I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

SmartSelect_20210510-213511_Samsung Internet.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - Tuesday the 11th May 2021

On my 3 month (1 day bar) chart there is a "Pivot Point" support level at 34,102 on the DOW. If it breaks this resistance level then the DOW could fall further over the short-term. The next "Pivot Point" support level is at 33,543 on the DOW.

SmartSelect_20210511-211627_Finance.jpg

Advance/Decline Line calculator - is reading 1.43 (in the GREEN). Technically it is close to a "Sell" (short) signal that is when the Histogram turns negative (in the RED).

SmartSelect_20210511-212603_Samsung Internet.jpg

Closing price of the Dow Jones - the 12th May 2021.

Yesterday I said there was a "Pivot Point" support level at 34,102 and that if it broke this support level then the DOW could fall further over the short-term. My prediction actually came true and the DOW fell heavily today. The next "Pivot Point" support level is at 33,543 and again if DOW was to break this level of support it could fall further in the short-term. Yesterday I also said the Advance/Decline Line calculator - Histogram was reading 1.43 which now looking back was good enough for a "Sell" (short) signal.

SmartSelect_20210512-211615_Finance.jpg

Hey dude

77 pages .......respect to you sir

Is the holy grail still at 100% ? :)

N

Hey dude

77 pages .......respect to you sir

Is the holy grail still at 100% ? :)

N
No I think I was a bit stupid to call it the "Holy Grail" and being 100% accurate. I feel a little silly now. Its not a bad system though when you get used to using it. Just takes some practice.

No I think I was a bit stupid to call it the "Holy Grail" and being 100% accurate. I feel a little silly now. Its not a bad system though when you get used to using it. Just takes some practice.
Nothing is ever going to be perfect but you do seem to make some good calls. Do you have any account information for how much you've been putting on these trades?

Nothing is ever going to be perfect but you do seem to make some good calls. Do you have any account information for how much you've been putting on these trades?
I haven't really been using my practice account just recently to trade with. Just been observing my calls and adjusting my interpretation of my signals for better predictions in the future.

I haven't really been using my practice account just recently to trade with. Just been observing my calls and adjusting my interpretation of my signals for better predictions in the future.
Ok. Surely it would be better to at least demo the trades so you have it in black and white what you would have made or lost?

Closing price of the Dow Jones - 13th May 2021.

On my 3 month (1 day bar) chart there is a "Pivot Point" resistance level at 34,102 on the DOW. If it breaks this resistance level and closes above it then the DOW could move to the upside some more over the short-term. Personally I think we are going to see all time highs again at some point.

SmartSelect_20210513-211937_Finance.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. Surely it would be better to at least demo the trades so you have it in black and white what you would have made or lost?
Yes you are probably right. Will try to start using my practice account again or use my real account and just use very small CFD contracts so that I can make a record of my success or failures.

This indicator is called the Advance/Decline Oscillator which is on a 3 month (1 day bar) chart. As you can see in briefly crossed the zero line into thr RED but has now crossed the zero line back into the GREEN. This is a "bullish" signal on the DOW. Please note the "Pivot Point" support and resistance levels.

SmartSelect_20210513-215243_MV Chart 2.jpg

we all live and learn my friend .....

N

Maybe the moderator will change the title for you? I'm not sure who that would be

Closing price of the Dow Jones - 14th May 2021.

The chart I posted yesterday showed the Advance/Decline Oscillator crossing the zero line back into the GREEN which was a "bullish" signal. That proved to come true today with the DOW rising 360 points. Some of my main "Holy Grail" indicators are now giving a "Buy" (long) single which could mean the DOW is about to move to the upside in the short to mid-term. Personally I think the DOW is going to try and make it to all time highs again soon. On my 3 month (1 day bar) chart there is a "Pivot Point" support level at 34,102 and a resistance level at 34,815.

SmartSelect_20210514-211545_Finance.jpg

This is one of my favourite indicators. Its called the Bollinger %B indicator. As you can see the blue line at the bottom has crossed the 50 mark and is reading 53 which is a "Buy" (long) signal on the DOW. There are no guarantees though the DOW will rise next week because the indicator could change if the DOW was to fall in the days ahead.

SmartSelect_20210514-230432_MV Chart 2.jpg

But all these indicators you have are useless without a trading methodology

Last edited: