ICC Forex System testing

US Ind Prod figures in a few mins could prod the £Y either way (via the Dow)...this is what I hate: leave it on or take it off?

US Ind Prod figures in a few mins could prod the £Y either way (via the Dow)...this is what I hate: leave it on or take it off?

£Y closed for 6 pip loss, €Y still open

£Y closed for 6 pip loss, €Y still open

stoploss moved to breakeven on €Y; shame I got cold feet on the £Y but that's trading - better than have them both move against me

EOD report
£$ +10, +40
€$ 0
£¥ +24, +9
€¥ +12
Total: +95

Three that got away were a €¥ trade of +102:eek: & a €$ trade of +70 I wasn't up early enough for and a £¥ trade of +40 that I got cold feet on just before the US Ind numbers came out.
Tinkered with the exit strategy after getting out of this morning's £$ trade too early - the new one's the black symbols on the pic. Still fantasy realm stuff until I get it bedded in and stop tinkering.

No €£ or $¥ today as I'm trying something a little different with them. Beginning to think one size doesn't fit all. Also beginning to think I should start a bit earlier...:sleep:

Key: Vertical line on the left is 8am UK time
Arrows are Entries, Ticks are successful exits, Crosses are unsuccessful exits, Thumbs up & down are signals (and their exit) rejected through timing (e.g. lunchtime, or just before a major economic data announcement)

Attachments

• April 15th 2010.jpg
    April 15th 2010.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
€ sold vs $,¥ & £ (but dodgy with the Eurozone construction output figures due in 8 mins - close stops in place)

Last edited:
€ sold vs $,¥ & £ (but dodgy with the Eurozone construction output figures due in 8 mins - close stops in place)

figures in my favour but not alot of headway being made

€$ stop moved to break-even
looks like I should've taken signal in cable at same time

Fatal to take a tea-break away from the computer - 5 min candle after the halfhour took out my 10 pip stops on both €£ & €¥ - bugger!
Right at the top of the wick on €£ too. Back in that one short at original level now.

Fatal to take a tea-break away from the computer - 5 min candle after the halfhour took out my 10 pip stops on both €£ & €¥ - bugger!
Right at the top of the wick on €£ too. Back in that one short at original level now.

...and €£ closed again for a loss of 7 pips as it's looking flat. Got one indicator saying £ is stronger, another saying € is stronger and having only formulated an adjusted strategy for this pair on the weekend, I've no concrete idea of which is more reliable.

€¥ sold - essentially a continuation of the earlier stopped-out trade

€¥ sold - essentially a continuation of the earlier stopped-out trade

€¥ closed for 21 pip loss - if the 15min downtrend is going to continue it'll be after lunch.
Today is officially a Crap Day!