How much do you guys drink

I read somewhere that the average person drinks too little liquid. I think about 2 litres per day is a minimum, but not alchohol.
My body craves juice usually after playing tennis.Im always drinking fluids and have a penchant for hot chocolate.

It's climbing outa bed 4 or 5 times a night to go to the loo that really sucks.

(n)

(n)

Get your postrate checked out. I had an enlarged one and, now that I've had an op
(this was 14 years ago) I have never had to get up, once, during the night.

(n)

Strange you should say that.

Few drinks is ok but when I drink water, it just goes through me. In terms of time it takes to get through my body.

I could be drinking from a bottle one end and peeing out the other. It's crazy but true...

It's a real pain when cycling and taking in fluids... Don't know if you ever wanted to know but there is a technique for peeing whilst on the move.

Google it if interested :LOL:

Last edited:
Friend's daughter went to Uni a few years ago and came back boasting she was drinking 16 pints of beer a night. Too much. She was beginning to look like a male rugby player + beer gut.

16 pints?!

She should have been dead by then. :eek:

"when in Rome do as the Romans do" : first time I got to England as an adult I laughed when they brought me a pint of beer, I thought it was nearly enough to have a bath.........After a couple of months 8-10 pint a day (the weekends) was not that unusual....I had to, my mates were all fun and wild, great fun.....I loved it.

At Uni we used to sit in a circle and shake poker dice. The first ace made THE drink out of anything in the bar mixed, the second ace paid for it and the third ace drank it !!

Sozzled in no time.

Years ago in a far off country the legal drinking age was 21, but no matter once a year there was the Uni pub crawl around the City centre. 32 pubs and bars. Not many made it around having a pint in each one. The cops arrested some for being drunk and disorderly or under age etc. Great day out.

Last edited:
How about not giving a ****? My great grandmother was an alcoholic and smoked 80 a day. She died aged 97 mind fully intact.

Do what makes you happy I say! We're all gonna die one day. Might as well enjoy life.

Its the gym bunnies drinking their proteins shakes i feel sorry for. But same argument applies. What ever makes you happy"

Cool clear water every time.

In fact distilled water to remove the chlorine, aluminium sulphate etc. Every 2 gallons treated tap water leaves a foul smelling brown gudge at the bottom of the tank. The aluminium rots your brain , goodness only knows what a regular intake of chlorine does ?

She probably lasted so long because she didnt drink too much water. :D

Thank you for this article.

Read it with interest and agree inflammation of joints has much to do with temperament, happiness, depression, immune system and equally diet.

I know it's off topic but past research into diet and arthritis for example shows that there is no specific food type that helps everyone. However, there does seem to be consensus on certain food types do help some people.

Glucosamine is one of the key ones that seem to produce the most consistent results providing it is used over a period of time. I also take calcium and magnesium supplements for bones.

Agree wrt Omega-3 and cod liver oils and vit D they do seem to aid brain and muscles in particular but also help with joints according to many studies.

In Japan Arthritis apperently only effects 2% of the population. They eat a lot of fish and rice. Not so much bread, pastry or fatty sugary snacks.

Prawns with lemon juice on a a bed of salad with tomatoes is a definite no no for me. Attack on the joints is almost instantaneous. Found similar responses from others online. It could be because prawns are high in cholesterol or live at the bottom of the ocean. :rolleyes:

Otherwise I think my pains are due to sports or past injuries.

After an injury body never heals 100%. This is what the osteo and physio also said back then about 20 years ago. The repaired area often suffers tissue scaring and never becomes strong as before. With age, wear and tear, areas which have suffered hard shock injuries become prone to the elements when it gets cold and damp.

I think Splitlink will vouch for the warmth factor on the bones and if he were to spend a year up in Yorkshire Dales I'm sure he'd feel considerably different irrespective of his state of mind. :cheesy:

To bring thread back on to drink here is an interesting read;

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/July07/Pages/drinking-alcohol-fights-rheumatoid-arthritis.aspx

During the week I don't like drinking any alchool .. but during weekend, I can't be stopped in front of a bottle of white sparkling wine especially if it comes with a dinner made of fishes! I also drink a lot of beer during the summer.. and I'm particularly fond of red wine .. not the commercial ones, but house wines..those are the best !

I don't drink. It's bad for you. I'm the ripe old age of 83. I found out about that when I was 82.

Even doctors say it's good for you in moderation.
Treat yourself El Splitto you deserve it - in moderation.

(y)

the excess of alcohol is harmful to your health.. drinking with moderation doesn't cause much troubles :)

the excess of alcohol is harmful to your health.. drinking with moderation doesn't cause much troubles :)

That's my experience although, previous joking apart, I have never drunk much. A cold lager after a hot summer's walk, is very welcome but I have never been a pub man.

It is best to leave it alone, really.

well.. sometimes things happen to those who don't deserve them.. it depens on how your body responds to alcohol