Index King In Da' House !

I won't be as i don't need it. :) It was only a matter of time before
he did start charging for it though, in my mind. As for the argument of 'if your system's so good, why do you need to charge for it?' i'll let hugo field that one :)

Good luck IK. You've contributed well to these boards.

whats potentially more dangerous is the fact that you will be following a system that will not neccessarily fit in with your own trading personality and have to rely on someone else saying buy now sell now, could well cause the individual psychological expense via a drawdown that s/he isnt comfortable with, which if that gets triggered people will be left watching ,hoping, fearing..... very risky....

i guess there's an argument somewhere, that even if your system
is good and generally makes a certain number of points per week
it doesn't necesssarily mean that your gonna be loaded, and so not need to charge for your system. I expect hugo trades fairly modest stakes beacause i guess knows that there is always a possibility that something could go badly wrong. Maybe if IK's got some gigantic account then he could afford to trade bigger and so not worry about the costs he has to incur through running the website and wouldn't need the subscription money. Hugo, are
really a cleaner? On another point, didn't you once say that this system belongs to a friends of yours??

Anyways. I think that if you are looking for a system then you could probably do worse than this one for the prices asked.

$40 a month thats about £24 very cheep ,so far this system looks great i don't blame ik for making a small charge,keep up the good work Hugo . :cheesy:

I wont be subscribing. I think it is a bit much for a system that works in the past but has no guarantee of working in the future. I will just have to spend more time working on my own system.

The Dow/Dax was causing problems and I don't enjoy holding positions for 10 days or more. If he threw in the day trade signals he was using in the summer I would be interested.

Last edited:
I believe I have managed to create a system using TradeStation that gives the same signals, so I won't be subscribing :D

Paul

hmmm...

so the knives are out?..

Ok, the last 3 trades i have done have got me 250 pts or so, so do i agree with with the subsciption or will i pay the subsciption?

At the end of the day we all want a free lunch, an easy way to make money and when IK was posting his trades it was all "good man" and "well done" and now he is going to turn it into a business people are making out the system may not be worth paying for, but it was ok when it was free?

it all boils down to that IK has got the perfect business idea, its something that everyone wants and nobody else is selling..

But the problem is payment....

credit card details etc over the net makes people nervous at the best of times when dealing with big institutions, never mind handing them over to a janitor who cleans bogs!!

Maybe if the price was £10 per month more people may consider it. £10 aint much but if IK gets more members by doing this then everyones a winner...

My question is why $'s i thought IK was in England?

And i still dont know if i am going to subscribe :confused:

thx

Would anyone care to comment on the style of English used in these two postings from IndexKing?

"Hello to everyone. Yes good ol' IK is back, cleaning toilets and kicking indices !

Seriously though I have much trouble trying to post message while using broadband so have to use dial up account instead.

Also while away in Spain I had to vist Rodriguez Yankem dentist surgery to have a wisdom removed so have been recovering for week or so, Also pencellin not agree with IK and IK suffered fainting fits and some other intimate problems ! However all is well now and I am glad to be back.

IK get a hefty ball chewing from friend who gave me method I use to post trade opportunities. He concerned that I give enough information to lead others to work it out.

I am allowed to give instructions as to what I do so that is all I can do. Please to not ask questions of method !"

and this:

"I know the Ftse is boring but it can surprise now and then. The last trade success had a lot to do with the Ftse and the Dow didn't really do a lot.
If the Dow rallied by say 100 points then the Ftse and Dax could combine to make 200 points between them. You need to be careful here. Its not something I'd do since the whole 'jist' of the system is the pairs are relational. In other words, selling another European with another European could backfire rather badly ! On the other hand if we do get a tank on the Dow you should do ok, but its unnecessary risk taking again ! Be careful.."

:D

Bigbusiness is there such a thing as a system that guarantees results in the future? When you find this Holy Grail please can you let me know because I will be interested in subscribing!
I don't think it is an unreasonable amount for IK to charge considering the effort he puts in to working the trade out and posting them on his website. Citroen said it all the last 3 trades got me 250 points, at £5.00 per point thats £1250 profit thats 4 years of subscriptions paid! And he is still thinking about subscribing. My last trade netted me £360 so I will subscribe and think it is excellent value.

Im undecided. Ive been trading both pairs for a few weeks now and yes I have made good returns. What Im still uncomfortable with is that the trade signals occur at 21pm based on the closing price of the UKX or CAC from several hours back. As such it is rare that a trade can actually be placed at the optimum price. Fair enough,Hugos says that by waiting until the following day you will USUALLY get the right price but this is NOT ALWAYS the case. The examples and returns shown on www.winning-spreadbets dont take this into account.
Hugo, whilst Ive learnt to live with this limitation I suspect that once people start to pay a subscription they may not. I think you need to be very careful mate.

