Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

OK - so in summary.

You haven't tried this method.
You posted on this thread & didn't get the type of reply you expected (what color bullet points did you want ?)
Everyone not on your side counts as 'sheep'.

Given your tone, I presume you are quite a profitable trader, right ? I guess the threads you started so far were just playing with us ? I look forward to your own thread showing all a profitable way to trade.

By the way - Trader Dante has some threads showing trading methods too - I think you may be needed over there to tear him to shreds.

No because imvho its not a method

I did not expect any answer, nobody else gets a proper one, why should I be any different

I had done my research, he cannot give a good one imvho........ surprise me

I do not care who is or is not on my side

which threads do you refer to ?

yes quiet profitable when my emotions are kept in check ........ = not consistent

trader dante defends himself / method and posts made and does not require any help doing it ..... he usually answers the question ..... but not always .... he is a bit of a cherry picker :) those faults aside

he gives a clear entry, Stop location ran through all exit possibilities, covered all areas that caused confusion in many many posts

in short its a full method that anybody can follow and evaluate for themselves

imho any comparison is totally unfair on trader dante, trader dante fielded all posts and questions from every direction including myself for a very long time

Andy

Tenbobtrader - would it help you to know that I have actually made $$$ from the info here & the info Mr Charts gave me for free (which was related to selection of stocks to monitor) ?

Sorry to burst yer bubble. There's some code on here for TS to help you do the same thing too.

Pedro01

good posts, much better than the rubber biscuit one :)

very happy your making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

OK - let me first say - THIS IS MY OWN WORK - if someone wants to claim breach of copyright on this - please prove it.

Take a look at the screen shot attached.

Put the indicator on a radar screen and sort by "Trend" - hey presto, all the stocks from your list that are trending and at high/low of the day as per Mr Charts method will be at the top.

I hope it helps. I find 3 min bars suit me the best.

Trend - no of bars trending (only displayed if high/low of day)
Risk - distance from prior bar high/low (your exit point as per the strategy)
ATR - errr... ATR
QTY - max number of shares you should trade based on the higher of the ATR or Risk cents. You need to tell it your account size & risk % for this to be accurate

Any issues - PM me or post here & I'll update it.

Next step of course is a program to handle the exits once you are in a trade. So - you could just hit a button when you get in & then just let TS handle the exist whilst you look for other opportunities.

Cheers

Pete

All

I found this method requires fast fingers if you have a few positions on at a time, so here's an ELD.

Idea is that you put this strategy on a chart window but disable it. When you are ready to buy, just enable the strategy and it will instantly buy as well as put a stop order at the low of the last bar.

Make sure you test, test, test & make any adjustments you need before running it on your live account please !!

Code:
[IntrabarOrderGeneration = True];
Inputs : QtyOverride(0), AccountSize(25000), RiskPercent(.25), MaxTradeValue(0) ; ;
Vars : intrabarpersist Done(false), intrabarpersist RiskCents(0), intrabarpersist NumShares(0);
if marketposition = 1 or GetPositionQuantity(GetSymbolName, GetAccountID) <> 0 then done = true;
if GetAppInfo( aiRealTimeCalc ) = 1 then begin 
    if done = false then begin
  RiskCents = (Close - Low[1]) + .01;
  NumShares = ((AccountSize / 100) * RiskPercent) / Highest(RiskCents,AvgTrueRange(14)) ;
  if MaxTradeValue <> 0 then NumShares = minlist(NumShares,intportion(MaxTradeValue / Close));
  if QtyOverride <> 0 then NumShares = QtyOverride;
  buy NumShares contract next bar market ; 
 end;
 if NumShares = 0 then NumShares = GetPositionQuantity(GetSymbolName, GetAccountID);
    Sell NumShares contract next bar Low[1] Stop ; 
end ;

Qty Override - number of shares to buy if you don't want the system to calculate
AccountSize -
RiskPercent - Risk per trade (%)
MaxTradeValue - max number of dollars to commit to a trade (total, not risk total)

Enjoy

I am very happy other traders find the free guidance given by Richard of real use

I have repp"d some of the mans posts (not just to book mark the thread, something I sometimes do) but because I thought they were good posts and advice

the post I made was made in the tone that many find unacceptable because imvho any queries on this thread were met with hostile, condescending and over aggressive answers by individuals who appeared to answer on his behalf

their tone was the tone a bully or thug would use to get their own way - Richard later appeared to endorse their answers with a repp"y point

not everyone gets it 123 - aA bB cC and questions are to be expected

aware Richard does an e-mail answer service but it does not really help thread continuality, just my opinion perhaps

anyways ...........

cut from my out of tune post ~

"you state your a full time trader for 10 yrs, you must be aware a half method is no method at all Richard

perhaps you could if you get some spare time post exact guidance to entry criterior without T&S

strongly trending 1-3 min tf is open to misinterpretation judging by some of the posted charts by others

your criterior for not entering

your definition of S & R nearby (reason given for no valid entry) ............. pdh & low or other S&R definition you consider ?

perhaps a 1-10 bullet list might help , the thread is 60 ish pages long"

bullet list was just a thought, no offence intended :)

have no problem with burst bubble kind of people - most great leaps forward are made in wartime

carry on

later (away for 2 days, expect to require a brand new bubble upon my return)

Andy

For anyone wishing for a bullet-point summary from the thread so they don't have to wade through pages of posts... just wade through the posts. It'll take a couple of hours max.

For those wishing to make money from this method without the L2 information.

1 - You will need something to alert you to these opportunities as they arise. I posted a radar screen for TS that shows you when a stock is trending in this manner AND at the high/low of the day. You could in fact add more to that such as strength relative to an index.

2 - Before 1 - you will need to decide what to put on your radar screen/scanner. Should it be your favourite list of stocks, stocks in the news, stocks with earnings, stocks that have gapped up, stocks with none of those ? A lot of stocks would be nice BUT it'll kill your scanner/radar screen if you are looking through too much.

3 - Will you add any additional confirmation yourself before entering a trade ? Let's presume you need more than 1 reason to get into any trade. You could use this entry technique as one of your reasons. What else fits ? Perhaps you also want to use a daily MA, other S&R levels etc.

Anyone have any ideas ? We have to make these things fit our own personalities, trading style & experience.

If we can get back on the rails I'll explain in detail the following trades from today.
Long BEN on the cross hairs.
Exited half for +$1.07 per share - first chart
Exited rest for +$1.55 per share - second chart

Attachments

• BEN exited half.GIF
    BEN exited half.GIF
    27.9 KB · Views: 318
Hi Mr Charts

Question

entry made after little consolidation, rising 20 as per

noticed over the thread exits are very often made on an increase of volume (standard bars) is that significant to you or is the fine tune entry exit only off T&S / order book info ?

this one shows drop off in volume ..... same question (sorry if you have made post on volume / do not remember reading one)

reasons for exit on this one

why did you not give the 2nd part any breath room or did you at a T & S level ?

S & R ........ just pdh & pdl or other

was instrument at judged R or judged to be close

I ask because looking at chart I would be expecting a pull back but could be tempted to wait to see if another little consolidation forms

or

do you just re-set and consider re-entry / another bite / same setup / same instrument if opportunity presents

while I am asking questions :)

longer tf analysis pre market for potential S & R used or not, or is it just the story that day and conditions met in lower tf

if the poster of the question has offended you (wild horse cannot take back) might help others if you pretend I am someone else

some days I am :)

latter

Andy

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...58-how-would-you-play-setup-4.html#post853198

thanks for your answer Richard

hope you don"t mind me moving it to the correct thread :)

each 2 their own truth I guess ~

"Just looked at this for the first time so haven't seen the unexpurgated original.

Personally I only trade situations which are reasonably clear, clean and unequivocal. I see no point in trying to read what is difficult to read because the probability of being wrong is too high; apart from often having to have wider stops the probability of the price not moving very far is higher.
With US stocks you can almost always find charts which are reasonably clear, clean and unequivocal, so I can use tighter stops and have a higher probability of success and a larger move.
For me the trading business is a probability business involving the minimisation of risk and taking only high probability situations to maximise profits.
If it isn't clear I don't trade it.
Keeps life simple and profitable.

