Im off.

Yes, of course it was...

You were and very likely still are an arrogant little turd whose obvious ignorance of the mechanics of trading and what trading (and traders) is all about was missed by all but the few who actually do it for a living.

If you blanked out for a few hundred quid, I could believe you. Nobody does a do or die on 300K because with that mindset you would never had got to 300K in the first place.

Unless of course he inherited a large pot of money to start with...

As for the pits - absolutely bloody irrelevant these days. The volume in the pits is nothing compared to the volume traded electronically.

Poor Roth was just born a bit too late...

Personally, I'd have brought another 10 used Ferraris with the 300k...

Two guesses, either it's because although a particle of light is called a photon, it doesn't mean that every photon is a particle of light. Or it's that, if you imagine the london marathon (or whatever), and some barrier out in front of all the runners which limits their speed, it doesn't mean that someone towards the back of the crowd can't run fuster than that speed for a short time.

Ferrari-gate was superb, hats off to Dionysus and Rothschild for one of the funniest things I've read here.

LOL - It was indeed fun...

I found out later it was just a Ferrari badge on this fine motor:

3093388256_d3e050acba.jpg

Just a bit of lulz and poor ole Rothers couldn't take it - blew his top completely

One day in the distant future he will be mature enough to just laugh it off and enjoy it

:LOL:

He said yesterday IIRC that he still 'looks at his beloved charts'. Go figure.

yeah, I did spot that in fact.
I think he also had a little journal where he posted charts too, but I got the impression that they really didn't hold much weight when it came to making trading decisions. He said that he only used charts to 'track price' but no TA/support resistance/price action etc etc.
"a shining example of why TA isn't all that, i know why corn went up today and why i was expecting it to go up, but the chart didn't know! ....and no im not going to reveal why, people can work it out for them selves when they take off the blinkers of TA like i had to''

Far as I was aware he used fundamentals and 'sentiment' and hedged his futures trades with options

Anyway, it's all kind of irrelevant now I guess since he appears to have blew up.
Guess we should all give TA/charts another chance! :smart:

Can't run fast enough to get away from that creeping age dude. (y)

Sense and sensibility is always stalking you...

Re: trading I hope you are short on EURUSD... Mi thinks 1.4520s will be tested with a decent retrace...[/QUOTE]

Another great call from yours trully. Hope you got your fill WackyPete... ;)

He said yesterday IIRC that he still 'looks at his beloved charts'. Go figure.

because as a retail no body now its the only way to know whats happening, you expect me to remember bids/offers highs lows for past few days when i dont even trade now? go figure

the truth is, yes i was contrarian, i fought the croud, i would take any posistion aslong as it was vs someone else. but when you play that game against the fed you lose. the late 2010 sp run up was my end.

because as a retail no body now its the only way to know whats happening

I find this quite interesting. It kind of confirms what i've always thought.
I know that there are people out there who make lots of money who claim not to look at a chart at all. In fact, they claim not to look at anything that im knowingly aware of ''DOM/Level2/T.A/price action/FA/ etc etc''
However, they never actually come out and say what it is. There's been a few threads like this over the past. I've always found them frustrating.
However, i've always thought that them people are basically privvy to information unavailable to most and can access it one way or another. Not a million miles from cheating/insider trading.

I think in *our* case though, charts are all we've got.

I missed the ferrarigate story. Did you have a ferrari or you made it up? Same about the watches/suits?

Dunno if I'm missing some deep p!ss-taking here old chap, but if not, you're really turning into a total mincer.

If you're serious, you'd probably have better luck dressing up as a baboon, he's rather partial I understand....A female one of course. There's nothing queer about old NR.....

My royalty fee is, coincidentally, £300k.

Be careful with NR, he was a bouncer in some of the city's roughest nightspots...

Just re-read that thread, absolute comedy gold. Well done to all who participated. (y)

because as a retail no body now its the only way to know whats happening, you expect me to remember bids/offers highs lows for past few days when i dont even trade now? go figure
I thought yesterday you said you were off until next year? Again. LOL.

yeah, I did spot that in fact.
I think he also had a little journal where he posted charts too, but I got the impression that they really didn't hold much weight when it came to making trading decisions. He said that he only used charts to 'track price' but no TA/support resistance/price action etc etc.
"a shining example of why TA isn't all that, i know why corn went up today and why i was expecting it to go up, but the chart didn't know! ....and no im not going to reveal why, people can work it out for them selves when they take off the blinkers of TA like i had to''

Far as I was aware he used fundamentals and 'sentiment' and hedged his futures trades with options

Anyway, it's all kind of irrelevant now I guess since he appears to have blew up.
Guess we should all give TA/charts another chance! :smart:

I believe the method he was considering selling was based on reading extremes in COT data. I presume this is what he also traded.

i.e. when everyone is buying, ain't no-one left to buy and it's gotta go down. Not sure how he was timing it though...

Basically - the way the lulz did work and still works centres around Arabian.

He's more than likely the guy that contacted NR about this thread and he's also the guy that told me that NR was trading away his inheritance - that was during Ferrari-gate.

As the lulz subsides, he'll give away another bit of personal info to one side or the other to keep it going.

So - when NR said he was off to Nepal for 6 months (or whatever), Arabian PMs me and tells me he's only been on holiday there for 2 weeks.

To be honest, I have no idea if what Arabian says is true but after discovering NR had lost most of his inheritance I backed off.

If you befriend Arabian - just be a tad careful what you tell him because he loves to use that info to stir the pot.

He is the lulzmeister, yet he stays in the shadows. Whodathunkit?