Hirose Financial UK - chat

Hi Skint and Redtag,
wehad a fix over the weekend so order processing should be good. Because we are STP rather than acting as Principal there will always be a number of pre trade checks that need to be completed. The whole process should take less than a second.

Depending on where you are situated a proxy server may help generally. Here are some instructions that yyou can play around with to see if your execution speed increases:

Click on the Lion Trader icon (on your desktop) to open the Lion Trader login window
Click the Settings button which opens the Proxy Settings window
Check ‘Use Proxy’
In the box labelled ‘Server’ type proxy.sysfx.com
In the box labelled ‘Port’ type 80
Then click ‘OK’
Then enter your password in the Lion Trader login window
(please also ensure that your Account Type is correct).

Regards.

Thanks for that will give it a go! are you keeping the Lion Trade platform aswell as the new MT4 or are you switching to just the Mt4?

regards

Thanks for that will give it a go! are you keeping the Lion Trade platform aswell as the new MT4 or are you switching to just the Mt4?

regards

Hi Skint,

we aim to keep both so clients can chose what best suits them. However if there is a massive move from one to the other then it may be harder to justify. Having said that the feedback we are getting is that clients like Lion Trader once they get to know it. But for EAs it is likely that Mt4 will grow quicker (even though Actfx for Lion Trader is gaining traction).

Hi,good morning all,a nighmare this morning trying to close a Euro-Usd position @07.08 would not close.Now and this is a personal position if it is Ecn or Stp then the trade should be closed almost instantly if it is not then there is interferance and the broker can bleat as much as he wants that is a fact.Orders placed with a true Ecn broker are processed in much less than a second,yes you do get some slippage but very little.Prehaps Hirose would like to again address this problem but it does little for the broker if this continues its not good enough. Mike.P.s prehaps PBoyles would like to ans this one as well, he talks a lot of sense this guy.thankyou im fuming.Oh yes i did still close out in profit but that is not the point i still lost money

Same problem here, Seems that the fix they posted just doesnt seem to do much, I used to get near enough instant in/out of positions with Hirose but now it seems the entries and exits are slipping and delaying far too much for this to be STP I would expect this from a SB company but this seems blatant and does not instill any confidence in the platform and does not instill any great confidence in the new Mt4 platform being unmanipulated.
Its a shame as they started of really well, my other gripe is that if they know their is a problem as per the Hirose Post, why not send all customers a message to inform them that their is a problem, to let traders use the platform knowing their is a glitch in my eyes is just a little devious, For transparancy would it not be better to tell all rather than a few who know the ropes spotting the problem, just takes me back to that old song "things that make you go MMmmm!"

I have had enough and stopped trading with Hirose for time being, if they sort problem I will try again but the plarform at the moment really does not instill any confidence in using the service and problems seem to coincide with the launching and integration of the MT4 platform.

Anyone having problems I would call them and register your complaint, request a refund of your lost profit, some slippage is understandable but long delays are not reasonable from a broker who claims that they have 99.9% execution speed plastered on the website.(n)

I am switching to Sucden to see how they operate.....

I am just a new trader trying to learn this ruthless market, I have signed up with hirose, not profitable yet, but i have recognized that the speed is really good, from about June - Dec 2012
but this month, delay, platform freeze, server disconnected always happens
I also have the platform from another broker running at the same time which doesn't have any problem at all, so the problems is really at Hirose's side

I am just a new trader trying to learn this ruthless market, I have signed up with hirose, not profitable yet, but i have recognized that the speed is really good, from about June - Dec 2012
but this month, delay, platform freeze, server disconnected always happens
I also have the platform from another broker running at the same time which doesn't have any problem at all, so the problems is really at Hirose's side

HI Danzka,yup lots of problems which i notice that Hirose are not saying anything at all about. Wanted to trade the Euro on monday but did not, i was reluctant to due to the poor performance of the lion platform.So money down the drain.(n)Whom else do you trade with? you menioned another platform. regards Mike

Dear Hirose UK

I just opened an account with you this morning, I am a regular trader of cable. My 1st real trade using your account I hit market sell at 1.5849 and it then said 'pending' order for around 5 seconds and eventually filled me @ 1.5847.4. The market was volatile at the time but there was no scheduled news.

Would you like to offer an explanation before I close the account?

Thanks

cable monster

HI Danzka,yup lots of problems which i notice that Hirose are not saying anything at all about. Wanted to trade the Euro on monday but did not, i was reluctant to due to the poor performance of the lion platform.So money down the drain.(n)Whom else do you trade with? you menioned another platform. regards Mike

I trade with alpari nz with its mt4. Very stable IMO

Dear Hirose UK

I just opened an account with you this morning, I am a regular trader of cable. My 1st real trade using your account I hit market sell at 1.5849 and it then said 'pending' order for around 5 seconds and eventually filled me @ 1.5847.4. The market was volatile at the time but there was no scheduled news.

Would you like to offer an explanation before I close the account?

Thanks

cable monster

and thanks for the 1.7pips slippage on exit of the trade. lol.

account closed.:D

Hi could you explain please dealer based broker mike

A dealer based model is where you are 'dealt' prices to buy or sell something. If you want to trade you simply accept the price is offered to you. Its not the real market and the dealer can offer what ever price he wants. You are trading against the dealer.

In a real market prices are not dealt there is a form of exchange. Traders can either post there limit orders into the market (add liquidity) or choose to take liquidity by taking the other side of a posted limit order.

A dealer based model is where you are 'dealt' prices to buy or sell something. If you want to trade you simply accept the price is offered to you. Its not the real market and the dealer can offer what ever price he wants. You are trading against the dealer.

In a real market prices are not dealt there is a form of exchange. Traders can either post there limit orders into the market (add liquidity) or choose to take liquidity by taking the other side of a posted limit order.

Good morning, thanks for the explanation,yes its what makes the markets move i understand liquidity.That would make Hirose a market maker,but they claim they do not have a dealing desk, they are an ecn, stp broker, well ecn they are not stp maybe, but i have doubts.All im looking for is a level playing field,an ecn broker with whom i can see the depth of the market, place my orders where i want in that market.I do not want brokers taking the opposite side of my trades or making the market its a conflict of interest,you can see why they are illegal in the states.

One other point and if anybody is experiancing the same please comment im being slipped constanly by Hirose so i say that if this broker is a ecn or stp broker then this should not happen am i right?

Last edited:
Good morning ,once again Hirose has come up trumps.Entered a pending trade on the USD GBP this morning a buy @1.56666 trade was filled @1.56706 and then told me my trade @1.56702 was filled @1.56706 talk about slippage.This is out if order big time. I,ve emailed them cant wait for the reply should be a good one, lots of waffle no doubt ,maybe they will tell me its volitile lol.I bet they have last look.
Mike..

Last edited:
I,ve stopped trading on the Lion platform again a weird fill on the eur jpy which bore no resembalance to my pending order and it was a loser i would like my money back.what a joke.

I,ve stopped trading on the Lion platform again a weird fill on the eur jpy which bore no resembalance to my pending order and it was a loser i would like my money back.what a joke.

I closed my account after 1 trade and they refunded my initial deposit. Enough said.