Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

Who lends gold wants to be paid for a change in dollars. An unusual trade (last time in November 2009), but quite significant to the short supply of physical gold.

Attachments

• gold.gif
    gold.gif
    37 KB · Views: 164
Excellent reaction of gold on the 20 days moving average. I think we might see 1400 back in August, if the Fed will allow it.

I'm very curious to see how gold will move at the end of the meeting of central banks.

Could the Chinese financial crisis be the market mover that will allow gold to rise in the coming months?

looks like NFP is the last gasp effort to get the bulls running

as most bulls have a ring thru their collective noses, maybe they should concentrate on
what silver is doing because it's leading the bull around a paddock...on a gentle slope downwards...

Bad news for gold. The failure to overcome the resistance prelude to a new sharp fall below 1,200$. Oscillators confirm this thesis.

Attachments

• gold.gif
    gold.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 154
Gold to test 1200-1240 regions imo.

Atilla, I was wrong about the gold price and my prediction for Sept. I admit defeat. Shall we have another wager? Sportsman's bet of course...

My bet is; we never return below 1200 for the remainder of the year. Fancy taking the other side?

Atilla, I was wrong about the gold price and my prediction for Sept. I admit defeat. Shall we have another wager? Sportsman's bet of course...

My bet is; we never return below 1200 for the remainder of the year. Fancy taking the other side?

Hi Benj1981,

You're on. Nice to have a little banter indeed. (y)

I am still of the opinion that in the absence of 1450 being broken we are in a bear market for gold and prefer to short the rises.

I believe cost of getting gold out the ground is around $900 so still feel gold's value can fall some more as $1200 seems too high for a commodity nobody wants. Especially as we are entering a bull market with reduced uncertainty and wars. (Even the Israeli and Palestinians are talking peace :) )

Only hope left for the gold bulls is inflation imo.

Hi Benj1981,

You're on. Nice to have a little banter indeed. (y)

I am still of the opinion that in the absence of 1450 being broken we are in a bear market for gold and prefer to short the rises.

I believe cost of getting gold out the ground is around $900 so still feel gold's value can fall some more as $1200 seems too high for a commodity nobody wants. Especially as we are entering a bull market with reduced uncertainty and wars. (Even the Israeli and Palestinians are talking peace :) )

Only hope left for the gold bulls is inflation imo.

Eggsellent, all bets are placed. :clover:

There's no doubt gold is still in a cyclical bear market, however I'd dispute nobody wants it. What's true is the majority of the West don't want it, but central bank buying and public participation from the East is off the scale. Try telling Comex there's no demand for physical gold :eek:

totgold.PNG

Eggsellent, all bets are placed. :clover:

There's no doubt gold is still in a cyclical bear market, however I'd dispute nobody wants it. What's true is the majority of the West don't want it, but central bank buying and public participation from the East is off the scale. Try telling Comex there's no demand for physical gold :eek:

totgold.PNG

Cosmetic demand is variable and the Asians are wise enough not to buy stuff which will fall in value imo other than cultural traditional obligation. At least I like to think so but do recognise it is difficult to cater for the greed and hope people will place on gold.

Other than potential inflation, don't see what else gold has going for it???

Just to clarify if it falls below 1200 I win and if it doesn't you do. Bet good till end of year 2013?

Cosmetic demand is variable and the Asians are wise enough not to buy stuff which will fall in value imo other than cultural traditional obligation. At least I like to think so but do recognise it is difficult to cater for the greed and hope people will place on gold.

Other than potential inflation, don't see what else gold has going for it???

Just to clarify if it falls below 1200 I win and if it doesn't you do. Bet good till end of year 2013?

Global currency debasement, financial systemic risk, and wars, are why I believe the secular bull has a long way to go.

Yes, those were the terms I was thinking.

Global currency debasement, financial systemic risk, and wars, are why I believe the secular bull has a long way to go.

Yes, those were the terms I was thinking.

Agree with your sentiments yes, but that's all history now until good many years to come.

Sober Look: Bundesbank gold holdings decline
Sunday, August 4, 2013
Bundesbank gold holdings decline
soberlook said:
All the conspiracy theories aside, Bundesbank gold holdings (in euros) are down about a third from the peak. Of course a large portion of this can be explained by gold price depreciation, but not all. It is clear that Bundesbank has been a net seller. And while a portion of the sales were to the ministry of finance to make coins, some was sold into the market directly. This is somewhat surprising, given that most central banks have been buyers of gold recently and Bundesbank has always been committed to maintaining its gold reserve.
Gold+held+by+Bundesbank.PNG

xauusd - we could see an upmove in the 2nd half of the year
friday saw a big push up, now need to see a break of 1350 area

thus far, today, silver (leading the gold bull by the ring-piece..) has reduxed the 50% level of thurs/fri last weeks price lengths...if the bid fails to hold this level, expect some capitulation uh-oh's....1302 zone is the gold level and we're well above that right now (7)....gold making slight higher high with no follow-thru on silver in the southern session, gold bulls clearly in the buying mood....local cfd platform has gold at 77% long all common accounts and 88% long silver all common accounts and that says "it" all really......