Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok - no complaints there Lance is a staggeringly good (and humble) Trader and I used to exchange a lot of correspondance with him on the strengthmetrer strategies I follow ............I am a big fan of him (y)

to say you advanced his strategies is again an amazingly bold and Egoistic statement ..........time will tell on this thread :cool:

N

Yes i dont think Lance nor Al use time windows enough and don't forget anything they did a few years ago can always be improved - and similar my stuff in another 3 - 5 years might be old hat again

That market is just so dynamic - although as long as it moves more than 10 pips every hour - we can have some of it every day ;-))

Regards

F

Although my own style is unique as far as I know - I am a fan of Lance Beggs and Al Brooks - but have advanced their ways even further using time intervals based on many liquidity suppliers bot settings - i even can work out when the main liquidity supplier change - and what sessions they might be involved in - although the Asian session i do not bother with .

Oh Forexmospherian, you crazy old coot you. This car crash of a thread does get more interesting when others pile in I'll admit.

"Time intervals based on many liquidity suppliers bot settings - i even can work out when the main liquidity supplier change" - this is pitifully incorrect bullsh1t. What ARE you talking about. This isn't fxstreet where you can chat shat to people who know as little about market basics as you do. I already tried to tell you how OTC markets work... why don't you google it... "the main liquidity supplier change". Beyond hilarious that you believe both in this statement, zero spreads and ECNs.... goddamn unsophisticated Walt.

I enjoyed reading about your historical 'style' on the clownfest that is fxstreet (that's sarcasm because it was literally the same nonsense you post here over and over again, don't you bore yourself?)... LR2-4 breaching bollinger bands around period 10, sub 2 standard deviation is about as unique as a d1ckhead in Shoreditch (you were incorporating this in 2011).

Why doesn't your webinar appear on FXstreet's archive....?

Ok, F, I get the message. You're just taking the **** and I can't be bothered, I hope the rest have fun with you.

Split... I much admire this ability to walk away from a massive (and mental) time sink.

"Just when I thought I was out... the village jester pulls me back in."

Hi Random

OK - you have not noticed the time setting changes on the influx and exit of monies - from in 9 min windows to then a 14 -16 min setting - fine - god know's the reason who ever the LP's are at the time

Regarding commenting on BB 's at standard settings - that;s not me - I use no standard settings on any indicators - and I would agree most are no good any way ;-)

Regards

F

Last edited:
i'll stick around for a while as I must confess I missed out on this thread recently .......

however like the rest of the old crew I see who have popped in....excuse me if I need to journey back to the real world of trading from time to time

N

Last edited:
Hi Random

OK - you have not noticed the time setting changes on the influx and exit of monies - from in 9 min windows to then a 14 -16 min setting - fine - god know's the reason who ever the LP's are at the time

Regarding commenting on BB 's at standard settings - that;s not me - I use no standard settings on any indicators - and I would agree most are no good any way ;-)

Regards

F

I haven't noticed because they don't exist - LP feeds are ALWAYS aggregated else your spreads would be >5 pts, even Deutsche Bank could not feed your basic ECN without numerous counterparties. You don't know about the 'influx' of monies in the FX market. You think the FX market is trader efficient rather than agency dominated, as if it were an exchange product. You apply populist index trading logic to FX moves and get it wrong each time. You think 60 pip moves are stop seeking. You're mostly clueless yet a self proclaimed 'expert'. Please can you do me a favour and set up this thread on Elite too? As much as Elite is a silly place, you would cop far more abuse there about your factually devoid statements there and I feel you deserve it in order to bring you back down to planet earth.

Zzz you use intellicharts LR like it's some magical indicator others don't understand, dontcha?

Hi Random

Regards

F

Why doesn't your webinar appear on FXstreet's archive?

HI Shakone

Sorry I could not answer all your points last night - but I have some time now so -

Point 1 - Facts - ie my past - I suppose I could get my records out and do a screenshot of when I was with FXCM in 2002. I had seen an advert in the Sunday Times from a company called Next 24hrs - promising to double you $2500 in three months - with them doing the work etc. Being a total forex novice - I sent my $2500 deposit to NY and this is the unbelievable bit - 3 months later it was not doubled ;-) - no nor trebled - but I still was able to exit with approx $3700 - so first experience was a nice one and that got me to take a course out with a Canadian company called I think FX Solutions ? - that was really $1750 down the drain but nothing compared to the next 18 months of losing small deposits and believing all the rubbish from marketeers. My first UK broker was CMC - that was another laugh - did I get stung ;-))

If you prefer not to believe I started forex trading 11 years ago and that I have been full time approx 6 years ago probably some of the points and tips I will gladly give out might then change your mind.
More 'history' about your trading that nobody requested. :sleep:

Point 3 - yes agree - you cannot guarantee it 240+ days a year - as there can always be a "black swan " event for what ever reason . So far never had more than 7 bad trades in one day - and up to 5 bad trades a day - i can still get back in the black and profitable within 8 -10 hrs.
More 'history' about your trading that nobody requested. :sleep:

Point 4 - 13000 live trades. Remember it grows between 50 and 90 extra trades - every week
Yes, that explains how it jumped from 7,000 to 13,000 in less than a month.

Even though I might be an expert at scalping ( ie within the top 10% of retail scalpers )- I still cannot get over 90% win ratio on batches of 100 trades. Bad periods - down to low 62% win ratio - extremely good week or two - 85% if I am really lucky -and I might be cutting part stake on any trade with a RR over 1 to keep my ratios high.
Oh, I hadn't heard that you were an expert before. Thanks for telling me, because I thought I was talking to a complete numpty.

So - I actually take offence on the silly "coin tossing analogue" - especially coming from an experienced trader - and please - any one reading this - just work out how many approximate live trades you have taken ? should be interesting ;-))
More than 13,000.

I'll bore you with some irrelevant trading history, but only because you asked. Some years ago, MB Trading decided to offer pay for limits. So rather than pay commission to trade you'd get paid $1.95 (I think) per 100k. So I decided as an experiment to do a form of market making separate from my normal trading. I knew it wasn't real market making of course, because I wasn't in the real market, but I just wanted to gain some insight into that. So I would place the minimum order of 1,000 or about 6p per pip (so nothing really) at every few pips at first. Then at every pip as the experiment went on. Then at every half a pip. Surprisingly (for me) it wasn't as bad as one might think in terms of results. It was mostly about the exits you see. So if say EURUSD moved 100 pips+, which was quite common, and I had an order in at every half a pip, I'd end up making 200+ trades in a day on a single instrument. So, 13,000 does not seem a lot to me. I did learn something useful from that experiment but that's for another time.

My point though was that 13,000 trades on their own mean very little. Lets try another angle to see if you get the point. You have made nearly 2,000 posts here. You said that you posted a lot on another forum. Why is it that after these thousands of posts, you still can't write a good one? Either in terms of grammar, spelling and structure, or in terms of content. I'm not fussy, one of the two will do :D. Why is it that people writing all their lives can't spell? Everyone makes occasional typos and mistakes, myself inclooded ;), but I'm talking about consistent errors. Shouldn't all your thousands of posts have perfected the art of posting? Then again, I've seen vendors who are much worse.

Next point - re 20k hits and me and MM ( who I must clarify again - is not me) are not doing 700 comments a week - more likely 250 to 300 per week - so in a month say 1000 to max 1500 comments - where are all the others coming from - yes "invisible " members and hundreds of guests?.
I mentioned that you AND Major Magnum post 700-800 posts a week. I should have been clearer and stated that you and Major Magnum combined post 700-800 posts a week. Which you do, because I can see it. At one point you had 500+ posts in a week just on your own.

Anyway - I have respect for you Shakone and your mates as you and the others have been here a long time. However I want you to be totally open and honest with me and if I do end up giving you any additional tips and clues to help you get more from your trading - ie more money, better results etc etc - please throw it back straight in my face ;-)
I respect most people, as long as you're not an animal like a few people in the UK news recently. So I don't get annoyed with you, just giving a bit of banter back.

Man U supporter - so looking forward to the game later on - but will be back on later tonight
Ok, now I've lost respect for you :p

Last edited:
Why doesn't your webinar appear on FXstreet's archive?

When ever anyone leaves FX street - for what ever reason - ie even if they choose to do it themselves - you inform the admin and they then take down your profile and all posts - as really they are yours - not FX streets.

There could be traders who have been there say over 5 years and have made no posts in last 2 years - and their profiles and posts might still be there - but it's good in a sense as it stops a site ending up with three million members and only 50 live and active

So unlike you Random - who must have been a big fan of mine at the street ;-)- the vast majority of retail traders and members here will have not heard of me and my views.

I still have a very good relationship with the owner Francesc and would therefore never knock the site and i wish it continual success etc. Although I never went over to meet him in Barcelona - I am sure I will meet up again with him in London sometime in the future on one of his frequent visits

Regards

F

When ever anyone leaves FX street - for what ever reason - ie even if they choose to do it themselves - you inform the admin and they then take down your profile and all posts - as really they are yours - not FX streets.
F,
Just so you are aware, this is not our policy here at T2W.
Tim.

Hi Shakone

I will need about 2 hour to answer your points in your last request.

I remember Chooseyourusername or pboyles did a crafty one on me - when I did not includes his comments in my reply - as he asked me to apologise to pboyles for not being very nice to him

Of course I did and responded saying no problem I apologise - and then after I posted it - he removed his comment - and I look a complete twit saying something totally out of context ;-)

I expect that type of thing of commercial smart a**e traders etc and although its a good "crack" - it very similar to the Jeremy Paxman / Politician type of trader - ie the type who loves to misquote and take things out of context and then major on them to try and get their bias point over ;-)

Its clever stuff and it shows the person has a "brain" and can think out the box - and therefore can really "slant" a view - by misleading and setting false sentiment - similar to the market players in Forex

I think you and Random are very good at doing this - along with any digs on typing and anything to try and belittle the "mark" or their target.

But in the end - outright sarcasm and mentioning the size of the other persons c...ranium can always be used in an exchange as a good defense mechanism.

Lets get back to the facts or info that is suppose to be true - ie an average retail trader takes less than 20 trades per month - ie 200 -250 a year.

So an experienced profitable retail trader might need 50 -60 years to do the amount me and you have taken .

Even the scalpers doing 50 -100 scalps a day will not carry on taking them once that have money losses on their first 500 or 1000 trade - why would they ? so they might never reach over 10k live trades - never mind 13k live trades - ie not on demo accounts.

Now you Shakone have set yourself up again - saying you have done over 13000 live trades.

You must be a short term trader and must have therefore been trading for over 5 years ?

Why on earth would you want to wind me up - when I am a trader who might be able to even improve your existing trading methodology and help you - completely free of charge and in the open on the forum

PS - I typed that at least 50 words per minute - OK no speed typist - but similar no 1 finger job like most who do the occasional reply and blogs - and you know what - I am not even going to proof read it twice - why should I if i have my "wheres" and "were" etc mixed up - you can still read it - and after all this is not going in a book or on a literary review site ;-)

PS - must remind you and other - have got the Hons Degree in Economics and accountancy titles - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ;-))

Up the Reds ;-0

F,
Just so you are aware, this is not our policy here at T2W.
Tim.

Hi Tim

That's no problem - some of my tips might be here for decades then ;-) - great news - but surely that does not give you sole copyright on them if I eventually want to use them in my autobiography in 7 years time ?

Regards

F

There could be traders who have been there say over 5 years and have made no posts in last 2 years - and their profiles and posts might still be there - but it's good in a sense as it stops a site ending up with three million members and only 50 live and active

So unlike you Random - who must have been a big fan of mine at the street ;-)- the vast majority of retail traders and members here will have not heard of me and my views.

I still have a very good relationship with the owner Francesc and would therefore never knock the site and i wish it continual success etc. Although I never went over to meet him in Barcelona - I am sure I will meet up again with him in London sometime in the future on one of his frequent visits

Regards

F

I understand that, I have no interest in fxstreet, but I know how to read archived internet content obviously. You said it was on Independence day of this year and said webinar does not appear on the Wayback Machine listing despite this being a snapshot of the very next day (5th July) - so did you leave on the morning of the 5 July...?:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130705120045/http://www.fxstreet.com/webinars/archives/

I understand that, I have no interest in fxstreet, but I know how to read archived internet content obviously. You said it was on Independence day of this year and said webinar does not appear on the Wayback Machine listing despite this being a snapshot of the very next day (5th July) - so did you leave on the morning of the 5 July...?:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130705120045/http://www.fxstreet.com/webinars/archives/

No I left on August 13th ( yes that lucky number) 2013

My thread was 100% on the 4th of July 2013 and I made either 406 or 409 pips on 24 trades with 3 mistakes

Francesc congratulated me on it - Ihad over 10 + likes and just a few grumbles as normal ;-)

Interesting if you cannot find it - will see if I can find it under Peter jc

Regards

F

I remember Chooseyourusername or pboyles did a crafty one on me - when I did not includes his comments in my reply - as he asked me to apologise to pboyles for not being very nice to him

Do you also remember when you threatened him with action by a corrupt unsanctioned police unit that you had 'friends' in? I wonder if that's against the community guidelines of T2W...?!

PS - must remind you and other - have got the Hons Degree in Economics and accountancy titles - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ;-))

You realise going to university is more than slightly common now right...? It really is a meaningless statement and accountancy isn't a privileged profession, there are many drongos (google it) within said industry. Which accountancy title is that anyway? AAT? :)

Lets get back to the facts or info that is suppose to be true - ie an average retail trader takes less than 20 trades per month - ie 200 -250 a year.

Why do you like to invent numbers and talk about an average retail trader? I don't know how many trades an average retail trader takes, and I don't care. Unless we see some stats, it seems pretty pointless to even discuss it.

So an experienced profitable retail trader might need 50 -60 years to do the amount me and you have taken .
He or she doesn't need to take the same amount of trades as you or I. Everyone is different, with different goals. I bet there are people who get this much sooner than I did. And I bet there are people that will never get it, no matter how many trades they take.

Why on earth would you want to wind me up - when I am a trader who might be able to even improve your existing trading methodology and help you - completely free of charge and in the open on the forum
Because I know that you are a Walter Mitty type, and I also know that you're on a wind-up here, so may as well make it fun (for me).

Up the Reds ;-0

More irrelevant history that wasn't requested.

I think the double act by Shakone and Random is wearing a bit thin now ;-)

One just wants to rubbish any forex stats and any comments on my history and the other one wants to know all about me. ;-)

Is this the bad cop and wind up cop routine ?

The trouble is its on my blog and anyone new coming to look at it will see these pair playing the "game" and trying to get me wound up and expect me to lose it.

But i am a professional full time experienced retail trader - I have no emotion or feelings surely they know that ? I need that quality for my trading ;-)

The problem is - I just don't bite and love good banter when they do it correctly - but they still have a lot to learn and so I don't really want to spend time teaching much on that side - I only want to discuss Forex trading really so will let them stew - and stew ........ and stew - yawn ;-(

If they have got the metal - they will do some trading calls tomorrow or anytime this week - that's were they will always be welcome on this thread - otherwise its back to having fun with Pondslifedregsbutler, NVP , Be-P and Cablemonster - i like all of your posts - even the ones taking the p ;-)) lol

Have fun guys and a good December trading month to you all

Regards

F

Last edited:
I haven't noticed because they don't exist - LP feeds are ALWAYS aggregated else your spreads would be >5 pts, even Deutsche Bank could not feed your basic ECN without numerous counterparties. You don't know about the 'influx' of monies in the FX market. You think the FX market is trader efficient rather than agency dominated, as if it were an exchange product. You apply populist index trading logic to FX moves and get it wrong each time. You think 60 pip moves are stop seeking. You're mostly clueless yet a self proclaimed 'expert'. Please can you do me a favour and set up this thread on Elite too? As much as Elite is a silly place, you would cop far more abuse there about your factually devoid statements there and I feel you deserve it in order to bring you back down to planet earth.

Zzz you use intellicharts LR like it's some magical indicator others don't understand, dontcha?

Sorry - I missed this one from you earlier on today.

You left the industry before HFT guys got really stuck in and therefore you are saying that basically articles on Zero Hedge about this are just a load of rubbish ?

See I have never actually worked in your old corrupt industry and therefore no expert in that part - at all. However in my world - ie retail forex trading - its a different ball game as we just have to work a way to follow all the manipulation going on from all your old world

Cannot be bothered to find the articles - that's your job - you just use different terminology to me - but I will leave you with one quote I like -

Every move - is a stop hunt on someone ;-)

Have a good December trading - I wish you well with your algo's

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.