Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Two out of six trades today using this method.
Both of these were pre-market alerts.

P +37c per share

AAPL +113c per share

Attachments

• 130916P.png
    130916P.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 130916AAPL.png
    130916AAPL.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 304
I'm sorry, I don't fully understand your question.
i didnot ask it well.
i mean i am going to add it to my alert list today, but i cant understand trend of this stock previous day. How to watch it eventually at the end of day: does it has up trend or still down trend ?
1.png
ptrintscreen at 16:00 NY time.

Hi,

Can you tell me what you use to scan for these movers?

I use interactive brokers scanner same as you have and I set the criteria to movers volume within last 3mins, is this sufficient to catch these movers?

I seem to get stuck in slow moving stocks. I have read the thread but not found the info,

Thanks
C

i didnot ask it well.
i mean i am going to add it to my alert list today, but i cant understand trend of this stock previous day. How to watch it eventually at the end of day: does it has up trend or still down trend ?
View attachment 229272
ptrintscreen at 16:00 NY time.

I think I responded in post#2626.
Stocks move up and down and most high probability trades are from stocks which show clear behaviour such as trending and some other patterns of behaviour which are not discussed in this thread. Trade stocks where the moves are obvious not difficult to discern. That is the whole point in trading stocks. There are so many you can usually find some which are clear and obvious, why bother with the unclear ones? Apart from which there is no situational awareness in a one day snap shot.
For example, consider news and overall market behaviour. If the market were collapsing that would increase the probability of the stock turning south.

Hi,

Can you tell me what you use to scan for these movers?

I use interactive brokers scanner same as you have and I set the criteria to movers volume within last 3mins, is this sufficient to catch these movers?

I seem to get stuck in slow moving stocks. I have read the thread but not found the info,

Thanks
C

I'm sure I have mentioned several times that I look at %age change. I would never consider movers volume over three minutes as a search criterion.

I'm sure I have mentioned several times that I look at %age change. I would never consider movers volume over three minutes as a search criterion.

Thanks, i will review my setup. I just couldn't find exactly your setup.

For your search criteria, do you just use percentage change as an indicator and then look at volume on chart?

Thanks
C

Last edited:
I use %age change and have minimum volume criteria depending on time of day and conditions. By conditions I mean, for example, I have lower volume criteria on say an FOMC day, or in the middle of August.

I use %age change and have minimum volume criteria depending on time of day and conditions. By conditions I mean, for example, I have lower volume criteria on say an FOMC day, or in the middle of August.

Thank you for your time to explain. I see real value in this method if executed correctly.

I've set the % change to dual sort so i have long/short biggest % change. I also set a minimum volume to weed out non trending or non liquid stocks.

Once the scanner filters I i just click through the ticker symbols and look for setup on the corresponding charts, ascending/ descending candles with volume.
I use 1 min & 3 min as you suggested but I also have longer TF open for reference, I also keep an index chart open to gauge overall market direction.

Am I on the right track here or do you wait for stocks to appear on the scanner rather than clicking through stocks?

Thank you for your time, I know your busy.

C

Good stuff :) Yes, you're on the right track :)
I click through the stocks on my list and also run the scanner for new and developing opportunities.
Good trading to you,
Richard

I think I responded in post#2626.
Stocks move up and down and most high probability trades are from stocks which show clear behaviour such as trending and some other patterns of behaviour which are not discussed in this thread. .
that stock had good premarket next day.
i think you understood what i am talking about.
should i ask it in more details?

Last edited:
These methods keep on working well in most stock markets and often on indices FX etc as well.
Self control and waiting for the right high probability opportunity combined with tight stops for the ones which don't work out to keep any losers small are key.
NFLX was picked up on a scan during market hours.

Attachments

• 051016NFLX.png
    051016NFLX.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 364
RAI was a more volatile stock but you can adjust your position size accordingly as suggested earlier in this thread. It was a pre-market choice.
We are now into results season so one of the best times :)
Winners and losers all on my blog as always.

Attachments

• 211016RAI.png
    211016RAI.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 276
If a stock on my alert list starts to really shift I often jump on board the rising (or falling) candles once they are established even if it hasn't been preceded by a strong trend as strong trends can develop any time. NFLX today was a good example.
I traded NFLX three times today:
+95c per share
+52c
-12c

Attachments

• 241016NFLX.png
    241016NFLX.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 300
Ideally I do like many thousands of shares traded per minute.
Interpreting volume is a large subject which is poorly understood by most amateurs who cleave to conventional beliefs and myths.
Remember that a red or green volume bar simply means price finished lower or higher than when that bar's time period began and also that every trade is both a buy and a sell.

I just love BABA :D

Two of my trades today were the rising/falling candle method.

Attachments

• 271016BABA.png
    271016BABA.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 271016BABAsecondtrade.png
    271016BABAsecondtrade.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 262
As a new trader I’m trying different strategies with demo account to find a way to make more bucks. So as I was trying hedging I could not get the idea of how people make money with this strategy?! So I started hedging with one account so I paid double spread! Then when one of the orders started making profit I closed the other one in negative profit and waited for a while. Then the trend reversed and made my position in negative profit! Maybe I donno how to hedge however I cannot get why someone would pay double spread for a trade which no one can predict.

Thinking about which US sectors should benefit from the result:
Oil
Military
Pharmas
Gold
and maybe bios

Pharmas proved to be hot yesterday and provided a cracking good day's trading - some minor compensation for Trump's victory ! LOL

Hello everyone, I want to share my experience. I only traded assets which have sufficient information for analysis. I'm using more information than many traders. Professional suppliers of information cannot know all that is happening in the company or industry. So if you want to trade with a big profit then first of all have a true picture of what is happening. Talk to people, they will gladly tell you about their work. Sorry for my English. :rolleyes: