Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

many 'investors' have read this:
it's easy to make money from the markets, it's hanging onto the win that's hard

....guess which part theyre discovering......

if trading gold is better than 'investing in gold, it's merely because youre not dependant on the bigger fool theory....including bollox that QE or the tapering of QE might influence trend....

if price goes up then goes down and back up, it travelled three ways....if an 'investor' is all in one way only.....that's a sh!t tr!p ....

imho

gold is holding the 1392, thus far in the post-news shuffle....despite the heavy silver sell...no arb'ing this one to hell

if trading gold is better than 'investing in gold, it's merely because youre not dependant on the bigger fool theory....including bollox that QE or the tapering of QE might influence trend....

if price goes up then goes down and back up, it travelled three ways....if an 'investor' is all in one way only.....that's a sh!t tr!p ....

imho

I think it depends on your time horizon. For me, spotting short term trends and price patterns can be lucrative, as long as you manage your risk. Equally, you know instinctively whether a long term asset is under or over-priced. Hype = sell, Fear = buy. So, it doesn’t matter that the long termer (i.e. investor) is one way only – they don’t care about the short term. Equally, the savvy trader has done well over that down/up/down move.

Why not do both?! Yeeeha!

I think it depends on your time horizon. For me, spotting short term trends and price patterns can be lucrative, as long as you manage your risk. Equally, you know instinctively whether a long term asset is under or over-priced. Hype = sell, Fear = buy. So, it doesn’t matter that the long termer (i.e. investor) is one way only – they don’t care about the short term. Equally, the savvy trader has done well over that down/up/down move.

Why not do both?! Yeeeha!

sure....i think good short-term traders are always in both camps...understanding when and where the majority liquidity is and when to fade weak liquidity.....so, in that respect, yes, short term traders want to see both ideas.....in my scope, anyways

the auction is a series of ideas, rather than one long term punt....having said that, for many traders, a nice equity curve can come from one break-away that they dont mess with..... :)

and a nice lift off that 1392 level.....and inversely selling in equities .....isnt that the lore of the land (pun intended)

I do not exclude a return of the gold to area 1430/1450. I did a seasonal analysis and if August closes positively, then, as almost always happened in the history of the last 20 years of the gold, September will also close properly.

imho

sounds perfectly ok to me if its a trade on a 10 year time frame

Wrong!!
Do you remember September 15th, 2008 and what happened? If that was not the start of a financial war then I missed something in the last few years.

hi elisab,
do you know what 'seasonal' means?

imho

Jeez, not every1 wants to be jobbin the markets buddy, and traders arent the only participants! Normal folk whove got a regluar job and cant be watching the ticker all day want an asset class which theyve identified 2 be in a secular bull, and are happy to stick with even during cyclical bear markets. Wats so bad about that.

It still amazes me on here how unless you do exactly what someone else is doing, they have a go @ u 4 it!

Tell us your version of what seasonal means... :rolleyes:

what an epic fail atilla......i thought (only slightly though) higher of you. you just linked to: 'detecting seasonality'.....NOT what seasonal/seasonality means. haha lol roflmao sigh etc etc.

definition of seasonality:
"A characteristic of a time series in which the data experiences regular and predictable changes which recur every calendar year"

Seasonality Definition | Investopedia

if you characterise potential middle east conflict as regular & predictable in a calendar year (hahahaha), along with elisab who groups that in with financial recession 5 years ago, then i feel sorry for the both of you, sincerely.

you absolute f muppet.

as ducati used to say, jog on.

dont worry i will dig up some of your syria posts soon as well, shld be fun.

what an epic fail atilla......i thought (only slightly though) higher of you. you just linked to: 'detecting seasonality'.....NOT what seasonal/seasonality means. haha lol roflmao sigh etc etc.

Did you ever go to school? :LOL:

You are impetuous, rude and I was going to say stupid but I'll leave it at letting you know that your mind is closed because you think you know it all.

It is possible that if you look back there have been a number of what might be termed crises events that occur in September. elisab has given you the date 15th of September and I'll give you another - 16th of September.

I didn't agree or disagree but simply noted events that kick off (probably coincidental imo) around this time.

You should note it and use it as you choose to.

So did you ever go to school or just stayed at home and watched the muppets?

My view of you is less than before. :(

Last edited: