I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

But all these indicators you have are useless without trading methodology
Its all a "working progress" at the moment and just experimenting with what works and what doesn't. Just trying to help my fellow traders that's all.

Its all a "working progress" at the moment and just experimenting with what works and what doesn't. Just trying to help my fellow traders that's all.
Good on you, I just hope you get cracking on the methodology, its probably mindset and risk/reward you need to work on, not indicators.

Good on you, I just hope you get cracking on the methodology, its probably mindset and risk/reward you need to work on, not indicators.
It's all a long journey of learning and especially from your mistakes. You are right mindset (which I have struggled with in the past with trading) and risk/reward management are so important when trading. I'm willing to learn from other people and I hope people can learn from me. There needs to be an interchange of ideas to be a well rounded out trader.

This indicator (the blue line) is called the Directional Movement Indicator. As you can see it has crossed the zero line and is reading 2.17. This is a "Buy" (long) single. It remains to be seen if the DOW will follow through with a rise next week.

SmartSelect_20210515-201329.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - 18th May 2021.

On my 3 month (1 day bar) chart there was a "Pivot Point" support level at 34,102 but now because the DOW has closed below this level there is a danger the DOW could fall further in the short to mid-term. The charts I posted (posts 1,159 and 1,164) giving a "Buy" (long) signal have now lost momentum and are giving a "bearish" signal. Next "Pivot Point" support level on the DOW is at 33,543.

SmartSelect_20210518-210921_Finance.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - 19th May 2021. I did say yesterday that the DOW was in danger of falling after it closed below the "Pivot Point" support level of 34,102.

SmartSelect_20210519-211623_Finance.jpg

This is my Buying and Selling volume indicator. As you can see the indicator has crossed the 0% line and is reading 40%. This indicator shows that the Buying volume pressure is building and indicates the possibility of an "UP" move on the DOW in the next day or so.

SmartSelect_20210519-212215.jpg

Last edited:
This indicator is called the Swing Index. If you look at the blue line at the bottom you will see that the blue line has crossed the zero line and is reading 1.07. This is a "bullish" signal and indicates the possibility of a move "UP" on the DOW over the next day or so.

SmartSelect_20210519-213339.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - 20th May 2021.

The last 2 charts I posted were correct and the DOW Jones moved up today. There is a "Pivot Point" resistance level at 34,102 on the DOW.

SmartSelect_20210520-212725_Finance.jpg

Last edited:
Closing price of the Dow Jones - Friday the 21st May 2021. On my 3 month (1 day bar) chart there is a "Pivot Point" support level at 34,102 and a resistance level at 34,815 on the DOW.

SmartSelect_20210521-211733_Finance.jpg

This is my Money Flow indicator. As you can see the BLUE line has crossed the RED signal line which means the DOW could be about to move up in the short to mid-term. Some of my other indicators are also giving a "Buy" (long) signal.

SmartSelect_20210521-212610.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - Monday the 24th May 2021.

On Friday I posted a chart (post 1,178) that gave a "Buy" signal. I also said that some of my other indicators were also giving a "Buy" signal. Those signals proved to be correct and the DOW went "UP" today. The DOW appears to be in a "Bullish" mood and could rise further over the short to mid-term.

SmartSelect_20210524-211602_Finance.jpg