ib login

one/two

help!
I am now an ib account holder, however I am having a bit of a nightmare logging in.

I believe I have completed the set up appropriately. This is where I am.

I have down loaded java. I have checked my control panel for java certificates and ib appears under them.

I am at the window LOG IN TO TWS 788 I enter my user name and password, hit login and nothing happens.

FAQ'S suggest to use 3com 905-tx-nm as the nic card. I haven't got A clue what this is.

appreciate all help.

Hi one/two

Are you running a firewall?

Does it keep counting up login attempts?

You do know that IB does down the service at weekends don't you!

JonnyT

This is only a partial assist, as I know nothing about IB, but the NIC stuff is referring to a network card (NIC - Network Interface Card) and 3Com is a manufacturer of NICs, so I found this on their site:
http://www.3com.com/prod/en_EU_EMEA/detail.jsp?tab=features&sku=3C905CX-TX-NM
that link describes an Ethernet NIC, so I assume that's the one ... personally I don't find that the actual card used matters in networking ... so I suspect that this isn't the root of your problem.
Dave

JONNYT

cheers. I didn't realise the system is totally closed on the weekend. I take it that it would stop from entering the tws totally.

p.s. being new to IB I have no experience of the system, can you think of anything else I will need to do to commence trading on monday.

Make sure you have the correct trading permissions set and correct datafeeds enabled :)

When you get a chance have a play on the TWS demo just to get to know how to move stops etc.

Good luck

I used to get this on one computer.
Try downloading the other trading screen. I found I could only get into one of their systems (from desktop or site)

The only thing that cleared it up was a complete wipe and load.

You should still be able to get the trading screen up after loggin, but you would have to be permissioned and authorised from a previous working day.

It isn't anything to do with network cards etc.

Good luck.

IB and Weekends

One/Two,

The issue here is almost certainly that it is the weekend and as JT has said you cannot get anything on your screen when IB is closed. I would try again on Monday morning and you will probably find that all is OK.

Good Luck

Paul