Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had noticed the early EU news at 7 00 am as been a reason for the busy early period

We do have quite a bit of non red news next few hours on the EU and GU but no more red news until lunchtime

Good to see the German economy has narrowly missed the definition of a economy recession

Thats positive for the Eurozone - at least

7 30 am

EJ

looks as though like the GU could be having a rest on its trip north

Been a scalp buy for 2 and half hrs - but missed most of the 40+ pip rise

144 75 -80 looks a R area

Yen is weak - but no more scalp buys just for now

Would be nice if we could take some from 55 /60 if we dont breach 82 now

Noticed the EJ as had a month of rises - with a total of over 1100 pips - if you had left a buy on from lows on October 15 th.

I am sure I did have buys on in that period - but never left one on longer enough - shame - thats my weakness

EU

7 42 am

I think we need to see the EU stay above 36 /37 area now on pullbacks - if we are going to try and break through the 2450 barrier

Hi Tera

Very good question

As long as I can get stops in profits from a scalp - then yes I would always look at the longer term trading - ie using a daily chart like a tick or one min chart.

Trouble is - I have no problem placing stakes of say 6 to 10 lots with stops under 5 or 7 pips and seeing positive results in say 5 -30 mins

But I could not just place the same size orders with say 70 -100 pip stops needed really to work with a daily / weekly long term chart.

Even if I mak say 500 pips off a daily chart in a week or more - with a stop of 70 -100 pips - still only a RR of say 6 -8 - which is good and OK - but at the moment - I can get the same results some days in 2 or 4 hrs - rather than having the wait and anxiety etc of waiting say 5 -10 trading days

Longer term trading is OK if you only want to spend a few hrs a week or day - but for me - its never been so successful - I rarely maintain 60% win ratio trying to speculate longer term - I am not a good fortune teller - even with large stops.

If I only wanted to say trade less than 10 hrs a week - I would combine 2 part time days with scalps and then add the longer term trades - only if I am already working with a stop in profit - then I could relax and even place larger size stakes on again

Hope this explains how I look at it

Regards

F
To be fair you don't need that wide a stop. I have read your story somewhere about your time trying to trade the higher time frame. Perhaps with your experience now you could revisit it. I am not full time yet but have a good 7 years under my belt and doing okay on 20 to 25 pip stops on the daily.

Also in regards to waiting days, this doesn't need to be the case. I have a strategy that trades off the daily almost daily with targets hit daily most of the time

7 48 am

Noticing the EJ and GU have had their rests without needing more than just a few pips pullbacks so far

This would show a lot more strength for now - but will only be confirmed if GU make over 5684 and 90 and EJ above 83 and 90 as well

first trade, risked 6, made 8 (10=1%)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 77
To be fair you don't need that wide a stop. I have read your story somewhere about your time trying to trade the higher time frame. Perhaps with your experience now you could revisit it. I am not full time yet but have a good 7 years under my belt and doing okay on 20 to 25 pip stops on the daily.

Thats encouraging to here if you are able to get away with 20 -25 pip stops

I probably need to look at it more because if you can work off say under 25 pip stops for say 150 -350 moves - then need to work more looking for these opportunities

I have had the occasional big moves of over 300 and even a 1000 pips of a 5 pip scalp - but maybe its only worked on say maybe less than 10% of all I have tried

I do agree if you can make it work - trading would be easier and less time consuming etc - and still be very profitable

I really need to look at it more - and if you are presently achieving it - well done - please share the odd trade forecast - and I will join in with how I read it on the intraday basis etc etc

All the best and Good Trading to you

Regards

F

hey gang ..........

usd has been a strong bull over last 10-12 hours or so.........it hit the weeks high around 5-6am and is retracing south.............not sure as yet how long we will get the sells

good hunting today all
N

Last edited:
hey gang ..........

usd has been a strong bull over last 10-12 hours or so.........it hit the weeks high around 5am and is retracing south.............not sure as yet how long we will get the sells

good hunting today all
N

N

Good morning

Fz

first trade, risked 6, made 8 (10=1%)

Well Done - positive

Now if you can find just say 2 or even 5 like this a day - you will be doing well

Some days - to get 10+ pip moves is easy - might be 50 over the session available - other days - loads of say 3-7 pip moves - but not many over 10 or 15 pips in one clear move

Keep it up

8 04 am

Both EJ and GU have been teasing - caught me out - I took another scalp buy on them - and had to pull as I could see they had just teased to new morning highs to catch out more bulls

Missed then the scalp sells - but do think we can scalp buy again lower

50% retrace already on that attempted usd sell phase..........let it settle and find its way ............................personally I feel we will see more usd sells now for a while ...........................

but predictions are for football pundits and fortune tellers !

stick with the facts !

N

eu buys at 2450 is worth a punt..............Euro is a strong buy and the usd may have turned south again now

Status
Not open for further replies.