good luck

Neil

Last edited:
Hugo's Response

Hello all

I didn't think I'd create such reaction from people. :-0
Firstly I have explained on the site why I'm charging for the information on trades.
Secondly the system is good and I have shown that in the past. I'm not charging because I need the money, I'm charging because the effort I put into bringing this information to you is great. I do have to sacrifice a lot of my time on this and roughly £25 per month can't be too much to ask as a contribution from people who use this information to profit.
The pricing is in dollars because thats the currency credit card processors on the net tend to use. I do live in England ! They are quite above board and proper. I also understand the hesitancy of people who are nervous by transacting via the web. The service does use industry standard encryption etc and I don't know any of the details of anyone who subscribes. Any problems and you would get a refund anyway.
I will be adding improvements to the site and doing some Big Daddy bets which you have all seen do well in the past. I never hide anything and nothing is stated in hindsight as you know. Any doubts about anything and I'm there with a warning etc.
The only people who judge my trades are the people that do them. If you think they're crap then fine. If you think they're great then fine to. You are the judge. I have used it for a long time and I think its great !

Just because I happen to 'clean bogs' for a living doesn't mean I'm a brick short :eek: . I could understand peoples reticence if I came from nowhere suddenly, gave nothing away then said' I've got this great system that wins 4/5 times but you'll have to pay me' 'PS I clean bogs for a living !!'
But thats not the case. I have posted many times here trades as well as conversation. My English has improved from English lessons I've taken. I have enjoyed my membership of this board and I hope I 've made many friends here.

I do feel deep down that I've let people down by going for subscription charges despite always saying I wouldn't. But i hope my explanation helps people understand why I did it. I
hope I can still be a welcome member here at T2W.

Regards
Hugo

The web is a wonderful thing isn't it? It's great for recording things gone by. You just need to key in certain things and up comes a persons complete history on the web. Even though they change their names or spots or pretend to be someone or something else. It's there for all to see, if you know how to go about it.

Trouble is that if you say this and that and then turn around and say something else then some people look a little closer and guess what? Things don't seem to be that at all. Funny life! Isn't it?

dbt

Hugo

From all your previous posts and your site, you sound like a genuine guy, but be honest and tell us about the language thing. You grammar went from very poor to Queens English in three weeks - that's impossible.

Also, your Stats over the last year ( which you said were backtested) show many trades a month but now you are actually trading the system, it is only producing 2-3 per month. If the frequency is different in a backtest, is it possible that the points results could also be different?

Hi Hugo

I take back what i said about "cleaning bogs" it was uncalled for...

The point i was trying to get across was that you are facing an uphill struggle to get peoples credit card details from them as you are not moniterd by any governing body.

For example what is the complaints procedure?

I see Vericom are in Holland what if there is a problem?,are you going to jet over the channel and pop into one of their offices?

Why not look at wwwpaypal.co.uk ??
you can pay in £'s and most ppl will have heard of it...

Dont get me wrong i am not trying to slag you off or keep throwing spanners in the works but we need convincing..

What about a premium rate number and leave a recorded message you still earn the revenue but no credit card details to be handed over...(Just a thought) :cheesy:

sorry if i offended :eek:

Thx

delboy trotter...

obviously you know something judging by your posts...

spill the beans or gives a clue where to search for the correct info..

I dont think i have seen you post up until just now.. If you know something let us know and may stop us looking like fools

THX

The whole point about this system was that it was free. If you wanted to follow it you had to be very trusting and believe in what you were told......you had to have faith!

Hello

Yes the credit card processor is in Holland but its also a major processor like Ibill and CCBill. I chose these guys as there is a lot of visitors from overseas not just the UK. As I said in my last post if there were any problems then people would get refunds. Any access problems would also be dealt with very quickly. I would get penalised a lot if I messed up with the site/updates etc. So its in my interest to be committed to providing a reliable service.
As far as gurantees go, how can I possibly do that ? There's no way I can provide gurantees when it comes to the stockmarket ! I can only highlight any concerns I have and recommend a course of action.
The stats are entirely true (according to the system) but in real life you could take off about 300-400 for spreads over time.
Can I just explain that a 'system win' can be anything from 1 point and more. Trades can run up to 20 days but after 12 they are usually finished and wouldn't produce any decent profits. Also the comment about the number of trades on the stats page and the number of trades being done now are less, is not really valid. Sometimes trades can come quickly with rapid reversals, and sometimes they can drag on, like the one in October. You can't rush this and a lot of patience is needed at times ! Since then there have been more trades and they've profited (Dax excepted).
At the end of the day you can use the trade information anyway you wish. It can fit in with each persons trading style. For example by keeping an eye on the Dow close targets you could protect yourself from being caught in a bull/bear trap.

As a last point, whether I clean boggs, run a mulitinational conglomerate or whatever, the trade information is just the same ! No ones subscribing to get to know me, you are subscribing because of the validity of the information I provide.
As I said in an earlier post, if you don't like the style of trading with this system or you don't think it has any value then thats up to you. I post the information and its entirely up to individuals whether they think it has any value for them. Don't like the system? then don't signup ! Its as simple as that. Anyone who would like to subscribe, I will bust a gut to make it profitable for them.

Regards
Hugo