I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

Keep throwing in enough predictions and one will come true, we're still waiting for the end of the world.

Postie, I'm disappointed in you! Do you not know that the End of the World is Nigh? Just how nigh is anybody's guess but it's definitely and incontrovertibly nigh.

@batsonar I just posted this on another thread and it equally applies to your attempt to predict the top of the market.
Attempting to predict the top or bottom of any market has continuously been proven to result in account wipeout. Even if you were fortunate enough to be correct on this occasion, then in my view it would result in confirmation bias which will also ultimately result in account wipeout.

Last edited:
My trading system signals on the daily chart have generated a strong "sell" go short signal on the Dow. I have gone short at 200 contracts at 26,278. I am not putting in a "stop" order. Its all or nothing on this trade. I will either make a lot of money from a heavy fall on the Dow which I think could happen in the next 2 weeks or my Trading212 practice account is going to be wiped out if the Dow rises to new highs. ... Lets see what happens.
The Dow futures opened up at 11pm GMT and the Dow proceeded to fall heavily and fell as low as 26,032. On my Trading212 practice account I have made £23,737 at this time. I am not closing my position because I am expecting a possible big sell off tomorrow when the market opens. With the over 200 point rise on the Dow on Friday my indicators were still were saying "sell" go short. You see my system does work and as I said it is good at catching the big moves early. Does anyone know what has spooked the Dow? It will probably recover a bit but I am not convinced it will get back up to where it closed on Friday.

You didn't close and your back to virtually 0 profit on your Dow futures! That's Greed got a hold of you.

@batsonar you have now let a potential £23,700 profit disappear in front of your eyes and you are nursing a loss again! If that's the holy grail I'll take a clay mug instead thanks.
More tea Vicar?

Attachments

• MoreTeaVicar.jpg
    MoreTeaVicar.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
@batsonar you have now let a potential £23,700 profit disappear in front of your eyes and you are nursing a loss again! If that's the holy grail I'll take a clay mug instead thanks.
More tea Vicar?

I am staying in and waiting for the blood bath in the coming weeks and a possible stock market CRASH. I am not bothered about the daily ups and downs in the market. The Dow could have easily fallen more after the open and not recovered like it has. No one can predict the moves in the day. I am not a day trader, I am a mid term trader and as long as my signal is not telling me to "buy" go long I am not pulling out from my short position. The party is just getting started! Oh yeah!

More tea Vicar?

Whilst I might not follow Bat's reasoning, nonetheless, it's his money (be it real or virtual) to do with what he wants and you never know, we might all be sitting here in a few months amazed at just how many thousand pips he's scoffed just as the Four Horsemen ride into town. Either way, I respect his choice, which reflects a certain kind of courage which I lack.

Whilst I might not follow Bat's reasoning, nonetheless, it's his money (be it real or virtual) to do with what he wants and you never know, we might all be sitting here in a few months amazed at just how many thousand pips he's scoffed just as the Four Horsemen ride into town. Either way, I respect his choice, which reflects a certain kind of courage which I lack.
i agree

It's best to confirm a trend change has taken place before entering a trade.
What's your method to confirm that the trend has changed? I tend to look at trend lines and previous horizontal levels breaking or holding. I've been looking at a simple moving average but haven't had the time to back test it yet.

Yes indeed he can do whatever he wants with his virtual money, but when he starts a thread saying he has a 100% foolproof system and wants people to trade it with their own money and give him 50% of the profits that's just wrong! Especially when the guy produces youtube videos declaring himself the son of god and saying he is going to bring down a religious organisation. Is he going to give people 50% of the money they lose following this crazy system he doesn't even understand himself, no of course not.

The Dow futures opened up at 11pm GMT and the Dow proceeded to fall heavily and fell as low as 26,032. On my Trading212 practice account I have made £23,737 at this time. I am not closing my position because I am expecting a possible big sell off tomorrow when the market opens. With the over 200 point rise on the Dow on Friday my indicators were still were saying "sell" go short. You see my system does work and as I said it is good at catching the big moves early. Does anyone know what has spooked the Dow? It will probably recover a bit but I am not convinced it will get back up to where it closed on Friday.

@batsonar your happy to post your profits, how about posting the losses as well.

GET READY! In the news very soon there will be a story that will cause shivers and panic selling in the stock markets around the world. I don't know what that news story will be put I know something is just around the corner. I can feel it. This stock market can't keep being defiant of bad news as we have seen today. Traders are becoming very complacent as far as I am concerned and that is very dangerous. I just know the Dow is not going to reach new highs. A devastating world economic collapse is coming by the end of 2019. The stock market is on the edge of a crash. The US national debt is now well over $22 trillion and adding $1,000.000 every 31 seconds. You can't run a financial system forever based on non stop rising debt. The system will break at some point and we are near that event.

Last edited:
Volume technical analysis for the close price of the Dow on the 6th May 2019
BEAR.jpg