looks like the second half of 2013 is a relief rally

50% down 50% up ...all dressed up and no where to etc etc etc

eh, 50% might be a bit ambitious....ducks in a row, lame or not :D

Attachments

• xau 170813 silver.png
    xau 170813 silver.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 252
eh, 50% might be a bit ambitious....ducks in a row, lame or not :D

I'm a scaler. I scaled all the way down and now I'm scaling all the way back up. If a trade goes against me, I let it run til it regains it's position and keeps climbing. I work the 5M TF. Sorry, I like volatility and have learned to work it.

But not just Gold. I also scale GBPJPY and CHFJPY, at the same time.

paper taper rock scissors bars

John Hathaway said:
"There's a big short squeeze taking place," he said, adding that paper claims on gold – from futures, derivatives and exchange-traded funds – "are demanding settlement in terms of physical gold."
video:
Gold ‘ridiculously oversold’: Fund manager

John Hathaway said:
"....that people are losing confidence in the traditional intermediaries between the paper and physical markets, and you can see that with the dramatic drawdown in registered Comex warehouse stocks"

Why not spend ones wealth on tangible assets one can enjoy now. Few posts back elisab displays this mentality by offering to buy vineyard I was looking at in exchange for a few ounces of gold. Of course he wouldn't, indicating he has the option of doing so. That is my point. Store of wealth factor is debatable but that's all you'll ever have with gold. Options and feelings with no tangibles.

fair points and agree atilla.

a productive asset (agricultural land; a business et al) is a better bet
(investment) than a non productive one (gold et al).

though you are betting against history if you think gold will not hold its value when times are sh1t. we seem to be good at repeating mistakes of the past, & thats effectively my bet as we repeat at present. i am not ALL IN btw!

India is trying to stop the increasing request for gold with the block of import...and now gold and silver prices are grateful.

India is trying to stop the increasing request for gold with the block of import...and now gold and silver prices are grateful.

More to do with instability in the ME and Egypt fiasco imo. Probably went unnoticed with little coverage but suicide bombing in the Hezbelloh layer is more significant than China and India's demand for gold. Syria & Egypt is the issue. Iraq not quite stable either. Libya could become an issue again too. Israel talking peace with Palestinians. You gotta laff.

Oil is rising - which will lead to inflationary pressures - which will see gold rise.

To be or not to be - on the other hand there is QE. That is the question?

It's going to be fun. Strap your selves in for the roller coaster ride :clap:

More to do with instability in the ME and Egypt fiasco imo. Probably went unnoticed with little coverage but suicide bombing in the Hezbelloh layer is more significant than China and India's demand for gold. Syria & Egypt is the issue. Iraq not quite stable either. Libya could become an issue again too. Israel talking peace with Palestinians. You gotta laff.

Oil is rising - which will lead to inflationary pressures - which will see gold rise.

To be or not to be - on the other hand there is QE. That is the question?

It's going to be fun. Strap your selves in for the roller coaster ride :clap:

.....er....demand of gold hasnt increased cos its kicking off in the ME. it was cos the price (goldman fixed) dumped. it was kicking off much more last year.

"Oil is rising - which will lead to inflationary pressures"......

.....why does oil price rise = inflationary (orig definition: increase of money supply; contemporary definition: price rises) pressures?

isnt an oil price rise a consequence of inflation?

why will gold price rise if oil price is rising? not sure i get what your saying tbh, economics 101 may be an ideal start.

.....er....demand of gold hasnt increased cos its kicking off in the ME. it was cos the price (goldman fixed) dumped. it was kicking off much more last year.

"Oil is rising - which will lead to inflationary pressures"......

.....why does oil price rise = inflationary (orig definition: increase of money supply; contemporary definition: price rises) pressures?

isnt an oil price rise a consequence of inflation?

why will gold price rise if oil price is rising? not sure i get what your saying tbh, economics 101 may be an ideal start.

I'd say Atilla is right..inflation is a consequence, not the effect. If you have to pay more for a commodity, that means I need more money to pay for it. That requires both an increase in money supply, and the price is increasing. Thats your original definition and contemporary sorted.
Gold will surely increase if oil does. We mine gold and that requires oil. If oil increases, the cost of production globally increases for practically every commodity. the cost of extraction goes up, your raw material price also goes up. The cost of labour also goes up, as I have to pay more to pay for that oil to drive me to the mine so the increase in the price of oil now has a knock on effect for every part of the manufacturing process in determining the base cost of your raw material..Gold
Economics and manufacturing supply chain 101

I'd say Atilla is right..inflation is a consequence, not the effect. If you have to pay more for a commodity, that means I need more money to pay for it. That requires both an increase in money supply, and the price is increasing. Thats your original definition and contemporary sorted.
Gold will surely increase if oil does. We mine gold and that requires oil. If oil increases, the cost of production globally increases for practically every commodity. the cost of extraction goes up, your raw material price also goes up. The cost of labour also goes up, as I have to pay more to pay for that oil to drive me to the mine so the increase in the price of oil now has a knock on effect for every part of the manufacturing process in determining the base cost of your raw material..Gold
Economics and manufacturing supply chain 101

Yes my thoughts too.

On one side with increasing purchasing power of China and India and demand for cars coupled with increasing global economic activity - I think will establish a trend for increased oil demand.

On the other side there is the ability of the governments and banks to control inflation and economic growth - which in turn will determine prices and demand for oil.

Geopolitical factors in finding and determining new energy sources and bringing them to market like gas and oil etc., can also influence supply.

Suez canal controls 7% of the oil flow into the market. That's likely to be significant if any escalation threatens that supply route. No reason any side should block that supply as they both need currency but uncertainty fear is sufficient to raise prices.

What is the 101 thingy about. Is this some new sign language? Or like Room 101 you mean it should be disposed?

Can't keep up with youngsters these days. (y)

on the shorts this northern AM....

88% longs on common cfd accounts......that's silly

aaaannnddd back the longside....

1349's appears the level to protect for fund managers...

Attachments

• xauvusd GOLD 200813.gif
    xauvusd GOLD 200813.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 128
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Rising gold lease rates and the front-end backwardation

this is the GOFO rate (the lease rates),its been like this for months? cheers for link, adds some more detail.

Edit: oh & BTFD

Last edited:
much ado about squat this morning....

and still on the bid for mine....

in the mail this morning:
Fortucast said:
DEC. MINI GOLD (Symbol: YG electronic)
TODAY’S COMMENTS: (8/22) Patterns are mixed but 3 waves down should hold 1348-52 before the market takes off again. Still like the upside here. First resistance is at 1400 and then at 1430.
OVERALL: Not sure the market will soar but the issue will be whether the 22-year Gulf War cycle is more important than the weak 2-year cycle--and if Civil War continues in Egypt, there will be no doubt on this one. Chances are we can be long for 2-3 weeks and we will get acceleration past the breakout point. Chase is out of gold and will have to chase it for deliveries. Five waves up is now project 1604. If we get acceleration, it could happen quickly. Still need more confirmation.
CYCLES OVERVIEW: Higher into Thursday.
WEEKLY CHART PATTERNS: (8/13) Cycles are mixed and there are a number of difficult factors. The two-year cycle is usually bearish starting Aug. 18-Oct. 6 but there are other cycles that may hold the market, like the 22-year cycle into Sept. 9 when we last had the Gulf War. Still, the Gulf War cycle should win out, which means 1604 should come in.

riiight.....keen

spot gold 4 hour
shows the uptrend since 6th august
the range tightened..then a pop
those shorts are getting killed
11v70pw.gif