Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Superspurs! I think I will even give it some more space to breath. When I look at the EURUSD it also seems like a normal retracement of price

Thank you Superspurs! I think I will even give it some more space to breath. When I look at the EURUSD it also seems like a normal retracement of price

Hi Zishor

I actually took the short on the hourly Pin and it has now dropped sharply right down to the ascending Daily trendline. I nearly pulled this trade a couple of times because also thought this would go higher but in the end did what the charts were telling me at the time.

Look like it is bouncing off the trendline now. Did you get stopped out or have you managed to hang in there?

Hi Zishor

I actually took the short on the hourly Pin and it has now dropped sharply right down to the ascending Daily trendline. I nearly pulled this trade a couple of times because also thought this would go higher but in the end did what the charts were telling me at the time.

Look like it is bouncing off the trendline now. Did you get stopped out or have you managed to hang in there?

Hiya,

I also took short pin on AUDUSD, look at it fly (or should that be fall)! What are your targets? I closed half at 0.953 and gonna let the other half ride. It will be interesting where/if loses momentum, as fall appears to have been triggered by Bernake's comments (but what do I know).

I'm also in the 4hr pin on USDCAD. I've never traded on this timescale, so will have to try and sit on my hands. Sorry, I can't seem to save charts, I use CMC, anyone help.:?:

Arf

I'm not sad though. The only question I have is what i could have done better. I personally don't really like taking half of the money off the table because you limit your chances (but you had full risk in the beginning). Maybe this was just one of the 50% bad luck trades ;)

Arf: CMC lets you save charts with clicking on the lower left disk symbol with the two candles in the background (chart window).

that is a good result well played,but that is exactly why the shortest TF i will trade off now is 4hr

Guys, eyes on the Euro mkts if you can; Schatz; Bund; Stoxx

Nice hint Gecko. Love the Stoxx50 ! 3730 strong S/R + Conf at 38,2% FIB (week retracement possible strong downwards movement)

Let's see how the pin forms. At the moment I don't like its shape

Hiya,

I also took short pin on AUDUSD, look at it fly (or should that be fall)! What are your targets? I closed half at 0.953 and gonna let the other half ride. It will be interesting where/if loses momentum, as fall appears to have been triggered by Bernake's comments (but what do I know).

I'm also in the 4hr pin on USDCAD. I've never traded on this timescale, so will have to try and sit on my hands. Sorry, I can't seem to save charts, I use CMC, anyone help.:?:

Arf

I've closed my position at 9520. Looks like its stalling at 9510 - 9520. I had minimun position on this but if I had more I would probably have closed half and also let the rest run. Will watch the price action now to decide what to do next

hey everyone,hope you all enjoyed the news!!
general question for everybody,especially T_D ,concidering the recent news and price shift,would anyone consider taking this pin,its a good spot??(assume it closes a pin)

Attachments

• pinbar1h.gif
    pinbar1h.gif
    63 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
general question for everybody,especially T_D ,concidering the recent news and price shift,would anyone consider taking this pin,its a good spot??(assume it closes a pin)

Not showing as a pin for me, it gapped down on my chart so open is near bottom of range, would cause a dilema if it was!

Arf

Its looking very good on my charts too. Right off S/R from Daily, ascending trend line and 38.2 fib. As I type it has just moved up and the body is looking a bit long.

I want to show you how to make money trading the markets. Naturally, it is not the only way to make money it is merely one way of doing so.

If you follow what I will teach you, try the methodology out on demo first before committing real money in a live account, gain confidence and understanding in the setups and you are patient and disciplined, you will make good money with this method.

The method I am going to show you is based on price action. It uses the price, fibonacci levels, three moving averages, the concepts of support and resistance and trend lines. From time to time it uses an indicator. It is not complicated to follow but it will take you time and effort to learn how to trade it for consistent profit.

We will take things very slowly because I want to make sure that everyone fully understands the concepts as we go along. Having said that, I expect those reading this to have at least a basic knowledge of the elements I have listed above. If you do not, go away and read up on them. You will find a huge amount of free information on them.

The method I will show you is not a system with a rigid set of entry and exit rules. It is not going to tell you that when X happens, do Y. It is a method of trading based on high probability setups.

It can be applied on any timeframe but I use it to make money on the hourly and daily timeframe because this is what I am comfortable with. Therefore these are the only timeframes we will work with here.

I work full time but I have access to my broker at work so I can check the charts every hour for setups. If you are not in a position to do this, then you will need to concentrate on the daily timeframe. Both timeframes work very well.

I want to concentrate on one market. The methods work across every market but I think it will confuse people if many traders are asking questions of different setups in different markets. Also, many traders don't have access to some markets or the margin requirements to trade them are too high. As a result I am going to post a poll and over the process of a few weeks we will eliminate which market we are going to trade going forward.

While the market is being decided, are there any questions?

Hi i would like you to tell me how to start trading with a small amount of money. I used to trade with the same method wich is working when i was trading with TCA.I am familiar e-mimni S&P 500, because the margin is too high start around $5000 and CQG platform is nearly £400 a month i can not efford it for the time being. will please refer me to afirm or a broker to start with.
Thank you

benjamil

Last edited:
Hi i would like you to tell me how to start trading with a small amount of money. I used to trade with the same method wich is working when i was trading with TCA.I am familiar e-mimni S&P 500, because the margin is too high start around $5000 and CQG platform is nearly £400 a month i can not efford it for the time being. will please refer me to afirm or a broker to start with.
Thank you

benjamil

IG Index. To start with you can trade with 10p/point on currencies

Thank you

benjamil
my prefered choise is oanda or oanda fed platforms

hi jonj, that does look a good level - theres obviously 'something there' - what stops me trading it is like you say the recent news and movement is strong compared to the size of the pin and there might be more of it to come as the trend looks to be down generally.

my prefered choise is oanda or oanda fed platforms

me too ;) alpari are good also and have MT4

hi jonj, that does look a good level - theres obviously 'something there' - what stops me trading it is like you say the recent news and movement is strong compared to the size of the pin and there might be more of it to come as the trend looks to be down generally.
hey 1pipped,yeah im with you,its really nice place but the time is wrong,good common sense is needed on these trades.
,if you look now there is another pin forming in the same place and now that the initial reactions are over it may be a better time?never know what the market will bring.im gonna pass it up all the same though.
me too ;) alpari are good also and have MT4
mt4 the best for free!!(y)

Attachments

• pinbar1h.gif
    pinbar1h.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 360
Status
Not open for further replies.