I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

Big IF.

Rather more seems to be a work in progress.

All credit to the OP for determined, verging on obstinate, perseverance.

Having been down this kind of road in my early years, I realised that "good enough" was, well, good enough.
I suggest that Pareto rule is invoked here.
I suspect the first 2-6 (20%) indicators of his 31 provide 80% of his edge.
The rest are giving a diminishing return.
By no means am I the finished article vis-a-vis trading, so by all means trash my opinion, but simply accepting a workable edge is sufficient to propel an account into the black.

Looking for the Holy Grail can still be pursued alongside real-world trading the less than Holy Grail.

Closing price of the Dow Jones - Wednesday the 7th July 2021.

Something tells me the DOW is NOT about to "roll over" and die. I am currently using 31 indicators in my "BATSONAR" trading system and at the close of trading today only 8 indicators are giving a "Sell" (short) single. In itself I don't think it is safe to go "short". It looks like the DOW is trying to push higher over the short to mid-term. I know some of the previous post have criticised my thread and method but really all I am trying to do is make it easier to trade the DOW. As someone said, it is a "working progress" and I am continually learning from my mistakes. I really am just here to try and help everyone.

SmartSelect_20210707-211900_Finance.jpg

I can take any amount of criticism. Go ahead hit me! Believe me from what I have had to suffer in my life in the past 20 years my "soul" has become unbreakable. I am willing to learn from every single one of you and I take on board what you are saying. And yes I agree the title of this thread should say something different. No system is perfect but what matters is getting an edge over the market which I believe I may have achieved. Time will tell. I'm just giving it all I have in being consistent in trading the DOW.

Last edited:
Closing price of the Dow Jones - Friday the 9th July 2021.

Who thinks the DOW Jones will hit all time highs soon as I have been predicting over the past few weeks or so? The DOW made an intraday high on the 10th May 2021 when it reached 35,091. We are now only 221 points off this level so the DOW could easily reach this level and close above it in the next few trading sessions.

SmartSelect_20210709-210910_Finance.jpg

Last edited:
Only just realised that the DOW from a technical point of view, saw it's highest close in history on Friday. I was looking at the intraday high of the 10th May 2021 when the DOW reached 35,091. So the predictions I have been making over the past month or so that the DOW would reach all time highs did in fact come true.

Closing price of the Dow Jones - Monday the 12th July 2021.

And the DOW closed again at an all time high. Will the DOW close above the "milestone" of 35,000 in the short-term? Yes I think it will unless something "spooks" the market.

SmartSelect_20210712-211810_Finance.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - Tuesday the 13th July 2021.

My "BATSONAR" trading system is not really giving any "Sell" signals at the end of trading today on the DOW apart from 2 or 3 indicators. I still think the DOW is going to attempt, in the short-term, to close above 35,000.

SmartSelect_20210713-214048_Finance.jpg