Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Ambrose Ackroyd is back !!
070802_orangutan_hmed_10a-rp600x350-1.jpg

Just six trades today, only one using the falling candles method on this thread.

BABA was a pre-market alert.
Choose, wait, watch, take the opportunity.
+120c per share profit.

Attachments

• 111115BABA.png
    111115BABA.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 201
Could have entered earlier, but was watching several stocks and also the spread was a bit wide earlier.
I like things to settle down a bit so the probability of success is as high as possible with a more reasonable spread.

As on the last posting, BABA is a favourite stock at the moment.
Again today it produced a very nice move using the method in this thread.
+86c profit per share.
That's $860 for a 1000 share position and obviously pro rata for any position size.
BABA has paid for Christmas in those two trades ! :cool:

Attachments

• 161115BABA.png
    161115BABA.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 179
As on the last posting, BABA is a favourite stock at the moment.
Again today it produced a very nice move using the method in this thread.
+86c profit per share.
That's $860 for a 1000 share position and obviously pro rata for any position size.
BABA has paid for Christmas in those two trades ! :cool:

I am in the process of trying to fully automate this strategy (in the very early stages). I have started by trying to come close to matching your trades and although I know I need to add quite a few more filters to what I currently have, I am curious about this trade from yesterday. Not really this trade per se, but moreso why you didn't take the one after it (I checked your website and it wasn't listed).

I believe the trades the system picked up are both valid and matching the system outlined in this thread (please let me know if I am wrong though). So, is there any reason you did not take the second one shown in that image? I believe it was actually valid one candle before the system entered. If I remember right I have the system set now so it enters only after a full candle forms above the high which is why it didn't enter the previous candle. But even with this it would have made a good trade at ~$0.40/share as shown.

I didn't take the later one because I missed it ! When I'm trading something I concentrate on that trade plus I'm posting live alerts plus I'm running scans from time to time, so occasionally I do miss trades !
There are a couple of trades so far today, one falling candles, one rising candles which I grabbed screen shots of, so I'll post them here a little later

I've reported post #2530 for mentioning the C word.
Bah humbug! :)

I most humbly apologise for that unforgivable act of reckless vandalism on this board. I do hope you enjoyed Diwali, followed by the Birth of Baha'u'llah and are really looking forward to the Birthday of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Thanksgiving, Chanukah and something else, I forget what, on Dec 25.
Oh, and Happy New Year ! :p

Seven trades today, five winners, two losers.
Two trades used the method in this thread.

UVE +66c a share

and BABA just keeps on giving :) +48c a share

Attachments

• 181115UVE.png
    181115UVE.png
    20 KB · Views: 185
  • 181115BABA.png
    181115BABA.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 192
CRM was one of my pre-market alerts and started rocketing from the get-go (American for market open).
Once I was confident it was going to rise further, I went long at the pointer and exited as shown when price started to pull back.
A very nice +69c to start the session.
After that it was a bit choppy and I had 7 other trades, four modest wins and three small losers.
As always, I try and take opportunities, but never trade just for the sake of trading.
If someone has the over-trading urge (a recognised and debilitating trading disease - usually fatal :D ) it might be worth thinking that you are there in front of your screen to make money, not to merely trade.

Attachments

• 191115CRM.png
    191115CRM.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 179
CRM was one of my pre-market alerts and started rocketing from the get-go (American for market open).
Once I was confident it was going to rise further, I went long at the pointer and exited as shown when price started to pull back.
so did you buy on second approach of .50 level?
or
did you buy on first approach of .50 and hold when price retraced?

Last edited:
BABA has pretty solid fundamentals, although I am a bit reticent to invest any large stake considering the amount of scams that take place on their hub. They don't exactly have the most sterling reputation:

http://www.chinaimportal.com/blog/alibaba-scams-3-common-types-avoid/

Because they are not in the insurance business. Alibaba.com is a B2B platform allowing Chinese suppliers and international buyers to meet. With millions of listed suppliers (including companies that claim to be a supplier, but are not), it’s impossible for Alibaba.com to monitor them all.

Besides, in many cases things go wrong, even if the supplier has the best intentions. In fact, the importer is to blame more often than one might think. Many importers assume that if they only tell the supplier to offer products of “the best price and the best quality”, everything will be just fine. However, there’s no universal definition of “good quality”. I keep saying that in every second article I write, but people still keep making this mistake over and over again.

They've made headway in the past few years breaking into new markets, but I wonder how they will deal with the more regulated market in North America.

And another like CRM.....

ANF (pre-market alert) +56c a share

Attachments

• 201115ANF.png
    201115ANF.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 268