Article Growing Your Portfolio With Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,459 60
Although they would not admit it, most portfolio managers take a core/satellite approach when managing their equity portfolios. The part of the portfolio that might mirror the overall market could be considered the “core” and the part of the portfolio that deviates from the overall market can be considered the “satellite” portion. When you hear portfolio managers say they are trading around their “core” bank holdings – or they are currently overweight oil stocks and underweight technology stocks, or they have a small cap tilt to their portfolios – they are essentially taking the core/satellite approach.

But what about the average investor? Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) provide an easy way of implementing a core/satellite approach. We provide 10 reasons why this strategy can trump a securities only portfolio management strategies.

What Does the Portfolio Look Like?ETFs provide a simple way to implement a professional style approach to portfolio management. ETFs...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

new_trader

Legendary member
6,272 1,290
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I rate this article 5 stars. I have been using ETF's and the core/satellite strategy for the last 10 years and it has performed brilliantly. 😃