How did Corona Virus affect your portfolio?

RyanHohl

my 50% of the starting capital gain over 4 years + some more got wiped out in a span of 4 years. I mainly holding long term stocks. I am going to hold it and ride it out. Would love to hear how this virus affected others here. Thanks.

I only started my investing portfolio during the crisis, so not much to say on that apart from I'm up 2% on my investments.

My trading accounts however are whole other story. The virus presented me with some fantastic opportunities in Oil and Silver.

Account 1: +55% realised (+35% unrealised)

Account 2: -1% realised (+125% unrealised)

I'm disappointed with myself for missing out on the mouth watering opportunity for my investing account. I should have been in when the market tumbled in March.

Oh well... live and learn...

my 50% of the starting capital gain over 4 years + some more got wiped out in a span of 4 weeks. I mainly holding long term stocks. I am going to hold it and ride it out. Would love to hear how this virus affected others here. Thanks.

I only started my investing portfolio during the crisis, so not much to say on that apart from I'm up 2% on my investments.
My trading accounts however are whole other story. The virus presented me with some fantastic opportunities in Oil and Silver. Account 1: +55% realised (+35% unrealised) Account 2: -1% realised (+125% unrealised)
I'm disappointed with myself for missing out on the mouth watering opportunity for my investing account. I should have been in when the market tumbled in March.
Oh well... live and learn...

Seems like you did well on the other assets though!

I took a hit along with everyone else with long equity exposure, but I was not overly exposed and tactical buying eventually overcame the drawdown and then some, thanks to the the subsequent massive bounce.

The OP appears to have lost interest in t2w two days later, I hope he comes back for an update

Last edited:
Seems like you did well on the other assets though!

I took a hit along with everyone else with long equity exposure, but I was not overly exposed and tactical buying eventually overcame the drawdown and then some, thanks to the the subsequent massive bounce.

The OP appears to have lost interest in t2w two days later, I hope he comes back for an update

Well done on making the long equity losses back mate. I saw the recession coming (not the virus though) and had moved my pension out of equities. I dodged the crash but I didnt forsee it going back up so quickly - so I missed the climb. A lesson for next time 😉

I see another market correction in the near future. The FED wont buy forever, and the top 5 companies do not speak for all the businesses that make an economy.

I wonder if they can hold it together until after the election