GREY'S WEBMINAR 24Th JAN

Glenn,

Thanks for the files that I have now set up. The conversion to mp3 is proving a little more tricky than I wanted because the conversion is only happening in parts, ie of the total session I have a 25 min mp3. I do have another solution if I am unable to get it the exact way I want but will continue with this for a while longer. When complete the download file is going to be very large so anyone wishing to download it please bear this in mind.

I agree with others it was a great session and would also like to thank both Frank and Iraj.

Paul

First of all I'd like to add my thanks to Iraj and Frank for running and organising the webinar.

Paul - if you dont manage to sort out the mp3 file, I've got a version I did on a programme called Audacity. Unfortunately I had problems at the start and got serious feedback such that it was unintelligible. It took me till half way through Frank's spot to sort it out and I had to start the recording again there. But if thats the only recording and if Iraj and Frank are happy, I'm happy to post it. As you say though its a big file - 104Mbytes!! If thats a problem I could split it up but that'l take a bit longer as I dont know how to split mp3 files.

Thanks again to Iraj and Frank

Cheers

Gerard

Thank you to Iraj, frank and fibo, and all others who contributed to yesterdays seminar, great stuff enjoyed it enormously cant wait for the next one!!!!!

this is a great idea paul.......cheers

grey the seminar was excellent, thank you............things are so much clearer for me now.........all this time i've been obsessed with the vwap, and it seems you only need the macci....................i'm gonna wait till the news is out on wednesday and then start shorting your weak list for swing trades.

thanks again,

jason

Jay

On wednesday when the news is out they often sell the market near the end of the day . Also if the stock that you are shorting is trading on the high of the day then give it another day to calm down then short it,

so by using this technique you are reducing risk by
1) Capital diversification ( risk reduction )
2) Sector diversification ( risk reduction )
3) Using top down approach which gives you the market back up ,,, ( Risk reduction )

4) 10 min Macci gives you better entry ( Risk reduction )

You are shifting the ODDS to your side . This is a game of ODDS,, Donot give the market the upper hand,,, Play the ODDS game your way and you will achieve an awesome return like FIBBO and FRANK

Grey1

hi grey.

Because of what you have said about spreadbetting im gonna give it a miss apart from maybe shorting the cash dow.

Anyway you say you need £30k min, but could we realistically make a living with this amount of money? ie £300-£500 a week with your swing and day trading methods? otherwise im probably wasting my time if you know what i mean and probably best to save a bit more until i can make that amount of money, at the moment im running my own business and have flexibility to trade as i'm normally finished work by 1pm everyday. Anyway please be honest, i know i have alot to learn yet, but in your opinion what could i realistically average per week on a £30k bank or is it impossible to answer.
Thankyou just need to do my workings before i commit myself to this and drop my other trading methods.

One last thing when ive used the macci in the past it sometimes lags and does not always turn when price does, bit like most indicators right?, anyway i know this is only for entry as we already have your fundamentals on our side but is it possible to include the vwap too for directional trades short, as i quite like the vwap now or do i need to drop it?

jason

hi grey.

Because of what you have said about spreadbetting im gonna give it a miss apart from maybe shorting the cash dow.

Anyway you say you need £30k min, but could we realistically make a living with this amount of money? ie £300-£500 a week with your swing and day trading methods? otherwise im probably wasting my time if you know what i mean and probably best to save a bit more until i can make that amount of money, at the moment im running my own business and have flexibility to trade as i'm normally finished work by 1pm everyday. Anyway please be honest, i know i have alot to learn yet, but in your opinion what could i realistically average per week on a £30k bank or is it impossible to answer.
Thankyou just need to do my workings before i commit myself to this and drop my other trading methods.

One last thing when ive used the macci in the past it sometimes lags and does not always turn when price does, bit like most indicators right?, anyway i know this is only for entry as we already have your fundamentals on our side but is it possible to include the vwap too for directional trades short, as i quite like the vwap now or do i need to drop it?

jason

hi jason,

I think G1 was talking about $30K not £30K. i could be wrong tho

glen

It will be $30K and it is needed if you are day trading using direct access.

Paul

yes i know you need $25k to daytrade us stocks...............but if he was talking $30k then thats alot easier as thats £15k, bonus!....................but we all want to make at least £500 a week right?, lets be realistic, as it may just not be worth our time.........I know it's a very difficult question to answer but like any business you go into, you have to make realistic projections before you start, and i would like to know greys take on this.

jason

OK everyone here is the link where you can download the webinar session from Thursday 24th Jan 2008. I have set it up as a webpage because it will take a while to download and consists of 3 separate files.

I will not be leaving this page up forever and will probably remove it in around 4 weeks time.

Webinar

Paul

OK everyone here is the link where you can download the webinar session from Thursday 24th Jan 2008. I have set it up as a webpage because it will take a while to download and consists of 3 separate files.

I will not be leaving this page up forever and will probably remove it in around 4 weeks time.

Webinar

Paul

Well done Paul ! Hope it wasn't too problematic.
Cheers
Glenn

hi grey.

jason

Hi

I said 30K in Dollars not in £,,,, I cannot tell you how much you can make from swing trading but the risks are very very low compare to intra day trading . ALso the amount of win is difficult to estimate because of the market condition and your knowledge of compounding your wins.

Donot use any vwap because I have not expanded on that during the seminar,,, If you are vwap trading you should hedge correct stocks and that is another story .

MACCI lags because of the smoothing process, but the lag is tiny ., If you want to be ahead of 10 min MACCI then watch the 5 min MACCI and if that turned then there is a good chance of turing the 10 min down with it but please donot quote me for it. I rather you to go by 10 min indu than anticipate the trun and have a doubtful entry
Grey1

Webinar

Paul
Thx Paul you have always been a helpful member of our community

Grey1

Last edited:
Hi Grey1/Vegas/Fibbo

Many thanks for an excellent webinar, I think it went really well and was clear and easy to understand.

I made notes all the way through and there was an area I don't think was covered.
Hope you don't mind some additional queries:-

Just thinking about the practicalities of how you are swing trading bearing in mind the long list (80+) of Weak stocks.

1. Do you have all these 80+ symbols always running in IB TWS ?

2. To obtain Daily OB/OB signals for stocks means having enough data to calculate that, so do you have all those Weak stocks in Globalserver being updated ? ...and did you obtain extra historical data from somewhere because IB doesn't backfill far enough back to produce Daily macci when you first put a stock in Globalserver.

3. Are they all always running in Radar screens with their macci and pos size, or do you load up the Radars with symbols for current open positions plus any new stocks of interest from the latest research ?

Cheers
Glenn
No we donot have all 80 stocks on IB but we have around 150 stocks on TS radar screen .

Yes all stocks are in Global server and that is fine with TS. You can get all data free from esignal down loaded directly to your TS for is easy becayse even i can do that .

Yesa all stocks are running on TS and with one click you can find the best candidates using the sort option

Hope this helped , Any problems phone me and i set it up for you .. Do you have esignal as a data feed ?

grey1

Glenn,

I think that IB limit you to 50 symbols for data acquisition purposes. I know Iraj uses eSignal and I used to use IQ feed which was good but then they ramped up the price. If you do decide to use a different 3rd party provider I will be interested to know who you decide to use.

Paul

No we donot have all 80 stocks on IB but we have around 150 stocks on TS radar screen .

Yes all stocks are in Global server and that is fine with TS. You can get all data free from esignal down loaded directly to your TS for is easy becayse even i can do that .

Yesa all stocks are running on TS and with one click you can find the best candidates using the sort option

Hope this helped , Any problems phone me and i set it up for you .. Do you have esignal as a data feed ?

grey1

Thanks for that Grey1 (and Paul), very helpful.

I don't have E-signal. When you say the data is free I assume you mean if you already pay for their service in some way ?
.. and presumably you use E-signal to update Globalserver rather than IB ?
Do E-signal provide historical data backfill ?

Glenn

Thanks for that Grey1 (and Paul), very helpful.

I don't have E-signal. When you say the data is free I assume you mean if you already pay for their service in some way ?
.. and presumably you use E-signal to update Globalserver rather than IB ?
Do E-signal provide historical data backfill ?

Glenn

hi Glenn,

i've just downloaded a plugin from hyperserver, which takes data from yahoo finance into globalserver, looks ok, early doors tho..

Steve (Evo) put me on to it

glen