Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

LUV was a nice one from my pre-market list today, producing a profit of 77c per share. I then traded it again shortly afterwards and lost 4c on the second trade. They don't always work but I always keep the losers small.
This is the first trade.
I exited as it looked like it was reversing, which is obvious from the chart.

Attachments

• 071215LUV.png
    071215LUV.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 290
It's always nice to re-start trading after a break with a nice juicy profit.
BABA was a premarket alert. I traded it earlier using another of my methods and made +33c a share and then used the method discussed in this thread for another +85c share.

Attachments

• 040116BABA.png
    040116BABA.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 249
Seven trades today, two using the method in this thread.
TWX failed and I lost -6c on the rising candles. After I exited it went up :D
Some trades are bound to fail but the key for me is to keep the losers small. I trade on the evidence I see in front of my eyes at the time so the decision is correctly taken no matter what happens afterwards, hence no regrets ! You can't see the future perfectly, but trading is a probability business and you learn to play the probabilities with good rules and methods for consistent profits.

The other was a falling candles trade which netted a juicy +98c per share profit on ESV. I shorted just before the uptick rule kicked in and my exit timing was spot on/fortunate as the stock was halted shortly afterwards for a few minutes.
All results on my blog as usual.

Attachments

• 060116TWX.png
    060116TWX.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 060116ESV.png
    060116ESV.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 213
APC was a pre-market alert and started to move down before open so I concentrated on it from the get-go.
+40c a share

Attachments

• 070116APC.png
    070116APC.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 239
Here's one from today. I scanned and alerted WRK after its first strong leg up on rising candles (which I had missed whilst trading something else with a different set up pattern) whilst it was in that consolidation and decided to wait and see if it resumed its northward move. As soon as it headed up again I went long and gained 57c per share. Anyone familiar with US stocks will know why to have ignored that down wick, of course !
All today's results on my blog as always.

Several of my methods (including of course the one on this thread) can also be used on other trading instruments, FX, non-US stocks, indices etc., so just because I like US stocks doesn't mean they can't be used on other markets !

Attachments

• 290116WRK.png
    290116WRK.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 281
I am in the process of trying to fully automate this strategy (in the very early stages). I have started by trying to come close to matching your trades and although I know I need to add quite a few more filters to what I currently have, I am curious about this trade from yesterday. Not really this trade per se, but moreso why you didn't take the one after it (I checked your website and it wasn't listed).

I believe the trades the system picked up are both valid and matching the system outlined in this thread (please let me know if I am wrong though). So, is there any reason you did not take the second one shown in that image? I believe it was actually valid one candle before the system entered. If I remember right I have the system set now so it enters only after a full candle forms above the high which is why it didn't enter the previous candle. But even with this it would have made a good trade at ~$0.40/share as shown.

You show a pointer at 78.02 for BABA, then you have shown another graph for BABA at 77.75. The first graph says buy 1000 BABA @ 78.02. Where did you exit? You did not post a graph annotated with a sell arrow? Did you exit at 77.75? BABA closed at 67.03. You have not posted a follow up.

BABA_Bid_Ask_January_2_Hour_Candles.png

Last edited:
CRM was one of my pre-market alerts which actually started waterfalling before open so the falling candles method came into play.
A very nice juicy +170c per share (that's $1700 for a 1000 share position, and pro rata for any size position ) was a great start to trading today.
I always like to see what is happening before open as sometimes you get a really great mover like this,

Attachments

• 050216CRM.png
    050216CRM.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 287
CRM was one of my pre-market alerts which actually started waterfalling before open so the falling candles method came into play.
A very nice juicy +170c per share (that's $1700 for a 1000 share position, and pro rata for any size position ) was a great start to trading today.
I always like to see what is happening before open as sometimes you get a really great mover like this,

Where was the follow up to this? Where was your entry? Are you still holding it?

Here is a simple one from this afternoon. I ran a scan a few minutes after market open and spotted this one with falling candles. If I'd run the scan a little earlier I'd have found it sooner and would have been in sooner for a greater profit, but I was busy with another profitable trade.
ESV +35c per share.
My other winners and losers are on my blog.

I know from emails many people have used some of my methods on other things like Forex, Indices, and shares on UK and other national stock markets and they do work pretty well, though the opportunities are fewer. If you are in sync with the market and can learn to read what is happening there is no reason why some of my methods can't be used on other trading instruments. Personally I really like US stocks as the hours (1430 to 2100 UK time) suit me.

Attachments

• 080316ESV.png
    080316ESV.png
    11 KB · Views: 253
Here is a simple one from this afternoon. I ran a scan a few minutes after market open and spotted this one with falling candles. If I'd run the scan a little earlier I'd have found it sooner and would have been in sooner for a greater profit, but I was busy with another profitable trade.
ESV +35c per share.
My other winners and losers are on my blog.

I know from emails many people have used some of my methods on other things like Forex, Indices, and shares on UK and other national stock markets and they do work pretty well, though the opportunities are fewer. If you are in sync with the market and can learn to read what is happening there is no reason why some of my methods can't be used on other trading instruments. Personally I really like US stocks as the hours (1430 to 2100 UK time) suit me.

It appears you did not maximise this trade..is there a specific reason why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 03-13-16 at 07.08 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-13-16 at 07.08 PM.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 160
It appears you did not maximise this trade..is there a specific reason why?

Overall exit rules are on the first few pages of the thread. It was a momentum play, so the exit was at the point of momentum dying off. The next bar would have been an exit anyway as per the mechanical rules.

Just out of interest - how would you have managed your exit if you were short? What information had you seen to tell you there was more downside to come ?