Index King In Da' House !

rewriting that 'formula' produces

dow close plus last 6 day gain in FTSE.

?
not that I'm a sceptic or anything, but really ?

Yes that is the system, but like I say it breaks down between Nov 02 and Jul 03, just can't see how IK has made so many points during that period.

If I was IK why would I post that I don't agree with the stats on his page!

Anyway, it seems IK has been frightened away - sorry, " is leaving for a new job" - if you visit his website. A sad day :( for him :D

Paul

The credit card sign up has been replaced by a voluntary donation to charity. That's more like it :)

I see the subscription stuff has been taken down, and he is now asking for donations to charity. Unfortunate for him that it had to end this way, but at least the method seems to be out now. I am currently compiling a spreadsheet to see how it works (but still don't know WHY it works??).

Good luck Hugo, no one wanted to see you slated like this, but it was your own greed that did it!!

heres my final nail in this lame ass coffin!!

so now Hugo is going, did he know he was going when he was defending the website yesterday or did the job offer come through today?

Any of you pro-IK people now think he was for real?

He seemed a likeable bloke, and he developed a system that for me worked in the short time i tried it.

Should he wish to come back and help out on these boards, i would welcome him back and i would not bring up this subject ever again..

Well not much anyway ;)

PS. will this thread be kept going now he as gone or will it fall to bits just like the bog rolls he used to count :cheesy:

thx

Gecko
start from the premise it doesnt ?

its another illusion.
its a gamble that the Dow continues to zig zag its way and
does not suddenly move into trending mode.

The plus/minus Ftse is only a way of producing a stop/profit without relating it to the Dow.

So all he has to do is feel the dow has bottomed during the day
and then put up a tip after the close.

Or if its topped.

Seems to me.......

Any thoughts.

Don't feel too sorry for IK.

Some of you sheep out there came very close to being sheared (sha**ted). You don't know how close!

Things will return to normal on this board. At least until the next chancer comes along!

dbt

With you there Bonsai. I never could "believe" it and still don't.
Overlay your chart and draw the parameters. It'll work 'til it doesn't! Then it'll kill you.

it's far easier to pull up a chart of FTSE/DOW differential and use conventional methods i.e support/resistance,head and shoulders,retracements etc....
If you use and believe in these patterns they'd work for this chart as well as any other.

cheers

Well I tend agree with 2468steve. If you chart the DOW-FTSE difference and treat it like any other instrument you will find quite a few conventional strategies that work on it. I've tried SD bands and CCI and they both give similar signals to IK. Maybe a bit easier to comprehend than citroen999's method as well.

Paul

Well, I did post along these lines when IK first appeared but nobody seemed bothered to look. Must have been the lure of free ££$£$£$£ :cheesy:

bigboy,

Today's number should be the Dow close for 7th November - FTSE close for 7th November + Today's FTSE close.

or just add 5,433 to today's FTSE close. This might be out by 1 point :)

Thanks for the info to all who have worked to crack the code.

Currently on the DOW/CAC trade-can anybody clarify exit/reverse level for this please-sorry if I sound dumb but still got my trading L plates on!!

Cheers

for god's sake before careful you guys.

the dow/ftse difference is just getting bigger and bigger.
Dow is arithmetical and Ftse is market cap.

just as long as you know.

If you've got your L plates on, you should read the warnings.
A lot of traders here consider this strategy to be extremely risky.
These "systems" often work for a while but you'd better be ready for the day they don't.

Having had a quick look at IK's site, if he was planning to move to a new job and didn't have the time to update his website for whatever reason then it would have been acceptable for him to pay someone else to do it on his behalf. And if that person required financial remuneration for the time he spent, then that too is OK.

But none of those reasons were given by IK to explain his charging which, you have to admit, never actually got to the stage where he took a single penny (or dollar!) for his efforts.

I hope this sorry saga goes to illustrate the dangers of following a strategy, the mechanics of which are never revealed (unless you have a Bigbusiness on the team). :D

I can only repeat the warnings above. This strategy looks risky and at the moment I would just observe and see what happens. It works well in the narrow range bound market we have had recently but volatility is likely to increase soon and being on the wrong side of a big move could destroy previous profits. It's hard to use a stop loss when trading two indicies unless you can monitor the market all day.

A big fall on the Dow looks likely but who knows, it could rocket up to 10,200.