Getting Set To Move Higher

I am with bigblue BULLISH! But we will see some big resistence after a short while and that resistence could take a lo...ong time to break. Maybe if the political stuff will not favorable we will see another bottom after that but only God knows that, maybe Saddam knows too :D

Looks to me that we have a clear break higher, I expect it to continue strongly higher the next 1 -2 weeks before consolidating for another 3 weeks.

Saddam could be good trader though, all he has to do, as he could do a lot of times until now, is to sell short before he chops off a few dozens of heads and he starts to say "mmm... I think I'm goinna kick these inspectors out" :D

Nikkei 225

I think those chart-lovers would find this chart really interesting! ;)

Attachments

• 1804610.gif
    1804610.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 306
Anyone know where I can find some reliable very long term histroical OHLC for sterling, S&P 500, Ftse etc etc
Thanks

bigcharts.com is generally very good - goes back about a decade at least.....

On TC2000 I have the data for the S&P500 going back to January 1962 - not sure if S&P existed before then.

The Dow daily charts go back to 1915.

Hang Seng goes back to 1987.

FTSE100 goes back to 1995.

Looking at Roger's 87 year Dow chart, I find it heartening to see that if the bear market continues into the new year there is an obvious support level at around 840 established between 1965 and 1985! (I'm strong on t/a y'know) :D :D

TradeSmart

hmm Dow support at 840..

Well if it gets there we will neither need it or be able to trade it.. because the world financial system will have crashed and most banks and institutions will have gone bust:) long before then!

madasafish,

I'm that confident, I'm going to short it and will be looking to cover at 1000 (no stop-loss necessary!)

TradeSmart

Tradesmart - you have of course picked on one of the more interesting features of this chart. Also note that after the 1929 crash it took 26 years until 1955 for the Dow to recover to its former high.

Then when the Dow hit 1000 for the first time in 1966 it took until 1982 for it to break thru the 1000 resistance level.

Attachments

• dow1960s.gif
    dow1960s.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 224
Hmm, as in the long run we'll all be dead and I have no patience to go for 20 odd years trades, I'd better move on to the other threads :)

Riz