I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

At the end of trading today on the DOW (Thursday 22nd April 2021). Buy or Sell?

Untitled 354.jpg

neither, i'd never make a trading decision based on a daily chart.
and one day Batsonar, neither will you.
I don't do "day trading". I can't spend all day looking at charts. I just look at the charts at the end of the day and make a decision, that way you are not tied down to watching charts all day getting "emotional" about it all. I only spend about 30 minuets at the end of the day that works for me and always will. I am a mid-term trader.

I don't do "day trading". I can't spend all day looking at charts. I just look at the charts at the end of the day and make a decision, that way your not tied down to watching charts all day getting "emotional" about it all. I only spend about 30 minuets at the end of the day that works for me and always will.
Not talking about day trading, im talking about making a decision even at the end of the day. Its all just noise
you'll get there in the end, you'll continue looking to improve your indicators and hopefully in the not too distant future you'll look at weekly charts, then perhaps variations of other chart types. heiken ashi, renko for example. You may even go out as far as monthly, then you'll probably come back in again and you'll see what you've been missing. you're still on your journey, I get it, but I've already said your a perfectionist. so you will. perhaps what ive just said will just open up another little journey for you. end of day is (and you've just hit it on your last post) so hard to tell. it just swings one way, then another. just noise

Not talking about day trading, im talking about making a decision even at the end of the day. Its all just noise
you'll get there in the end, you'll continue looking to improve your indicators and hopefully in the not too distant future you'll look at weekly charts, then perhaps variations of other chart types. heiken ashi, renko for example. You may even go out as far as monthly, then you'll probably come back in again and you'll see what you've been missing. you're still on your journey, I get it, but I've already said your a perfectionist. so you will. perhaps what ive just said will just open up another little journey for you. end of day is (and you've just hit it on your last post) so hard to tell. it just swings one way, then another. just noise
YES I am a perfectionist and yes I have taken many journeys over the years to get to my destination. I will always try different ways of trading until I "pin down" what works the best. There is always a new way to look at things in life and in trading techniques. There is one thing I will never do and that is "give up". I try things in trading that are "off the wall" and constantly mess about with the settings and parameters on my indicators until something "clicks". At the the end of the day the stock market is purely mathematical just like the universe. I believe there is a hidden order to the stock market and the secret to it is pure mathematics. There is a complicated not yet found mathematical formula to the stock market. It is my mission in life to find it. I have a very complex mind and I am extremely inquisitive. I understand complex patterns. I am also a Bible code expert with over 12 years experience.

Last edited:
is this supposed to be relevant to trading?
Yes recognising complex patterns. I see patterns in everything I look at including the universe. Everything is a mathematical system including life and especially the stock market.

YES I am a perfectionist ......
At the the end of the day the stock market is purely mathematical just like the universe. I believe there is a hidden order to the stock market and the secret to it is pure mathematics. There is a complicated not yet found mathematical formula to the stock market. I.....
The market is not like the universe, since the market is conscious.
The market is better understood as an organism, with temperament, hope, fear, energy, lethargy, etc.
I can see why you think the market is a mathematical puzzle, (I am with you with this), but only because we measure it in numbers.
Rather than finding a specific mathematical formula, I am finding statistical edges more productive. This may, or may not help.No specific trade is a measure of your system. It is the body of evidence you acquire over time that is the measure.
Took me years to learn that.
Still, really intriguing reading about your journey. Hope you are making trades on the way, rather looking for the perfect killer entry at the absolute top, and the perfect exit at the absolute bottom.
Hope you have a great weekend. Nice and sunny here.

The markets not a math equation waiting to be solved its a group of humans with there psychology of precious money dictating there next trade.

The market is not like the universe, since the market is conscious.
The market is better understood as an organism, with temperament, hope, fear, energy, lethargy, etc.
I can see why you think the market is a mathematical puzzle, (I am with you with this), but only because we measure it in numbers.
Rather than finding a specific mathematical formula, I am finding statistical edges more productive. This may, or may not help.No specific trade is a measure of your system. It is the body of evidence you acquire over time that is the measure.
Took me years to learn that.
Still, really intriguing reading about your journey. Hope you are making trades on the way, rather looking for the perfect killer entry at the absolute top, and the perfect exit at the absolute bottom.
Hope you have a great weekend. Nice and sunny here.
Max Tegmark is a Swedish-American physicist, cosmologist and machine learning researcher. He once said, "The universe not just has some mathematical properties but it has ALL mathematical properties. He believes we are living in a computer simulation which I agree with.

if we're living in a simulation, then there's every chance Max Tegmark has never existed. suggesting there are no mathematical properties in the universe at all. indeed if this is a sim, what universe is there? surely the "universe" is only made up. that earth is merely the concept of the architects' imagination.

The Dow Jones closed today Friday the 23rd April 2021 at 34,043.82 +227.92 (+0.67%).

Horrible sideways trading for the last few days. My indicators are really confused ha ha lol. No clear direction to buy or sell. Price keeps fluctuating from day to day and is impossible to trade.

Applied 10 day Exponential MA as a signal line to Advance Decline Line - Calculate Advance Decline Line - Histogram is reading
20.26 (in the green). The last time it turned negative (in the red) and a "sell" signal was on the 19th March 2021. This is the only indicator that appears to be consistent at the moment.

A nice documentary thanks

Here's a quote at around 47mins in:

"with the success of mathematical models in Physics its easy to overlook where they don't work that well like in weather forecast...., the stock market, interactions of neurons in the brain, much of human psychology and parts of biology... "

The Dow Jones closed today Friday the 23rd April 2021 at 34,043.82 +227.92 (+0.67%).

Horrible sideways trading for the last few days. My indicators are really confused ha ha lol. No clear direction to buy or sell. Price keeps fluctuating from day to day and is impossible to trade.

Applied 10 day Exponential MA as a signal line to Advance Decline Line - Calculate Advance Decline Line - Histogram is reading
20.26 (in the green). The last time it turned negative (in the red) and a "sell" signal was on the 19th March 2021. This is the only indicator that appears to be consistent at the moment.
Dont know if this helps, but...
If you have lots of signals very close together in both time and price, then clearly the market is not trending, I find that it makes sense to step back and say the market is in non-trend mode (sideways); draw the upper and lower bounds of where the market is going sideways, and switch to break-out mode. Take the breakout trade, and infer trend resumption.
Or decide not to take a new signal unless it is "X" pips away from the rangey bits, inferring the trend has resumed in some definite direction. (it could be a spike, but you cant know that in advance)
You might have to experience 2-3 consecutive losses before you decide the market is ranging, but it allows you to not take anymore hits.

Closing price of Dow Jones on Monday the 26th April 2021.

Advance/Decline Line calculator - Histogram reading is 14.94 (in the Green). At the moment there in NO "Sell" (short) signal according to this indicator. A sell signal would be triggered when this indicator turns negative.

SmartSelect_20210426-211320_Finance.jpg

Last edited: