Who's making money?

I can guarantee the winners are the same ones still around posting over the three year mark the rest have fallen by the wayside

Last edited:
I had periods making money trading the DAX... but looking back. they were periods where anyone could make money. E.g January 2016, all you had to do was hit Sell and you'd make money. Again the first 3 months of 2015 was all about buying. I could bang on about how great my technical analysis was, but really it was just trends. When the markets go sideways I give it all back.

I used to have 50k in a trading account, i was a much better trader then. I made less trades, i only risked 0.5% of my account and was more in my comfort zone. But sadly that 50k went into a house deposit (well actually the house turned out to be a good investment)

When i went back into trading with a £3k account, Risking 2% with expectations of making 10% a month, thats when it all went downhill.

I don't get this 2% rule that everyone throws around the place. 5 losses in a row (which we all know is possible and have done I'm sure) and you're 10% down. I don't know what its like for you guys, but losing 10% over a couple of days is a massive massive head ****!

Last edited:
I used to have 50k in a trading account, i was a much better trader then. I made less trades, i only risked 0.5% of my account and was more in my comfort zone. But sadly that 50k went into a house deposit (well actually the house turned out to be a good investment)

but losing 10% over a couple of days is a massive massive head ****!

1-You have acted wisely re the house purchase.
2-agreed its hard to come back from losses-emotionally hard.

I agree. How much each one of us makes is a very personal thing. Only Nosy Parkers want to know and, in any case, most of the time it will be a pack of lies.

Well said, I fully agree, it is very personal thing that's why no many people are willing to talk about it.

Well said, I fully agree, it is very personal thing that's why no many people are willing to talk about it.

If you are actually posting proof of trading activity in your journal, then people can already see how much you are making. I know that posting proof of trades is a foreign concept for many. Why have a trading journal if you are not going to post trades with entry times, lot or share sizes and the financial instrument? What is the point?

If you don't have a fantasy island thread and have a proper trading thread, people will already be seeing how much you make with each trade and what your success ratio is.

Quest2016, DrSafari and I are already doing this.

1-You have acted wisely re the house purchase.
2-agreed its hard to come back from losses-emotionally hard.

Not if this was 2007 dude.......another market that is all about timing .......trading is timing timing timing .....that's the secret.......too,early and you get chopped....too late and you get retraced.....we all need to feed hungrily on market moves and shut up shop during the flat / chop phases.....

Trading is about being impressive defensively..(not trading).....we are -all generally good offensively in our trading systems

N:smart:

If you are actually posting proof of trading activity in your journal, then people can already see how much you are making. I know that posting proof of trades is a foreign concept for many. Why have a trading journal if you are not going to post trades with entry times, lot or share sizes and the financial instrument? What is the point?

If you don't have a fantasy island thread and have a proper trading thread, people will already be seeing how much you make with each trade and what your success ratio is.

Good,for,them (y)

All are new journals with just a few pages , safari doesnt post evidence and he posts after the event results - not live - . Your journal is new with no account size showing -so whats the point -and no followup to open positions .

If your account size is 350k and you hide an open poistion is 20k in the red because an unrealised loss is not a loss then there is no point to show us that you have made just 300 dollars in one of your latest trades .

All are new journals with just a few pages , safari doesnt post evidence and he posts after the event results - not live - . Your journal is new with no account size showing -so whats the point -and no followup to open positions .

I do follow up on my open positions. I am a swing trader and my position last a few days or even weeks. I do not need to tell you what is going on in between. I figure that most people have the internet and look at what the stock is doing themselves. I am the only who posts what they are going to buy beforehand.

I do not need to post my account size. I show the size of each of my trade. At least Dr. Safari tells us how many shares, the financial instrument and when. Very few people here describe their trades as well as him. Quest2016 posts screenshots of his trades, which very few people do. There are only three people doing that so far. Quest2016 and I are doing it here. ffsear is doing it in his sports betting thread in the foyer.

Posting after the event is fine and it is still better than what most people are doing. Posting a screenshot of your trade is by far better than typing "GU scalp this, +10 pips". There is no entry time for that post, nor is there any other identifying information for that post. To that, I say what is the point?

If your account size is 350k and you hide an open poistion is 20k in the red because an unrealised loss is not a loss then there is no point to show us that you have made just 300 dollars in one of your latest trades .

Yes, there is. You will see how much I made when I close that 20K-in-the-red trade. Since everyone will know what open positions I have, if you cannot calculate that I have a 20K-in-the-red trade in the interim, it is your fault. If I have said that I bought 1,000 shares of AAPL @ 100.00 and it drops to 80.00, then you know that I have an unrealized loss of $20,000 without me telling you.

I do follow up on my open positions. I am a swing trader and my position last a few days or even weeks. I do not need to tell you what is going on in between. I figure that most people have the internet and look at what the stock is doing themselves. I am the only who posts what they are going to buy beforehand.

I do not need to post my account size. I show the size of each of my trade. At least Dr. Safari tells us how many shares, the financial instrument and when. Very few people here describe their trades as well as him. Quest2016 posts screenshots of his trades, which very few people do. There are only three people doing that so far. Quest2016 and I are doing it here. ffsear is doing it in his sports betting thread in the foyer.

Posting after the event is fine and it is still better than what most people are doing. Posting a screenshot of your trade is by far better than typing "GU scalp this, +10 pips". There is no entry time for that post, nor is there any other identifying information for that post. To that, I say what is the point?

You dont need to put the size of the account and others dont need to put the size of their trades as well i dont see the difference . If you show us the size of your trades while hiding your account size then whats the point ? Maybe your account's size is 1 million dollars .

After the event journals are vulnerable to cherry picking and thus they lack credibility .

Yes, there is. You will see how much I made when I close that 20K-in-the-red trade. Since everyone will know what open positions I have, if you cannot calculate that I have a 20K-in-the-red trade in the interim, it is your fault. If I have said that I bought 1,000 shares of AAPL @ 100.00 and it drops to 80.00, then you know that I have an unrealized loss of $20,000 without me telling you.

What happened to nflx you bought it at 120 plus , it went all the way down to the 80s did you close ? -4000 points loss times size

What happened to nflx you bought it at 120 plus , it went all the way down to the 80s did you close ? -4000 points loss times size

If I did not say that I closed the trade, then I did not close the trade. My average price for NFLX is 113.00. NFLX is trading in the $101.00 region.