Geopolitics and the Consequences

You're giving them points for effort?

Yes for sure. I feel US foreign policy and power needs to be curbed.

I don't see China or Russia as a threat, no.

Oligopolistic competition is always better than monopolistic one imho. (y)

Are we seeing the beginnings of the turning of Sri Lanka into an Islamic State?

You mean like persecuting whistle-blowers and dishing out NDAs?

Yes certainly true.

Where does that leave JA? He blew secrets and that's wrong doing right?

Need to think about this one. :unsure:

As far as Assange is concerned, it suggests to me that we are all ruled by criminals.

Wow, Geopolitical dynamite, the capitalist system is failing, so let's save it with the climate change agenda, Greta Thunburg and all those kids being used as naiive pawns in this game.

First we had Attenburgh, then Greta, then Extinction Rebellion, the SNP have declared an 'emergency', Macron, Trudeau, who next? What are UKGov going to announce? Makes Trump withdrawing a puzzle, but as we've seen so many times Trump does things for a reason, big game at play here, cyncical, sick and dangerous for us all (unless you're making money off it).

Country's leaders just can't resist grabbing a slice of their weaker neighbours' territory on one of the well tried pretexts.
I guess it makes them look dynamic and strong but can often lead to self destruction e.g. Hitler.

World press freedom day:

and some commentary:

Last edited:
Another whistleblower prosecution. It doesn't matter which country on the planet it is, whether that country has whistleblowing laws or none, human rights laws or none, if you show dissent or reveal govt crime & corruption, you will be hounded by the state.

The US just doesn't understand geo politics. They keep making the same old mistakes and suffering humiliation and defeat, Besides the enormous cost of having troops in the Middle East. Mrs Poodle naturally supplies a British contingent to suck up to the US.
There should be a KEEP OUT sign there. They have wasted many lives and trillions of dollars with s0d all to show for it.

The US just doesn't understand geo politics. They keep making the same old mistakes and suffering humiliation and defeat, Besides the enormous cost of having troops in the Middle East. Mrs Poodle naturally supplies a British contingent to suck up to the US.
There should be a KEEP OUT sign there. They have wasted many lives and trillions of dollars with s0d all to show for it.

Agreed and I also think US should pay war reparations. Destroying millions of lives in it's lust for more cheap oil and power.

I fear in trying to protect the dollar standard they will lose it.

Time to buy a lil bit of the yellow stuff.

The US might as well give up on Iran sanctions. They will still get the nuclear bomb with or without.
Ditto North Korea. Europe is sensibly keeping out of the ongoing Trump rant against Iran. He ramps it up and then cools down.
Blows hot and cold. They won't give in unfortunately and be sensible. The leadership of Iran is bound up in extreme Islamic ideology and selfish macho pride.

The West's response to the Douma chemical attack was to send the missiles in. The OPCW leaked report looks like it is confirming it was staged. Who is responsible for this war crime?

Standards are falling. Universities aren't interested in picking the best. To get revenue they let any old tom dick and harry in. Number of lessons/hours per week also lower than the 80s as I understand it.

Chancellors paid £500K for doing naff all.

How are they adding value?

Well Mohdi got elected in India for a second term. The world's biggest democracy.
He leads a nationalistic Hindu party. They are the ones to benefit at the expense of the others.
The poor won't see much relief I expect.

Hope you guys see through this Superpower warmongers games selling death and abusing international order.

Here is how it works. Obvious.

So US ramps up war rhetoric against Iran. Brakes nuclear treaty and only party to do so with no verification. Simply says so.

Sends ships to the region.

Price of oil moves up.

Saudis benefit.

Give US trade deal to buy more weapons.

:unsure: Think about it :unsure: