motto is "Markets are never wrong--traders are" (Jessie Livermore)

Last edited:
This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the New to Trading forum, which is targeted specifically at newbies taking their first steps.
Thank you very much for inviting me to this forum. I feel honored to have a chance to discuss interesting topics with like-minded people.

Hi,

I'm interested in Statistics, Combinatorics and Chaos prediction. I want to test my knowledge in trading.
=No joke, I often do astral projections=

Regards

What do you define skill as? I mean, skill, in the context of KIS... compared to knowledge and intuition.
Someone goes thru a lot of books or videos & acquires Knowledge, applies it & gradually develops Intuition & becomes& also feels the best in it. Just then, somebody else comes in & does the exact thing even better. Now , this is how I define the term Skill not just in the context KIS ;)

Hi

I'm new here. Just bumbed into this site through some google searches... I've been trading for a month now, and I'm looking for mentorship on trading generally... I'd like to know more about scalping... Because that's the only language I understand....

Anybody out there to help?

Hi

I'm new here. Just bumbed into this site through some google searches... I've been trading for a month now, and I'm looking for mentorship on trading generally... I'd like to know more about scalping... Because that's the only language I understand....
Not sure exactly what you mean by this...but if you are specifically looking for information on scalping you could start here:

Hi. UK-based, recently got interested in trading after being an "investor" for a while with Interactive Investor. Bit put off by the fees for trading there, so looking for another broker. Trading212 looks great as a way to pay my dues on a small initial account. Also looks too good to be true - what am I missing? I am from a IT and analytics background and must admit, I have immediately been pulled towards the automated trading side of things. I read a book on fundamental analysis was bored. Read an old one on technicals (by Stan Weinman) and thought, now you're talking! But why not automate this? So yeah, I've caught up with what people have been doing on that front - mainly via the superb Chat With Traders and Michael Covel podcasts. And this site is great also, hence the introduction. Expect some dumb questions.

Bit put off by the fees for trading there, so looking for another broker. Trading212 looks great as a way to pay my dues on a small initial account. Also looks too good to be true - what am I missing?
Hi and welcome to T2W
:)

You're not missing anything, T212 does what it says on the tin.
(y)

Although the range of things you can trade is rather less than the more expensive brokers you've previously dealt with.

Hi and welcome to T2W

You're not missing anything, T212 does what it says on the tin.
(y)

Although the range of things you can trade is rather less than the more expensive brokers you've previously dealt with.
Hi Master that is promising to hear. I read some things about some stock market orders not going through for hours, and the service suddenly going offline when the market tanks. Could be grumblings of malcontents who blew their accounts but who knows.

Well, to answer, here's what I know.
I read some things about some stock market orders not going through for hours
That's certainly possible with some stocks- there are many that can only be traded once per day. And with any stock-trade, there has to be a buyer and a seller, so if you you want to say, unload 100x of ACME stock, this will only go ahead once there are 100x worth of buyers willing to pick them up at the price being offered- and that can take from milliseconds to hours. Add to that, that online trading brokers are generally several steps away from the market (meaning they don't have direct access, just access through other brokers, each closer to the market than the previous one) and you get a situation where some trades can take many minutes, although most usually go through near instantly.

and the service suddenly going offline
All I can tell you on that score, is that in the experience of people I'm aware use the site often, they have been somewhat more reliable in terms of uptime and data streaming performance than most others. But that only relates to their web portal. I've no doubt that persons perhaps using their app on a phone will be blaming any issues with their phones ability to process a very demanding power hungry app or their networks bad data streaming performance and drop-outs, on the platform instead of on their not-flagship-model phone and el-cheapo data package while they only have 1 bar of signal and 10% battery.

Personally, I'd stick to using a PC over broadband fibre internet, but that's just me :)

If you'd like to discuss the platform further, we can take that to it's own thread as a topic.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

im new here, and I've been paper trading for few months now then I switch to actual account, I feel like im stuck. looking for a mentor who could give me some guidance .

Is there anybody to help?

Hi Everyone,

im new here, and I've been paper trading for few months now then I switch to actual account, I feel like im stuck. looking for a mentor who could give me some guidance .

Is there anybody to help?
Welcome. :)

You've come to the right place.

There are lots of experienced traders here to help you and much collected wisdom is posted across the forums.

Whilst there is no quick easy way on the path to success, with some effort and learning from the guides posting here you can soon join the ranks of successful traders.

Anything you don't understand, just ask, someone is sure to be able to help.

Hi, I am new to trading, I started it because I wanted some changes in my life, and i hope here i will find answers to my questions and useful in information

Hi my name is Mary and I have been trading for 8 years. When COVID hit I started trading all day. I am an Options Trader and I do some scalping. I did Forex my first year as a trader but I had no clue what I was doing, I would say I was gambling and not trading. I do want to learn how to trade Forex. I am into Cryptos, Equities and ETF's.

Hi all,
51 years old and just discovered that I really like this subject....... And very, very steep learning curves to I think.
I put my toe in the pond a few weeks back and bought myself a few shares through HL.

It's really a new hobby for me and the reward comes from increasing my knowlage in the subject.
Over the last couple of months I learned how to say some of the words and what they mean in this field, but not to much more than that though.
I guess I'm trying to be really honest here about myself as a very keen but very green newbie.

I wanted to find a forum where hopefully I can do some learning from the more experienced and gain some knowlage in this great subject. I did a bit of Googleing and found you guys.

Great to be here and looking forward to joining in.
All the very best,
O.T.

Well I'm not really new here (registered months ago but forgot all about the site until I got an e-mail today!), neither am I new to trading.

I first found this site through a link someone posted on http://www.moneyextra.com - which is now far less busy that it was then.

I get most of my info through news sites and bulletin boards (and have some involvement with a couple of them).

The best for gauging small investor sentiment (which I've found very useful for following the "successful" ramps and de-ramps) seems to be still http://www.advfn.com , but I've also found some very useful stuff on http://www.thesharetrader.co.uk (a pity the BB there isn't more active) and a chance to unwind on http://www.theangryinvestor.com

Looking round here, the emphasis seems to be on TA - maybe at the expense of getting a proper feel for investor sentiment?

For news sites I rely very much on http://www.simply-info.co.uk and http://www.simply-info.com which categorise the news headlines from all over the place and provide links to the full stories - essential, I've found, to keep up with industry announcements and rumours long before they become official company announcements.

Anyway, enough waffle from me. I need to have a good look round this site - it's been redesigned, I think, since I was last here.
Awesome post! I am about to introduce myself to this forum.