Otherwise take notice of what mr.marcus says :)
Richard

later

Andy

Today has been very choppy, but even so there are usually opportunities for this set up.
The stock had been strongly trending and there were in fact earlier opportunities to make money using exactly the same method. I was trading other stocks and picked this one up from my scanner just a few minutes before it set up and triggered.
Even without level 2 skills someone purely trading the chart would have exited according to the chart rule I've mentioned several times at 28.49 and picked themselves up +34c
SLG +53c

Richard

Attachments

• 040809SLG.GIF
    040809SLG.GIF
    27.8 KB · Views: 276
Nothing hectic about this trade, just a nice gentle intra day swing taking a nice bite out of the move.
Richard

This one today was NOT for beginners, only for the experienced and decisive,
because there was a 10c-12c spread on it and it was volatile. In this scenario you also need to use a smaller position size to control a worst case loss.
Entry on the red cross hairs as always and exit at time of screen shot as always.
Had price fallen to under 146.90 after entry I would have exited.
When price took out the low of the previous candle that signaled my exit.
+$1.70 per share on the actual fills.

Attachments

• 100809PCLN.GIF
    100809PCLN.GIF
    26.5 KB · Views: 285
For me. a fundamental truth of trading is that you can only guess at the potential reward, it's not knowable, but you CAN control your maximum loss - that is knowable because you can choose where to exit.
In a more slowly moving stock you can normally exit within a cent or so of where you choose, but in a stock like this one your fill might be several cents away as it's more volatile.
Richard

My losing trades look exactly like the winning ones at the time of entry. In fact there is a losing trade I posted here early in the thread which you could look at.
I'm happy to post some of the losing ones but they are few and far between, most succeed.

I have also repeatedly emphasised in earlier posts that some trades do fail as is inevitable; trading is not about certainties, it's a probability business.

Keep the losers small and follow the exit rules and people can test and see for themselves.

My losing trades look exactly like the winning ones at the time of entry. In fact there is a losing trade I posted here early in the thread which you could look at.
I'm happy to post some of the losing ones but they are few and far between, most succeed.

Hi Richard,

The majority of charts posted on this thread show picture perfect charts with perfect entries/exits,if you were to call these live i wonder how things would look then ? Would be interesting to see ?

Regards
Graham

Every single stock on this thread was alerted LIVE to the members of my private site IN ADVANCE of the trade being taken. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT, mods, my site is by invitation only, so nobody here should bother to ask to join.
I use about a dozen set ups, of which this thread is about only one, and the trigger for the trade is usually BUT NOT ALWAYS what I see on level 2 T&S.
I cannot say "I will go long at 53.75" or something like that because it depends on how price behaves as it approaches the particular level. Is the price level going to be brushed aside or is price going to be rejected from that key level.
If this thread is read carefully it will be seen that many times my entry point was NOT perfect, NOT optimal, often later than ideal. But still profitable.
Again the exit point was sometimes at or very close to what later proved to be a pivot point.
At other times I exited too early. But still profitable.
In other words "picture perfect charts with perfect entries/exits" is simply wrong.
Anyone reading the charts on this thread can see I was frequently in later than perfect and anyone looking at the charts on their own data feed of what happened later will see sometimes the exits were good, sometimes too early. But still profitable.
The last chart clearly shows I would have been more profitable entering earlier than I did and more profitable exiting earlier than I did.

I have used capitals for emphasis, NOT because I'm shouting.

Graham,
In addition to Richard's comments, I think it's worth adding that live calls are great for the ego of the caller (if s/he gets them right, tehe!) and possibly for their bank balance too if they charge a subscription service. However, for the members following this thread and wondering if the ideas presented are useful for them - or not - then live calls won't help very much. The value of threads like this is that the onus is on each individual trader to take the methodology as described, study the chart examples given and then try and apply it for themselves. The amount of money Richard makes or, even, if he makes any at all, will not help anyone to determine how much they would make if they applied the same methodology. Indeed, many peeps will conclude that trading U.S. stocks in this way does not 'fit' with their personality, trading style and objectives. At least they will, hopefully, have learnt something about themselves and the markets which they might not otherwise do if they were just following live calls.
Tim.