i-knowindices.com

andrewmooton

i was just looking at the site in the thread title.

He reckons he has a 92-97% accuracy currency forecasting service.

Anyone ever tried it or know anything about it?

Im inclined to use something like this because i dont have the confidence yet to do my own analysis.

Anyone here use a similar sevice?

Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew

I haven't heard of this service, but I've looked over the website, and I can't see where they talk about stop-losses and Risk / Reward ratios. This worries me.

It's fine having a 95% win rate, as long as the money management can support it :rolleyes:

with 92% - 97% (94.5%?) success - and the opportunity for him to make millions in currencies each day - its very kind and generous of him to let others join in with him

This guy is an Indian Tech Proffesor. I signed up for his 14 days worth of signals and he was fairly on the money for the overnight session. Hes on the hunt for your cash for training. Way expensive so he would have to be super good to part with any.
You will find him on forex st .com as one of the daily Gurus.

Paying for signals

Over the last 12 months I have lost quite a lot of money at this job, so I tried paying for 2 services.

The first was a New Zealander called Max McKegg. He offers twice daily reports and signals on the four majors plus the AUS/USD and the Kiwi.

I actually lost money by following him, but that was my fault because I did not follow his top deal of the day every every day for the full six months, but I did folow him to the letter over the whole six months on paper. The result was 187 pips profit over six months. As I was only dealing in 0.1's that wouldn't have even covered the fee I paid him.

I then tried the Bulgarian Angel Kolev for 3 months. If you look at the performance figures that he publishes on his site he seems to be constant and impressive.

The problems with him were two fold. The normal service offers two reports on the four majors each day, but the platinum service which he kept on pushing and I signed up for meant that you were connected by both email and ICQ and he could give a "buy now" or "sell now" signal at anytime of the day or night.

This meant that to be effective you had to be sat at your computer for 24 hours a day just waiting for the signal which invariably came without any warning. So, often by the time you had got the signal to "buy", "sell" or whatever the market could have already moved 10 pips.

As part of the signal service he told you where to put your stops and where to take your profit, but the next problem that I discovered was he woud say things like "Well we narrowly missed getting stopped out there, but we are going in the right direction again" when I hadn't narrowly missed it at all, I HAD BEEN STOPPED OUT. So this meant that I realised that his broker was obviously feeding him different numbers to me, so I had to stick 5 pips above and below whatever he said, so very often when he claimed a 30 pip kick out on a stoplosss effectively it wasn't a 30 pip kick out for me - more like 40.

After a while I gave myself a good hard slap and a good hard talking to and came to terms with what I now preach.

If any and I mean ANY of these people were any good then they wouldn't tell you about it, they would simply be turning over vast amounts of profit per week. If they really and truly had confidence in themselves they would have mortgaged their houses and be smacking 1/2 a million at a time on every currency that they forcast on and be multi-millionaires, and they wouldn't tell a soul!!!!!

You see I have my own beautiful little plan now. It is a gem!!!! I have spent damned near a full year, day after day, analysing and decompiling reams and reams of numerical data and have found my love, my sweetheart, my angel that is repetitively effective 8 times out of ten, and even on the other two times when it isn't effective your losses are small. Profits not massive, but regular, and the more I use it the more confident in it I become. I started using 0.1's then up to 0.2's now I am up to 0.3's. But I am sorry, there is no way in the world that I am going to tell you what it is. You must be joking! You can tickle me to death, but I aint a spillin da beans!

So why do these guys tell?

Whether we like it or not (and I am sure that more than a few will disagree with me) :rolleyes:

Bottom line 1 - Their prophecies can't be any good or they would all be multi-millionaires sipping vodka martini's by the side of a pool in their own mansions on the Bahamas.

Bottom line 2 - If you follow any of them what you are effectively doing is allowing somebody else to gamble with your money. A bit like walking into the bookies and offering your stake to somebody else to follow their hunch with.

But as hope to all demoralised souls I will say - there are, within the data, signals and signs which repeat over and over again with amazing regularity. Find one that you are comfortable with and get confidence out of. Get your own system that works for you, because they are there!

Etext

ETEXT
These guys sell signal services because they know there are naive, or stupid lazy and greedy fools who are easily parted from their cash, rather than get off their backsides and do some serious work.

Just look at some of the boards on this site and you will always see posts asking if anyone has tried "X" service or whatever holy grail of trading is being touted at the time.

You did well to leave the "Guru" trial to carve your own path in the trading arena.

Good luck, and remember that there is always free advice on these boards, and people willing to give same freely.

neil said:
ETEXT
These guys sell signal services because they know there are naive, or stupid lazy and greedy fools who are easily parted from their cash, rather than get off their backsides and do some serious work.

Just look at some of the boards on this site and you will always see posts asking if anyone has tried "X" service or whatever holy grail of trading is being touted at the time.

You did well to leave the "Guru" trial to carve your own path in the trading arena.

Good luck, and remember that there is always free advice on these boards, and people willing to give same freely.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Even as a newbie. I know enough about the technology of the hard sell internet scam to know that what gos before aint nuthin but the truth.
I long ago realised that if you want to be successful at any given task then you should study inside and out read your books. read the boards. Talk to the people doing the business day in and out.
This board is one of the best I have picked up worthwhile information here and have always had my questions answered. My own advice to any one who like myself is going to risk their hard won cash is to buy the books do the work read all the signals all the fundamentals from everywhere, sure. But only you can decide whats right for you in the long run if you study this game long enough your'e going to find your own way what works for you may not work for another . By all means share and like my favourite sport ride hard be at one with the bike and never (if you can help it) ever, Crash!