Sticky Introduce Yourself

It depends on what your trading analysis method is that you are applying this to....

If it is just general... then normal assumption is the time frame you are watching

I am looking at scalping. Just so I am clear, if I am in a 60 minute time frame does 3 consecutive closes mean that the last three readings (last 3 hours) closed higher (or lower)?

I am looking at scalping. Just so I am clear, if I am in a 60 minute time frame does 3 consecutive closes mean that the last three readings (last 3 hours) closed higher (or lower)?

Each bar (in your timeframe) compares to where you start from
So if 2nd bar closes higher than 1st bar close then that is higher then 3rd bar closes higher than 1st bar so now you have 2 bars close higher from start but it could be 3rd bar closes lower than 2nd bar

So really there are 4 bars, the opening bar of the session followed by 3 bars higher, but not necessarily in this order - high, higher, higher, it could be high, higher, higher (than first bar but lower than second bar)?

I'm sorry about this, I just want to make sure I am correct.

So really there are 4 bars, the opening bar of the session followed by 3 bars higher, but not necessarily in this order - high, higher, higher, it could be high, higher, higher (than first bar but lower than second bar)?

I'm sorry about this, I just want to make sure I am correct.

No the bars are unlimited and set by you............markets have no beginning middle or end as such, it's only us traders who create this to try and make some sense of it depending on the trading plan we make for it

This is so confusing. I'm sorry if I am driving you crazy and I completely undertand if you are too busy to reply to this: -

Are you saying that if you have 3 consecutive high/lows (regardless of order) at anytime this is the 3 consecutive high/lows John F Carter refers to in his book "Mastering the Trade" under the chapter Scalper Buys (if you've read it)?

This is so confusing. I'm sorry if I am driving you crazy and I completely undertand if you are too busy to reply to this: -

Are you saying that if you have 3 consecutive high/lows (regardless of order) at anytime this is the 3 consecutive high/lows John F Carter refers to in his book "Mastering the Trade" under the chapter Scalper Buys (if you've read it)?

It's ok...
Everyone has their own interpretation ... so it's best to understand his version..
that he is using to scalp trade

I don't know this method..........so would confuse you with my way of looking at looking at bars

New to the board...Work at Thomson Reuters so use our software; interested in hearing about trading ideas and what equity correlations have been working and not working.

Best Regards,

Nigel

New to the board...Work at Thomson Reuters so use our software; interested in hearing about trading ideas and what equity correlations have been working and not working.

Best Regards,

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I don't use correlations but supply and demand as plotted by chart readings

regds

Rohin

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been investing for a number of years, although haven't had the spare cash to do much over the past 3 years. I have recently found my way into CFDs using IG Index, mostly trading GBP/USD, Brent crude and the FTSE100. I get sme right and some wrong. Concentrating on improving my successes and reducing my losses at the moment, but still making a reasonable return. I have not taken any courses, etc but rather feel it is better to learn as you go. I just fail to see what a course can teach you. if it could be taught, then everyone would be doing it.

I am interested in talking to anyone trading the above markets or who can give me any good advice.

Jim

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been investing for a number of years, although haven't had the spare cash to do much over the past 3 years. I have recently found my way into CFDs using IG Index, mostly trading GBP/USD, Brent crude and the FTSE100. I get sme right and some wrong. Concentrating on improving my successes and reducing my losses at the moment, but still making a reasonable return. I have not taken any courses, etc but rather feel it is better to learn as you go. I just fail to see what a course can teach you. if it could be taught, then everyone would be doing it.

I am interested in talking to anyone trading the above markets or who can give me any good advice.

Jim

Hi Jim
I'm self taught trader and agree, I don't think trading can be "taught".
But you do need to understand the abc of taking part.
I have used IG Index City Index and many others as well.

Regards advice - you need to establish a trading/business plan.
This will be based on a belief system about how markets work, which you will establish as you "learn" peeling back the onion skin layers as you develop.

Rohin

Hello trade2win! My name is Luke McLachlan, finally itching that itch and getting myself involved in this crazy world! 7 years of being a company director were so boring. Be prepared for some silly questions. Currently reading High Probability Trading and my learning curve is exponential :arrowu:

Hello trade2win! My name is Luke McLachlan, finally itching that itch and getting myself involved in this crazy world! 7 years of being a company director were so boring. Be prepared for some silly questions. Currently reading High Probability Trading and my learning curve is exponential :arrowu:

Great move, wish you all the best ....

Rohin

Re: Newbie341

Hi everyone,
I have not really traded before, just bought and held Aus. blue chip and a few other punts. I am looking at iTrade Index Solutions with Betonmarket which looks "too good to be true" and found this site which looks like a great group to help avoid the scammers!

its good to be here among fellow new traders

Re: Newbie341

Hi there,

I have not dipped into Binary trading as yet...good to note you are impressed with iTrade, did see some negative reviews on them