I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

hi batsonar,
Really good journal you have.
Are you trading Live with this?
Thanks "trendie" glad you like my thread. If you mean by "Live" a real money trading account then no I am not trading live at the moment but using a Trading212 practice account. I will be honest with you, I have lost too much money in the past "practicing" my techniques, so now I am using a practice account until I know I get it right more times than I get it wrong. Got my real account ready for when I think there is going to be a big "CRASH" which I feel will be soon. Going to enter a 0.1 CFD contract (short position) and just leave it ready for the crash.

Last edited:
Closing price of the Dow Jones - Wednesday the 30th June 2021.

In my "BATSONAR" trading system I am currently using 31 indicators. At the close of trading today on the DOW, "NON" of my indicators are giving a "Sell" (short) signal. Looking at the charts it does look like the DOW is going to make a break to the upside in the mid-term and maybe get to all time highs. On my 3 month (1 day bar) chart there is a "Pivot Point" support level at 34,365 on the DOW. There is also the possibility that the DOW could hover around this "Pivot Point" for a while before a move up or down.

SmartSelect_20210630-211712_Finance.jpg

Last edited:
If you found the grail indicator/system do you think the US would allow you to keep it and trade it freely in there markets. That's assuming you would not quit milking the financial system. If you made a $50-100B I guess you could live comfortably and forget about trading.

Ummm let me check the facts here. You have come across an indicator which you didnt write from a web site you wont divulge and you tinkered with it "a few days ago" and it produced a 100% perfect signal for the last 3 months, which shows several hundred points of gains each time it triggers. Even though you have £1,000 in an account you have never traded it, you don't own it and you dont have enough knowledge of how it works to change the timeframe.
And you want other people to trade it with their money "to see if it works" and all your asking in return is 50% of their profits with no risk to yourself!

.....I'm in.

Please post your bank account details so I know where to send the profits.
brilliant, I needed a good laugh this morning, thank you

brilliant, I needed a good laugh this morning, thank you
I am just trying to help my fellow traders on here make better trading decisions when trading the DOW. I now realise that nothing is perfect but it doesn't stop me searching for the perfect system. I just want everyone to benefit from my signals but I also know some will be wrong. I'm just trying to help that's all my friend. "Practice makes perfect" as they say.

Closing price of the Dow Jones - Friday the 2nd July 2021.

In my "BATSONAR" trading system I am currently using 31 indicators and NON of them are giving a "Sell" signal at the close of trading today. As I have said in previous posts I think the DOW is attempting to get to all time highs in the mid-term.

SmartSelect_20210702-213114_Finance.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - Tuesday the 6th July 2021.

In my "BATSONAR" trading system I am currently using 31 indicators. At the close of trading today on the DOW, 14 indicators are giving a "Sell" (short) single and 7 indicators are close to a "Sell" signal. I do feel any fall on the DOW could be limited though because on my 3 month (1 day bar) chart there is a "Pivot Point" support level at 34,208. I still think the DOW has the possibility of getting to all time highs in the mid-term.

SmartSelect_20210706-211419_Finance.jpg

hi batsonar,

I appreciate you may still be on a demo, but did your system take any bites out of the move down yesterday?

Also, interesting that you have something like 31 indicators, but you still use phrases like " ..feel..".
You also have a bias towards "all-time highs".
Are your indicators meant to remove feelings and biases, or re-inforce them?
(EDIT: just realised they are the same thing!)

Personally, I use indicators to remove my biases as much as possible, to reduce my inner chatter, and introduce a semblance of certainty, even if its wrong.

Still, a useful journal of thoughts. Would be useful to know what those indicators are, and their settings. :)

This thread should read. I thought I had found the holy grail system that works 100% of the time but found to my expense that it certainly did not.

Bob Marley: Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.

If system was 100% correct would one not engage in some spread betting or would just run the demo into numbers or set up a limited company and sell signals. SB would be preference and avoiding the system being made transparent to the market would be a priority

Big IF.

Rather more seems to be a work in progress.

All credit to the OP for determined, verging on obstinate, perseverance.