Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
tightened up stop on uscad as price is getting close to big trend line

Attachments

• uscad.gif
    uscad.gif
    22 KB · Views: 678
nice one spurs, thats a nice trade indeed, looks like one of TD's examples its so 'right'

Guys,

Great thread and thanks for all your contributions so far. I was just wondering how often you prefer to update your support/resistance, trends, fibs etc. I imagine it would be at different intervals for each however if you could give an indication I'd appreciate it.

Also, when checking so many markets, do you still try to place orders etc on the hour, ie just as soon as the pin has formed. What if you get round to checking your last market at 30 minutes past the hour for instance? What then?

Hope I'm making sense!

Thanks

welcome greg,i really cant stress enough do not go chasing hourly pins till you have got used to the daily timeframes,as for s/r lines once you are happy with them on your charts leave them on.s/r lines can be an exact number or a zone,take your time the market will always be there

Thanks for the reply superspurs. I try to be sensible about my trades but admittedly sometimes the temptation is there just to be in the game. This is something I am trying to stamp out. I stupidly frittered away £500 of my profit earlier this week. Should have ringfenced it, especially with my (lack of) experience.

I have looked at daily timeframes as well as the 1/2/3/4 hourlies, and it seems that the hourlies present more opportunities. But as often said through this thread, patience is the game.

Thanks again for the reply.

Greg

PS, how you liking Alan Hutton? (Rangers fan :whistling )

Last edited:
alan hutton ranks right up there,top player,enjoy watching him,brings a lot of passion to the game.with bale on the left we have got a decent pair of fullbacks now.just gotta keep ledley king off the treatment table now

i know most of you watch forex,but if you watch bigger timeframes you can look for more and better opps in many markets.just my tuppence,after all we are not here to conquer the forex market but to make money.sorry rant over.not saying this is a dead cert by any means but worth a shot in my book.

Attachments

• barc.gif
    barc.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 667
  • barc1.gif
    barc1.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 627
Morning all.

Keep your eyes on Gold. Its touching a Daily support at around 870. Too early to tell but Pin bar may be forming on 1H.

Well, after seven months and over 250 pages I believe it is time to close this thread. I will always look back on it with fond memories as its tracked my progress from part time trader to professional which has been my dream for as long as I've been in this game.

The way in which I trade has been, I believe, clearly explained throughout but I simply don't have enough time to attend to the many questions that appear and think the growth prohibits many new readers from embarking on the journey in the first place. :)

Because I know that many of you are keen to discuss setups and trade management on open positions I have started a new thread here in which to do that: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/32991-potential-setups.html#post440732

I would like to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread and also apologise to those of you I am teaching personally that have to suffer my busy schedule.

Patience is your biggest ally in trading. Use it.

Best of luck to all of you.

Trader Dante...i have never posted on your thread but i am now following your teachings!..You have given a lot of fantastic advice and set both senior and newbie traders alike into a way of trading that if applied can be very rewarding..I would personally like to thank you for sharing all of this..You are a good man and i wish you every success in your future Thank you

well said tom,i know you have improved me as a trader,i thank you.good luck,good health and good fortune

thanx for everythingT_D,we will all be sorry to see you go.a lot of us have learned much from you and your thread,great stuff!!

good luck with your trading n cheers!

1pipped,superspurs,i hope you and everyone else will follow me to the new thread,my education isnt over yet!!! ;)

TD Big thanks from me too as you have definately improved my trading, and has been a great thread to read and post on. I hope your trading in future goes as well as this thread has gone !! :clover:

jonj Ill definately be joining on the new thread my education isnt over yet either I hope :)

Just wanted to add my thanks, feels like I've been trading with just one eye open before I read this thread.

Cheers
Richie

Status
Not open for further replies.