How did Corona Virus affect your portfolio?

RyanHohl

8 1
my 50% of the starting capital gain over 4 years + some more got wiped out in a span of 4 years. I mainly holding long term stocks. I am going to hold it and ride it out. Would love to hear how this virus affected others here. Thanks.

Aramtant

37 2
I think the situation with the virus has divided traders into two large main groups, because the situation is certainly ambiguous. Some believe that now there is an optimal opportunity to earn and make profit, because the market is now characterized by high dynamics and is saturated with a huge amount of news. The other part of traders cannot be guided in these events because it does not give in to the standard technical analysis, and more is subject to the fundamental analysis in which not every trader understands well far. Actually, I would not judge someone for his decision in this situation, because it can really frighten. Therefore, I will simply wish every trader good luck and first of all, if not to multiply, then at least to save his capital.

Manostrell

41 2
It seems to me that my work has become more passive. No, not in the sense that I started using passive earning formats. Rather, I started to work a bit less because it's more difficult for me to analyze the market and sometimes it seems to me that I somehow spend time in the market aimlessly.
On the other hand, sometimes I have more positions in my work than before, because sometimes it is more profitable for me to work with small volumes, but with a large number of short-term orders.
But here honestly a lot depends on specific positions and mood of a certain day, because the market is different every day. And you have to adapt to that every day. And it is really difficult. But this is one of the strengths of a successful trader. We have to be able to adapt.

Nowler

Experienced member
1,336 151
I only started my investing portfolio during the crisis, so not much to say on that apart from I'm up 2% on my investments.

My trading accounts however are whole other story. The virus presented me with some fantastic opportunities in Oil and Silver.

Account 1: +55% realised (+35% unrealised)

Account 2: -1% realised (+125% unrealised)

I'm disappointed with myself for missing out on the mouth watering opportunity for my investing account. I should have been in when the market tumbled in March.

Oh well... live and learn...

Kaeso

Established member
916 104
my 50% of the starting capital gain over 4 years + some more got wiped out in a span of 4 weeks. I mainly holding long term stocks. I am going to hold it and ride it out. Would love to hear how this virus affected others here. Thanks.
I only started my investing portfolio during the crisis, so not much to say on that apart from I'm up 2% on my investments.
My trading accounts however are whole other story. The virus presented me with some fantastic opportunities in Oil and Silver. Account 1: +55% realised (+35% unrealised) Account 2: -1% realised (+125% unrealised)
I'm disappointed with myself for missing out on the mouth watering opportunity for my investing account. I should have been in when the market tumbled in March.
Oh well... live and learn...
Seems like you did well on the other assets though!

I took a hit along with everyone else with long equity exposure, but I was not overly exposed and tactical buying eventually overcame the drawdown and then some, thanks to the the subsequent massive bounce.

The OP appears to have lost interest in t2w two days later, I hope he comes back for an update

Last edited:
Reactions: Nowler

Nowler

Experienced member
1,336 151
Seems like you did well on the other assets though!

I took a hit along with everyone else with long equity exposure, but I was not overly exposed and tactical buying eventually overcame the drawdown and then some, thanks to the the subsequent massive bounce.

The OP appears to have lost interest in t2w two days later, I hope he comes back for an update
Well done on making the long equity losses back mate. I saw the recession coming (not the virus though) and had moved my pension out of equities. I dodged the crash but I didnt forsee it going back up so quickly - so I missed the climb. A lesson for next time 😉

I see another market correction in the near future. The FED wont buy forever, and the top 5 companies do not speak for all the businesses that make an economy.

I wonder if they can hold it together until after the election

Reactions: Kaeso

Mogor

18 2
It seems to me that what's key here is not what happened to the capital, but rather that every trader had to adapt to the new conditions that appeared in the market to some extent. Of course, this situation had a dramatic impact on each of us. And everyone coped with it using any available methods. I know traders who stopped working at all for this period because they did not understand what they could do in this situation. I know traders who weren't afraid of these changes and started experimenting on the market with extraordinary methods of analysis and trading itself. And I also know traders who were able to understand what needed to be done at that time and earned much more than they could have imagined.

Dailkree

20 1
It's interesting that we seem to be used to the fact that the market is difficult and something unexpected can always happen here. On the other hand, the virus situation has become something unusual for all of us because we have never noticed before that such strong changes can affect all assets at once. Accordingly, it became more difficult for each of us to find an alternative and we were all faced with a serious choice on which our future as a whole depended.
I'm sad to see stories in which traders tell us that they lost money and that they couldn't cope with it. I hope that you have already managed to get your job done. And you will soon be able to restore your capital and see the result that was planned.

Charley John

6 0
Many businesses have experienced significant declines in market capitalization as a result of the unprecedented impact of and market reaction to COVID-19. Some of these impacts may be tied to temporary factors and extreme volatility in the markets, while others reflect longer lasting or even permanent shifts in the business or industries in which these companies operate. This will affect financial reporting for both March 31 quarter-end and beyond. The impact of COVID-19 also raises a number of valuation considerations to be aware of when valuing a fund’s investment holdings.

Philanderson

5 0
Badly, am too much of an amateur to cash in on the extreme volatility of the market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock