Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

shorts have a chance of getting money back in the 1416 area..if we get there

eh? ppl who are short "have a chance of getting money back" if the price goes higher (1416)?

so you sell low & buy back higher, yet you get money back from doing that?! clearly not all of it.

what hilarious jape am i missing out on here? which game are you playing?

Reactions: WR1
shorts have a chance of getting money back in the 1416 area..if we get there

Yep I agree - this is just the seasonal market rise and it'll be interesting to see gold blow its top again. Not going above 1400 this week is a sign of weakness imo... I think it's reigning in the bulls before another big drop. Just not sure how high it will go. :whistling

26.08.2013- Gold is hovering around the strong 1400 resistant point, a full candle break through this will get gold heading towards 1500 before the end of the year.

The technicals are strong, every MA broken over the last week, 100, 20 and 10.

Fed tapering will likely put some more money back into this market once investors start ditching the dollar/ equities.

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 157
It looks like that the miners and Gold bottomed in early July. This intermediate move should last about 10 more weeks, I will keep all my position in this sector during all this intermediate trend.

This is my take on it mate. Gold has a lot of contributing factors that affect its price, the main ones being the USD and supply & demand from countries like China. The back end of last year saw the demand from China ease but also, traders like myself felt a bit more confident in the equity markets – personally I was in and out of the mining stock daily! I generally avoid currency trading so couldn’t add much on that front but I recently started to have a look at gold again after a good few months of avoiding it as I think that with all that’s going on in the middle east (Syria) and a pick-up in demand from emerging nations could see gold get ready for a push back up above $1400 and then up from there. That’s my two pence worth anyway, hope it helps mate!

Gold 1450-1460 Resistance

This is my take on it mate. Gold has a lot of contributing factors that affect its price, the main ones being the USD and supply & demand from countries like China. The back end of last year saw the demand from China ease but also, traders like myself felt a bit more confident in the equity markets – personally I was in and out of the mining stock daily! I generally avoid currency trading so couldn’t add much on that front but I recently started to have a look at gold again after a good few months of avoiding it as I think that with all that’s going on in the middle east (Syria) and a pick-up in demand from emerging nations could see gold get ready for a push back up above $1400 and then up from there. That’s my two pence worth anyway, hope it helps mate!

Hi, I believe once gold goes through 1460 resistance it will be off to the race. A short pullback could occur at 1460.

Aug. 27, 2013, 9:10 a.m. EDT
Gold driven into new bull market on Syria fears

link: Gold driven into new bull market on Syria fears - Metals Stocks - MarketWatch

given the above headline and numerous posts across the globe i think we've opened the numpty floodgates ......when everyone wants in it's time to sell it to em.....

where were all the bully posters when gold was making its swing from the weekly lows.....hmmm....

looking good Louis....feelin' good, Billy Ray....

Trader MC, a friend from my goldman sachs network saw this bottom already in early july.. He also thinks that the miners will outperform strongly.

Trader MC, a friend from my goldman sachs network saw this bottom already in early july.. He also thinks that the miners will outperform strongly.

don't need to be from goldman sachs to have seen it even earlier.

Attachments

• gold.png
    gold.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 174
Why is the HUI index losing over 3% today, while gold is rising?

unhedged stocks are just as prone to swing opportunities...think about how many years gold ascended and gold stocks lagged or even went down.......there's small froth after the sudden upswing in stocks....all relative and in correct context to the larger move......imho

unhedged stocks are just as prone to swing opportunities...think about how many years gold ascended and gold stocks lagged or even went down.......there's small froth after the sudden upswing in stocks....all relative and in correct context to the larger move......imho

There is a lot of negativity on gold stocks and I think they are paying for a catastrophic scenery for the price of gold. COuld it be an excess to exploit for strategic purposes?

where were all the bully posters when gold was making its swing from the weekly lows.....hmmm....

I was here but I couldnt be ar5ed to post. gold will make a new high in the next 3 years. nothing to do with the physical metal, nothing to do with fundamentals, nothing to do with cnbc all to do with vested interests..:confused:

I was here but I couldnt be ar5ed to post.

.....we, on the darkside, felt your presence

....nothing to do with....all to do with vested interests..
:devilish:

on the offer today
looking for 2 targets 1401's and 1392's .....be suspect of hourly close in the northern cash hours below that second level...i think it'll get bought up.....small steps, baby wallops!

on the offer today
looking for 2 targets 1401's and 1392's .....be suspect of hourly close in the northern cash hours below that second level...i think it'll get bought up.....small steps, baby wallops!

we hovered over the 1401 level for several hours and finally swamped demand ..if the 1392's fail to hold hourly in the northern session the bulls could be sweatin....

looking at the calendar for events next week.... :sleep:

we hovered over the 1401 level for several hours and finally swamped demand ..if the 1392's fail to hold hourly in the northern session the bulls could be sweatin....

looking at the calendar for events next week.... :sleep:

Well this QE stuff is blowing hot and cold.

Fed Seen Tapering Quantitative Easing Next Month - Bloomberg

Looks like it's hot-on at the mo.

Who knows. I thought we might test breaching 1500 but no conviction in the gold bulls.

Lots of hot air and no put up.

1200s back on target if some support is not forthcoming. :rolleyes: