Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
F, a question.

I had EU long scalp buy at 1008, 8.06 am. Tick printed a 123 reversal prior (T21 cTrader). Price went my way briefly, but as you will see there, price retraced back on itself multiple times before rallying north. So I bailed for small lose.

I don't have LR's as you do, so perhaps you would see the setup differently. May not have even touched it?

Obviously we all have to handle our own trades as we sit fit, but out of interest, would you have stuck with it?

Chart to follow...

Will post a EU chart and how I saw it from this morning next

Appreciate about how do you stick with it - and will explain next

EU - Pre Opens and up to 9 15 am

EU

1 Min LR chart

My LitS area is around 0990 - 1000

Above and below

Bias and TL's and longer LRS under say Bullish

Then its down to R levels - can they be breached - so far 1020 - 30 -50 all been broken

193814d1436343515-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-80715-am.png

Attachments

• EU - 80715 am.png
    EU - 80715 am.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,016
Will post a EU chart and how I saw it from this morning next

Appreciate about how do you stick with it - and will explain next

Because I mainly scalp - I use tight stops

However once in a trade - I manage it by pyramidding and peeling - so if we pull back say 9 pips - then as long as trade still profitable - i stay with it

Most important part for me - is always entry - not exit like 90% of traders as I put profit above any loss - and the exits for me are secondary - I prefer to exit with say 50 pips than 10 pips - but both preferred to minus 1 or minus 7 pips

9 20 / 21 am was another pyramid or scalp buy on EU from 1026

Need above 1040 to stay with scalp buys and only sell under 1022 / 20 for now

EU

update for 9 30 am

range for now approx 1022 to 1040 - need above or below for next directions

High as gone over 30 mins with no breach - so will 1022 and 20 supports let go next

However once in a trade - I manage it by pyramidding and peeling - so if we pull back say 9 pips - then as long as trade still profitable - i stay with it

Most important part for me - is always entry - not exit like 90% of traders as I put profit above any loss - and the exits for me are secondary - I prefer to exit with say 50 pips than 10 pips - but both preferred to minus 1 or minus 7 pips

Thanks for that F.

I'll read that as, caution is the better part valor, and you may well have bailed too.

Perhaps 8.31 EU long was better, for quick brains and fingers ;)

EJ

9 35 am

Its dropped approx 50+ pips from 9 00 am - whilst EU as pulled back approx 35 ish

EJ is in a bearish PS under 134 25 for now

Got to pop out twice on odd domestic jobs before 11 00 am this morning - so pacing myself more for after Lunch session - then 2 30 - 4 30 pm and for after 7 00 pm with FOMC news

Will try and update more in next hour

I have though earlier on the AU / UJ and UCad have been easier pairs to trade today then EU before 8 30 am - and I was not there at that time to catch scalp buys on EU - but had left 30% stakes on EU from 1003 - as I just saw EU bullish first thing

EU

1 Min LR chart

My LitS area is around 0990 - 1000

Above and below

Bias and TL's and longer LRS under say Bullish

Then its down to R levels - can they be breached - so far 1020 - 30 -50 all been broken

193814d1436343515-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-80715-am.png

Thanks for the chart.

So the setup was viable in your eyes according to your arrows. Just price would have rattled us both out, be it for a few pips/BE, or small lose.

G

Thanks for the chart.

So the setup was viable in your eyes according to your arrows. Just price would have rattled us both out, be it for a few pips/BE, or small lose.

G

My LitS area I posted at 6 20 am this morning was my guide to buying

I placed it above 0990 - 1000 as buys and was therefore happy to leave a 30% stake buy on from 1003 - and if I got stopped out for 5 pips - no problem - but was fairly confident we would stay above there

Back a bit later now##

F

My LitS area I posted at 6 20 am this morning was my guide to buying

I placed it above 0990 - 1000 as buys and was therefore happy to leave a 30% stake buy on from 1003 - and if I got stopped out for 5 pips - no problem - but was fairly confident we would stay above there

Back a bit later now##

F

I was refering to the setup marked by the second black arrow on your chart, at 8.06 am. You must be refering to the 1st setup on your chart.

Surely that was BE at best? The 2nd setup I mean.

Just so I am clear though, your 1st trade at 7.21, long EU 1003, contradicts the above statement. And that in this case, caution was not the better part of valor?

Price did retrace post entry, back to 1.10016. Obviously you will allow price to go against you sometimes, albeit perhaps by a pip or two.

Just in case you think I'm trying to catch you out, that is not the case at all. If the answer is, it's subjective, no problem, I can deal with that. But it's better if you're clear imo.

EU - Chart update after 10 20 am

Before

Now after 10 20 am

1060 area is a R for now

193818d1436347560-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-80715-am-2.png

Attachments

• EU - 80715 am 2.png
    EU - 80715 am 2.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 449
Status
Not open for further replies.