Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been reading all of these posts from the beginning (no mean feat!) and have been applying the principles with fairly good success.

I took the Gold pin bar and after reading TD's thoughts, this has given me added confluence. I will be interested how Td (and anyone else who got in) play this, as I tend to grab profits to early or move stops up to quickly to maintain profits.

Good trading
Arf

I would put stop at around $877 which is the low of the candle that broke through the daily level and rising TL.

Stop is indicated on chart.

Attachments

• gold-stop.gif
    gold-stop.gif
    21 KB · Views: 667
i got a bit more support for my loonie trade on the hourlies,if only it can get over the down trend line,whoops there it goes

Attachments

• uscad1.gif
    uscad1.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 360
wow. just looked at my chart and have all the same lines as t_d, i've obviously been listening! :smart: still paper trading but good to see im changing my habits. i was going around in the dark till now!

Your faithful pinbar leader...

I know many of you have begun to wonder if all TD does is scour the hundreds of markets out there, looking for setups and reporting back to his MANY FANS... But I can now confirm this is not the case...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know many of you have begun to wonder if all TD does is scour the hundreds of markets out there, looking for setups and reporting back to his MANY FANS... But I can now confirm this is not the case...

Presumably, he's normally very busy & doesn't have time for a cr*p - I see he keeps his toilet roll on a pole between the PC monitors :LOL:

That was my chart as the pin formed. If you put the level into your own charting package on 1hr and zoom out you should see it.

thanx,just got back in and checked my chart.i only had the level above.
good luck to anyone in the trade(y)

My pin numbers at end of May (from 1st of Feb.)
All deals were a handfull of microlots off pin bars on the 4hr charts except about four 1hr and two 30min.
There is also one inside bar trade that made... 1 pip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Total profit pips 1960 Total loss pips 809
Ave profit pips 63.258065 Ave loss pips 45.000000
Pip ratio 2.420988 Ave pip ratio 1.405735
Win / Lose count ratio 1.722222 Win / Total count ratio 0.584906
Scratched 4
Ave cash profit £5.701613 Ave cash loss £4.296111
Total win cash £176.750000 Total loss cash £77.330000 Net £99.420000
Total trades 53

Looking at £'s made compared to pips made:
ave cash profit / loss = 1.32 (pips ratio is 1.4)
total cash profit / loss = 2.29 (pips ratio is 2.42)

Might suggest messing around with order size is not that good an idea?

Looking at win rate: 58.5%
Down from just under 70% last month. There is a good reason for this,
the 70% was from metatrader stats the 58.5% isnt. Metatrader counts scratched trades as wins.
If I add the 4 stratched trades it comes out as 66% - still down a bit from ~70%.

There are 53 trades, 1 trade will +/- the winrate by nearly 2%
With an exact 50/50 coin flipped 53 times, the heads/tail ratio is likely to be off by about 7.5%
With the win rate at 58.5% this could easily mean the real winrate is 50/50 and is just not enough trades for it to have 'settled' yet.
Of course it might be the win rate is really 65% and just 'off' the other way by 7%, but less likely.

cable is the most traded (12/53) and has made the most pips and most £'s
more than twice the next best winner in £ and more than 4 times the next best winner in pips.

What do you think of these stats? just lucky? will eurjpy end up kicking the pin accounts **** in June? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode ! :sleep:

Hi 1Pipped,

Thank you for posting your results. I am surprised by your win/loss ratio coming in at under 60%.

I will post my numbers up for May - June at the end of the month as in the first two weeks of being live I have only done five trades.

P.S: I count scratched trades as losers and +1 trades as scratched trades since when trading futures there are commissions to pay.

Tom

No problemo Tom, will be interesting to see the difference.

I was suprised by cable and why Ive traded it twice as much as other pairs. I dont pay it any special attention, or at least I dont consciously pay it any special attention...

I have taken some less than perfect setups. If youve done five trades in two weeks, and Ive done 53 in 16(ish) weeks, but your watching 1hr and Im watching 4hr... Im doing more trades than you when I should be doing 4 times less !! Might be a clue to my win rate being low there I daresay ;) It is a hard thing to do, to just take the best set ups, when you see some not so good ones making a decent amount. In June Ill try to cut down a bit on non premium set ups.

Audusd

Hi All

Anybody spot this pin on Daily AUDUSD?

Got confluence on a Daily S/R and ascending trend line and also fib from last swing low on 15 May to swing high on 21 May.

Leon

Attachments

• AUDUSD_Daily.jpg
    AUDUSD_Daily.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 318
what does anyone think of the pinbar on the aussie hourly,forming on the 4 hour also.

Attachments

• pinbar.gif
    pinbar.gif
    60.1 KB · Views: 305
what does anyone think of the pinbar on the aussie hourly,forming on the 4 hour also.

Yes just been looking at that. The daily was broken but now this 4H is looking quite good. just a bit concerned that the daily was broken which should have been a stonger signal, although it didn't quite touch my trend line.

Yes just been looking at that. The daily was broken but now this 4H is looking quite good. just a bit concerned that the daily was broken which should have been a stonger signal, although it didn't quite touch my trend line.

finally moving,i demo,d it from the 50%ret of the candle to cut any potential losses.currently +10.lets see (y)
nice break out on the usd yen if anyone is interested.good for 75 pip or so imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.