Index King In Da' House !

Nice trades thanks Hugo, I made a decent profit on the DOW/FTSE in one account AND the DOW/CAC in another. Both now reversed although my entry points were about 20 pts adrift from the ideal.

thx

Neil

Stick around phosphate there's plenty more where that came from ! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Can i just remind anyone following these trades that wins range from 1-300+ points, therefore the more unfavourable the difference you start with, you immediately lose this in any profit, so a 40 point profit say can turn out to be a 40 point loss if you got in at more than 25 points from the ideal starting difference and the spreads when you close out. Most trades will swing out to start with so there is no need to jump in regardless once the Dow close target is met. A little patience is also required. At least 85% of trades will get worse before they start to get better :eek: , so by waiting these extra points (by waiting) will hugely increase the eventual profit. :D :D

Have a nice weekend
Hugo :cheesy: :cheesy:

urgh - didn't grt a chance to close on fri - demon adsl playing up. If I had closed it would have been about 30 points.

Will close first thing monday - with profit I hope !

Good trades Hugo :)
In terms of waiting for better prices after the target Diff has been met, how long do you mean typically ?
Glenn

Hugo,

If the 150 point stop is hit, say monday, do we just stop on the dow and let the ftse run ...or close that at the same time?

Cheers,

big"ooo...err"boy

Hugo

Thanks mate.. good profit on that one, when the trade was 100pts against I traded again for the same stake, so when it finally came good I was up 118pts. I reckon doing it this way will also save's you on a 50pt or less loss.

1st trade 12pts
2nd trade 106pts

Cheers Snip

Hello all

Snip made a good point which I think is worth while doing :D . If you just put a fraction of your proposed stake ( a third ?) to start with, then if the trades move further out you can top up with another third, further out and the last third. Or halves if you'd prefer :) The only down side of course is that you end up with a third of the winnings if points were big and quick :( :(

If you want to adopt that strategy then fine but be prepared to have any profits reduced because of this extra level of safety.
I don't know how these trades will go, ever . So its all great in hindsight but in the future could be a big drag. Still its up to people how they do it.

Bigboy, if the Dow plummets on Monday then quit both trades as it could be the start of the long awaited correction and the trade could turn to a 300+ point loser :!: I may be wrong but at these levels its not worth hanging in. At least if the Dow does plummet the Ftse/Cac will follow it willingly :rolleyes: so you shouldn't lose much.

Of course we may see Dow 10000 before it happens but as I said to someone on my guestbook I believe that will be the wake up call :!: Incidentally if it does see 10000 then a quick buy of Gold/US dollar could be an outstanding move. However thats only my opinion.

In the meantime lets just keep going :cheesy: :cheesy:

Hugo

Hugo,

Thanks...i reversed my ftse/dow friday and was actually glad to see your caution. What I did was ..instead of putting all my sell on ftse i stuck some on the dax...thinking if it went wrong and dow crashed dax would crash more than boring old ftse. Anyway stuck i'm in for £20/point and hope i dont have to suffer the 150point stop out. lets hope we get a rally monday. However hard I try to take emotion out of this game...I find that the most difficult part!
Cheers anyway for your tips,

Bigboy!

Bb
The drop on the Dow may not happen and if it doesn't and we get a rally on the Dow the Dax will go up as well, moreso than the Ftse.
I know the Ftse is boring but it can surprise now and then. The last trade success had a lot to do with the Ftse and the Dow didn't really do a lot.
If the Dow rallied by say 100 points then the Ftse and Dax could combine to make 200 points between them. You need to be careful here. Its not something I'd do since the whole 'jist' of the system is the pairs are relational. In other words, selling another European with another European could backfire rather badly ! On the other hand if we do get a tank on the Dow you should do ok, but its unnecessary risk taking again ! Be careful..

Hugo

hi

heres something for all those who want to paper trade this system.

go to www.capitalspreads.com and open the demo account, give you real time profit and loss.

I am trialing the dow/ftse bet using december and a £1 a point cos thats what i intend to do when i get the balls to jump in eventually :cheesy:

thx

well covered on friday for +28 which is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, and back in yesterday @ diff of 5408

:)

Hugo. I took my own pair trade last night. my system said that a 'long dow, short dax' would be a good'n. Just closed it for a quick 30 points....which means that now it will really start making points, lol. Maybe the dax is ready to start being used in your trades again??
Good work IK
Keano

hi
currently paper trading this system using the demo account with www.capitalspreads.com it give real time profit and loss

i have tried 2 experiments based on Dow/Ftse 5433 or lower

bought Dec dow @ 9751
sold Dec ftse @4343
Diff = 5408

this trade is currently in profit by 43 pts .. - 44 ftse & + 87 dow
i placed this trade the very next morning after we were told to exit and reverse.

i waited a few days and the placed a trade today..

bought dow futures @ 9730
sold ftse futures @ 4369
Diff = 5361

this trade is in profit by 104 pts .. - 6 ftse and +110 dow

so is it best to wait a few days or maybe hours to see where the markets go in order to get a better entry or is the system designed so that when u post new trade we are supposed to get in at that point. By waiting i would have made more but was i lucky or is it something you would recomend.

also i just checked my futures and they have been closed automatically, should they be rolled over tommorrow?

Thx

As far as I see it; the best thing to do with this system is to check the signal at about 6pm then go out and come back at 9pm to see if the dow has reached the trigger. If it has then close out. Check the prices and if you can satisfy the signal then do the trade.
Then go and do something and check the signal at 6pm and so on and so on.
Just follow the system and don't mess with it and your account should grow.
The only problem is if Hugo nsuddenly got a bad bout of food poisoning and forget to let us know when to close out!

thx bigboy..

so what you are saying is as soon as the new trade is posted i am to start my trade, and not to wait and see if i can get a better start point?

thx

At the end of the day its your decision how you follow the system. You can try and squeeze more points out..but it may work against you. No system can tell you exact tops or bottoms...well I havent found one!

So index king is introducing subscriptions! So much for doing this as an example of how someone with a winning system should not have to charge for it, and anyone who does can't have a very good system to begin with!

Very disappointing I must say. Guess there is no such thing as altruism at the end of the day, it's human nature to always want more. So far I have been following these on paper and was thinking about dipping in for real sometime soon, but this has made me reconsider. How do others feel about it? Will people be subscribing??

GT

I won't be.. I was following these with small stakes(20p a point) to see how they went and I have only just broken even on the last trade, having lost on the first four attempts.

If I had been given the chance to build up my bank and my confidence, then I would have considered it..!

Cheers Snip