I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

it would be nice to call before not after you have closed your position.
I think I would find that a little different because when I enter a trade I then watch it very carefully for the next 5 minutes or so. Don't really have a chance to post my entry point.

Closing price of the Dow Jones on Thursday the 3rd February 2022.

SmartSelect_20220203-212245_Finance.jpg

This is my Adv/Decline PO indicator. As you can see the indicator has crossed the zero line back into the "Red". This is a "Sell" signal on the DOW. I am a little reluctant to call a "Sell" because as you can see on the chart there is a "Pivot Point" support level at 35,078 on the DOW. We will just have to see how it works out. If it breaks this "Pivot Point" support level then the DOW should fall further.

SmartSelect_20220203-2126207.jpg

Just closed my "Sell" position for a small profit of £113.

SmartSelect_20220204-033812_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The last "Sell" signal I gave turned out to be correct and the DOW Jones fell by 21 points. Not much of a fall but at least I got the direction right. As I said the other day there is a " Pivot Point" support level at 35,078 which I knew would limit any downside. If the DOW breaks this " Pivot Point" support level on Monday then we could see the DOW fall further in the short to mid-term or it will bounce off this level.

I am currently using Tradingview. Does anyone else use this trading platform? Anyway I just found what looks like a fantastic indicator. It gives "Buy and Sell" signals. In order to test the strategy out I will reduce my CFD contracts from 50 to 5 to protect my account balance. Also I will be using a strict "stop loss" system. I will be testing this strategy next week and will post the results. I will be trading the DOW.

Last edited:
Started off with an opening balance of £50,000 on my Trading212 practice account. Now look at my account value.

SmartSelect_20220206-014624_Chrome.jpg

As I said the other day there is a "Pivot Point" support level on my daily chart at 35,078 and the DOW failed to break below this support level today. The DOW is either going to bounce off this level or if if falls below this level we could have a further move to the downside. Watch this level tomorrow very carefully. There are NO "Buy" signals being given by my indicators at this moment in time.

This is my Adv/Decl Vol Oscillator. As you can see the indicator has crossed the zero line back into the "GREEN" which is a "BUY" signal. This means that the DOW could be about to make a move to the upside in the short to mid-term. The DOW did in fact bounce off the "Pivot Point" support level of 35,078 as you can see on the chart. As you can see in the chart it does look like the DOW is setting up for a rise.

SmartSelect_20220208-212320.jpg

Last edited:
I called it this morning.
Good for you. I don't look at my charts until the end of the day. Missed out on a few trading opportunities today. A bit annoying. Sometimes I have a lack of confidence.

I suspect the DOW Jones is going to attempt to get to all time highs again. It wouldn't surprise me.

Don't worry, we all miss entries. the market will be there tomorrow. I expected about 400 points from the low but got out with about 250 points.
I sold more calls with about 3 months expiry.my TGT 33k

Don't worry, we all miss entries. the market will be there tomorrow. I expected about 400 points from the low but got out with about 250 points.
I sold more calls with about 3 months expiry.my TGT 33k
Well done. Where do you trade your calls and puts?