Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

thus far, today, silver (leading the gold bull by the ring-piece..) has reduxed the 50% level of thurs/fri last weeks price lengths...if the bid fails to hold this level, expect some capitulation uh-oh's....1302 zone is the gold level and we're well above that right now (7)....gold making slight higher high with no follow-thru on silver in the southern session, gold bulls clearly in the buying mood....local cfd platform has gold at 77% long all common accounts and 88% long silver all common accounts and that says "it" all really......

Although I agree it's generally more profitable to take the other side of retail cfd punters, equally a move up in price coupled with a decrease in longs would also be significant. USD/JPY retail punters were 70/80%+ long when the upmove started down at 80.00.

silver did not reach reach fridays low with gold .......bid side the play for mine today above 1273

HUI index +8.88% in one day; such a strong rise has not occurred since 2009. Is the concern back on mining?

I have noticed a general recovery of metals such as copper. This second part of the year could be a recovery for commodities.

Good news for gold. The recent rise has occurred in 5 waves and now it seems that the market wants to attack 1350. Exceeding this level would re-launch the bull market towards 1500.

Attachments

• gold.gif
    gold.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 158
Got a question. A friend in the US just installed IBFX's MT4. He says GOLD is greyed out, unusable. Then he mentioned that US cit/res are not allowed to trade Gold against the USD. Any truth to that? If not, anyone have an idea which broker Will support US cits with XAUUSD?

Thanks.

DISREGARD: Another reason for a Congress cleaning.

Last edited:
More good news for gold. The HUI index is attacking the resistance of 250 points; an upward break would be a significant bullish signal for XAU.

What is your time frame fundamentally?

it depends on the fundamentals (fyi i dont control or influence the fundamentals hence why i cannot answer your q).....being:

1.continuation of QE (see most fiat CBs)
2.more tax hikes (see most fiat countries)
3.implementation of capital controls (see cyprus as 1st example; india just banned import of gold coins & again increased commission on buying gold)
4.social unrest

not saying all will happen in every fiat country, but all of the above are occurring now in some parts of the fiat world inc the major fiat economies (US, EU, Japan, UK et al).

actually the t/f is not necessarily directly related to those implementing the policies, it may be dependent on when the world finally loses faith in those govts/CBs implementing said policies. This cld be from the public losing faith eg social unrest (unlikely in US/UK - too hooked on pizza deliveries & pop idol), but may be more subtle but equally devastating ie mass gilt dumping / rising interest rates in the west despite the best efforts to surpress them (which is happening now - see US/UK/EU). Japan defaulting cld be a trigger also as contagion is a clear & well documented threat, the EU JPY carry trade will no longer work & EU banks will then go bust.

basically whilst 1 & 2 continues i will continue to 'investment' in non fiat vehicles (gold, gold funds, non fiat linked funds etc). if 3 happens on large scale then gold will go parabolic. lets hope 4 doesnt happen.

nb: this has nothing to do with day trading.

gld/gold etf hit a big res area last night..uk time
need to see if the bulls have the guts to take it higher
2q3dq8m.gif

it depends on the fundamentals (fyi i dont control or influence the fundamentals hence why i cannot answer your q).....being:

1.continuation of QE (see most fiat CBs) - maybe - but inflationary pressures still low
2.more tax hikes (see most fiat countries) - about time we paid back debt
3.implementation of capital controls (see cyprus as 1st example; india just banned import of gold coins & again increased commission on buying gold) - short term measures (look at Argentina's experience as an example case. India's banns to protect its foolish citizens from buying gold when its about to drop. Consider it as a leakage in the economy spending rupees on daft gold which has no economic function or benefit
4.social unrest - when where? so what's happened in Greece and Cyprus. you expecting worst case scenarios?

not saying all will happen in every fiat country, but all of the above are occurring now in some parts of the fiat world inc the major fiat economies (US, EU, Japan, UK et al).

actually the t/f is not necessarily directly related to those implementing the policies, it may be dependent on when the world finally loses faith in those govts/CBs implementing said policies. This cld be from the public losing faith eg social unrest (unlikely in US/UK - too hooked on pizza deliveries & pop idol), but may be more subtle but equally devastating ie mass gilt dumping / rising interest rates in the west despite the best efforts to surpress them (which is happening now - see US/UK/EU). Japan defaulting cld be a trigger also as contagion is a clear & well documented threat, the EU JPY carry trade will no longer work & EU banks will then go bust.

basically whilst 1 & 2 continues i will continue to 'investment' in non fiat vehicles (gold, gold funds, non fiat linked funds etc). if 3 happens on large scale then gold will go parabolic. lets hope 4 doesnt happen.

nb: this has nothing to do with day trading.

Agree on the points you raise above to some extent but one should always consider what if - my comments? but other than trading to make profit I do not see value in holding gold I'm afraid. Purely a speculative instrument for me unless one enjoys wearing the stuff or usage in industry.

Reason why mention time frame is because for the best part of two decades gold remained under $500. Even by 1980s based prices gold failed to make a HH. If history repeats it self gold can flounder in the 1200 levels or lower for a good few decades whilst you wait to collect your gains if so???

Why not spend ones wealth on tangible assets one can enjoy now. Few posts back elisab displays this mentality by offering to buy vineyard I was looking at in exchange for a few ounces of gold. Of course he wouldn't, indicating he has the option of doing so. That is my point. Store of wealth factor is debatable but that's all you'll ever have with gold. Options and feelings with no tangibles.

You and NT are perpetual gold bulls but as I say I think you may be over talking gold considering we haven't made a HH in real prices compared to even 1980s. That is not a good sign imo.

As long as the US doesn't engage in daft wars then the dollar will gain strength.

(y)