Getting rid of spam

tekker

5 0
It is the case that you should never click on the unsubscribe link because they then know it is a live email account. Replying to the "from" address may take you to a ficticious name on a real company's email address and they may know nothing about it (my particular problem at the moment).
I read a short time ago that there is a spam email going round offering to take you off the spammers lists (unsubscibe.org or something similar). This apparently is another means of the spammers finding live email accounts.

rossored

2,091 49
Incidentally, if anyone is after a pretty good (and free) popup blocker, try installing Google Toolbar. Absolutely brilliant imho.

RR

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
I think the Google toolbar contains spyware and so what you gain on the popups they gain on their knowledge of where you've been anyway - theres no such thing as a free lunch

oatman

2,879 22
There are plenty of free pop-up blockers around but some programmes require you to allow them.

Finlayson

410 10
Rognvold

I might be mistaken , but when u download the Google toolbar isnt there an option to install with or without this bit of spyware.....think it is something to do with the search facility or something.

I installed it without accepting this option, being a bit cautious as I did it on my inlaws PC first, & the pop-up blocker & main facilities still work a treat............if I am talking out of my a**e forgive me. but this seemed to ring a bell

Jay

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
By hving Kazza installed or one of many other pieces of pirating / sharing software.So beware. Stealth is not the word....

LevII

Established member
579 16
Although my wife would welcome me having a 9 inch p*n*s I'm fed up with all the mail from people telling me how to get one by taking their herbs.

My wife is also getting a bit suspicious about the girls e-mailing me who say they have installed a web cam.

Any up to date testimonials on the best anti spam (preferably freeware) software to get rid of this cr*p?

Assistance much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

LII

PS Anybody tried the herbs?

Last edited:

Racer

2,666 30
I use Mailwasher so you can delete the spam from the server and don't have to download it at all.
You can set it up with filters and blacklists