In This Thread, i will post what i like and dislike about the UK

cassiopeia

133 2
Paul

No you don't need to force them to work, perhaps it's not a good idea to see a tired surgeon anyway, but will they be tired during NHS or private time? In some cases they could be payed the same rate for NHS overtime as they do privately, but it is all a rip off. Who should pay? the same class of people who pay for private care in the first place via taxes, they just wait their turn like everyone else. In the UK we all have medical insurance when we are born without the insurance paperwork, it is called the NHS.

There are other ways. I think trained nurses could do 90% of the job of a GP and they certainly don't get paid a fortune. In fact a GP once told me that 90% of the work was dead easy and common sense and only 10% of cases require any skill.

Ultimately, it all comes down to the age old argument, should everyone have access to the basics of life: equal rights to health and education, a few say yes, some say no, most in the UK believe in a half way house in which the rich have the fastest and sometimes better treatment but the average person has a basic safety net, or if you are lucky a bed!

I disagree with Americans about their freedom, they have as much freedom as the best Doctor, teacher or Lawyer they can afford and this is becoming true more so here. The rights to free speech is of limited use if you are bedridden, illiterate or in prison, especially in US Cuba.

Housing, yes supply and demand is the driving factor, but like the stockmarket the housing market can overshoot and it could lead to tears if interest rates rise. The UK is not the only country which is overcrowded, Belgium is more so and far cheaper. I was just pointing out that high or rising house prices do not confer wealth unless one can cash in like in the stockmarket.

Last edited:

mma

233 0
yeah but in the UK , freedom is only theoretical . there are many psychological / cultural restraints .

dolton

69 0
I spent 3-happy months in Hackensack NJ in the late seventies lecturing on solar energy at a trade show and had an opportunity at that time to remain in the states and later to "acquire"a green card, like a p**t I declined this invitation to work in Virginia....

Later a year before "twin towers" attack, I toured New York and New England with my other half and talking to locals [as you do] the word was that-:

a/ the population of the states would ballon to exceed 500M in the next 15 years, talk of the States as being the anti-christ was so much c**p and indeed the people most hostile to USA on grounds of whatever were most anxious to move there!!!

b/ many [most?] inhabs of NY were illegals......that was perhaps self evident when my wife and I visited the Empire State Building and had to listen to an indignant afgahistan driving our stetched limo complaining about illegal chinese!!!! great.

Now the debate in our house is which is the better city New York or London, ........for my part there is only one winner.

Incidently, [-for anyone interested in the History of Wall Street and how they raised the finance for Brittain to fight WW2"] I would recommend John Steel Gordon's "The Great Game" ISBN 0-7432-0043-8 A facinating read.

Halo

136 0
mma - why are you still here?

eddiecomestotown

15 0
Sorry to lay into the British, but I find the "cannot do" attitude quite tiring. More time is spent comming up with reasons why something cant be done then actually doing it :)

Anyway, my guess is the people on this board generally wouldn't fit into this generalisation or they wouldn't be here - so dont take offence.

An aussie.

Halo

136 0
I love stereotyping. It rocks.
All Aussie's are crocodile wrestling, criminal types currently employed in temporary bar jobs.
(I luv u really)
I like this thread... who's next???

Kilnside

92 0
Oatman

In the immortal words of Bernard Manning:

"Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today -- 'cos if you like it you can do it again tomorrow!"

Regards

Car Key Boi

396 8
mma said:
*In This Thread, i will post what i like and dislike about the UK*

you're just a good old fashioned dumb american licker of english you know whats aren't you ?

yuo know something? i post a lot of mindless trash, but don't mistake that as a sign that i lack intelligence. After looking at tons of market reports/charts/blah, this Lounge forum is a nice place to take a break, post some trivial crap, share a gag or two and so on

and FYI, i'm a NYC born - moved to Cali - now spends most of the year in West Indies, Florida and Great Britain - tard

so i'm a very friendly and outgoing type of guy, and although i'm a staunch republican (economic reasons more than anything) i'm actually a very liberal tolerant tard (just like Arnie)

but know this

underneath that laid back Cali/West Indian state of mind, beats the heart of a native New Yorker. NYC Tards are by nature, contentious, argumentative, intolerant and insensitive, especially when it comes to dishing out, and receiving, insults that would make a sailor blush

it takes a lot to bring the New Yorker out of me, but there have been occasions, usually when dipsh!ts try to take advantage of my friendly outgoing nature. DO NEVER TEST the Car Key Boi, because the Car Key Boi always makes the kill ;)

- Car Key Boi :cool:

mma

233 0
I'm somewhere in the far east - to be revealed with my upcoming course .

it's all about choice , everywhere has it's pros and cons .

here , it's the value I get that I find so appealing.

mma

233 0
well , you can say what you want .

I say , wait for the course then let the public decide , not you .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock