Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

NVDA was on my pre-market alert list and proved hot.

I traded it three times, the first and third using the method in this thread (the second was a small loser -11c using a different method). All winners and losers on my blog as always.

Here are the two using rising candles.

+131c per share
and
+132c a share

Attachments

• 161116NVDA.png
    161116NVDA.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 161116NVDAagain.png
    161116NVDAagain.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 342
Nice one today from my watch alert list

+206c per share sorts Christmas out :)

Attachments

• 171116FSLR.png
    171116FSLR.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 335
Mr Charts,

Good job on posting some very profitable trades! I have some questions I hope you can answer.

What is the size of your 2 monitors? Do you find that 2 monitors allow you to focus better?

How often do you glance at your 16 charts? How often do you scroll through your stock list? How often do you scan?

Do you have a consistent routine? Are you able to complete the routine even if you are in an open position?

If you normally on average have 20 stocks why do you not have all 20 charted instead of 16? How often do you look at the ones that are not charted?

Thanks,

MT

I think I addressed this type of questioning in my reply to you six months ago.
The actual size of my monitors and the precise number of stocks I am tracking isn't really significant. Nor do I count the number of times I look at a particular stock.

I think I addressed this type of questioning in my reply to you six months ago.
The actual size of my monitors and the precise number of stocks I am tracking isn't really significant. Nor do I count the number of times I look at a particular stock.

Hi Richard,

I've been following this thread since I joined. This thread and the charts you posted are amazing. This thread compelled me to register an account at T2W.

I'm just wondering the following:

1. When you are doing your daily watch list, do you also have a long or short bias on each of the stocks? Or do you just list the stocks to watch the chart and see how the price moves before determining a direction bias?

2. When shortlisting stocks, do you look at daily/weekly candles/charts to determine a direction bias? e.g. if the price of the charts on the daily is at resistance = short bias or something like this?

3. if you have any such watch-list bias set up before the trading sessions, do you generally trade in the direction of your biases or would you change your direction looking at the intraday charts as they form ?

4. do you do intermarket analysis ?

Thanks

Adrian

Tripe your money in stocks

If right stocks are chosen you can tripe your money in months.If you had put $5,000 into the pharmaceutical stock way back in 2010, you’d now be sitting on 52,378 today.

This depends on the kind of trades you pick,
Arena Pharmaceuticals was once a high-flying stock. Its share price skyrocketed in 2012, after the FDA approved its weight-loss pill, Belviq. But it's had a tough time selling the drug. Despite being on the market for three years now, net product sales were only $4.9 million last quarter.

This disappointing sales performance weighed heavily on the company's share price, which has been in free-fall ever since Beviq was first approved. In the past year alone, shares shed nearly half of their value.

And it is still going down.

Mr. C you seems to have good knowledge of stocks :O . I am a newbie, can you advice how to I learn like you. I also wanna make money.

Mr. Charts,

Can you explain to me how you form your daily trading watch list? I have read here on your thread that you read Briefing.com and scan the premarket for stocks and that you are looking for stocks that are stronger or weaker than the SPY/QQQ.

Do you then use a top down approach that you allows you to sort them out before the open?YES

Or do you look at them on a 1 minute chart to see how they are trading and what levels they are near at the open?YES

How does the SPY/QQQ factor into what you are looking for in the premarket?TELLS ME WHICH WAY, IF ANY, THE WIND IS BLOWING

Thanks,

MT
R.

A nice one today to start the new year.
Clean, obvious mover from scan after market opened.

Attachments

• 040117GILD.png
    040117GILD.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 380
Hi Richard,

Hoping you'd be able to answer a few questions:).

I normally trade US Futs in the UK evening but am finding the action around these mkt highs recently v difficult, most of the readable moves are over before I switch on.....so thought I would investigate US stocks.

I notice that this thread is now 9 yrs old and ur interview here 7, so I'd like to ask the following:
Do you still use esignal scanner? I left them a few years ago for Sierra Chart so wouldn't want to go back. Looks like Finviz would be a decent standalone one would you have any comments?
Do you still use IB for ur trades or have you found someone better?
For your preparation you look at the news, do you subscribe to a news feed or a is there a good freebie somewhere?
Finally if you could trade only the US PM, would you do anything differently to how you trade the AM?

Many thanks, T

Hi Richard,

Hoping you'd be able to answer a few questions:).

I normally trade US Futs in the UK evening but am finding the action around these mkt highs recently v difficult, most of the readable moves are over before I switch on.....so thought I would investigate US stocks.

I notice that this thread is now 9 yrs old and ur interview here 7, so I'd like to ask the following:
Do you still use esignal scanner? NO
I left them a few years ago for Sierra Chart so wouldn't want to go back. Looks like Finviz would be a decent standalone one would you have any comments? APPARENTLY GOOD
Do you still use IB for ur trades or have you found someone better? IB
For your preparation you look at the news, YES
do you subscribe to a news feed BRIEFING.COM
or a is there a good freebie somewhere?
Finally if you could trade only the US PM, would you do anything differently to how you trade the AM? NO

Many thanks, T

Answers above

Great thanks.

I see the IB scanner gets good press in places might as well try that as it's free within TWS.

Cheers T

My pleasure.
There are one or two scanning features on eSignal not available on interactive but there is no effective difference in actual trading.
R

Hi T,
Have a look at Trade Ideas also for your scans. It is a paid for service but highly customisable and will help you generate trade setups especially as you only wish to trade the last hour of US trading? I trade the 1st few hours only myself generally concentrating on stocks that have gapped up/down, have a catalyst/news and volume but I have a reversal scanner that I watch also.
Thanks
Darren

The methods keep on working. This was a really nice one from my pre market list , chosen because it had gapped on excellent results.
A cracking good start to the day with a two minute trade netting 85c per share.
That's $850 for a 1000 shares and pro rata of course for smaller or larger sizes.

Attachments

• 210217CYH.png
    210217CYH.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 291
Sometimes, but with stocks there are so many more opportunities for this method and the others I use.